new L3200

SteveF

Equipment
BX25
May 15, 2013
Huntingdon, PA
Thanks all for the support. I am kind-of let down. After all the antisipation, and of course the 17k I was expecting more. Time will tell.
What are your expectations? If you are expecting a loader to plow like a blade I can understand your let down, not the same beast. You put a blade on it, use the float, add some weight and chains and you won't be disappointed.

Put a snow blower on it and that's the cats meow.

Can your F250 plow on ice with no problems?

chuck172

Equipment
L3200, ford4500tlb, ford8n
Feb 12, 2014
honesdale, Pa.
I'm very relieved to hear about the loader arms. My plans are to mount a plow on my QA, utilizing the loader curl hydraulics for angling the plow. I have the R1 loaded tires, I hope I won't need chains, but I'll get them if needed. I'll be adding ballast to the rear 3pt.

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Welcome to the site and congratulations on the new tractor. I've been running a 7.5' Arctic plow on my tractors since 2008 when I first removed it from my pick up and put it on a Kubota Grand L 4240. In 2011 I sold the 4240 and bought the 5740 and the blade is on that machine now. Both machines have done snow clearing commercially as well. I have a rear snow blower and R-1 tires that are not loaded. When I got the 5740 I also bought a snow bucket and it's double the capacity of the OEM bucket so I put four OEM wheel weights on the rear of it to add more ballast. I've never used or needed chains and I know I'll never hurt the FEL loader arms.
I used to plow with a pick up and blade but I'll never go back to that system anymore. The tractor can handle anything in snow but the truck had its limitations.

Burt

Equipment
L3700SU, box blade, 6 foot rhino blade, 1 bottom plow, 3 point receiver hitch.
Mar 24, 2012
Goldendale, WA USA
Just got my new L3200 delivered today. To tell the truth, I'm a bit concerned. Problem is I'm used to my Ford f250 with a 8' plow, and my old ford 4500 tlb. This kubota doesn't seem like it will be strong enough for snowplowing.
My 800' shale driveway is icy, and the snow is like cement. I'm just playing around with the tractor and it's just playing back at me. I see there will be a learning curve, it's not what I'm used to.
I'll be installing a snowplow on it (next year) and let it take over. I hope my expectations aren't too high!
Chuck,

Don't be discouraged. A snow blade and filled tires will make a huge difference and will be all you need.

We use our 6 foot rhino blade to clear the snow from the driveway. Any remaining "piles," I pick up with the loader and move to the side or off the driveway with the loader.

The rhino angles at about 45 degrees either to the left or right to push off the snow. It wil also go straight but I don't use it that way for snow. I also put PAM on the blade to help it slide the snow off.

Everything is relative and it ain't a pickup truck you got, it's a tractor and a good one.

Burt

rparkinson

Aug 23, 2012
Northport Maine
Yeah Burt, that is a good point. My father put a coat of oil on his bucket and the snow slides right out I guess... I may try that myself. It is an extra step for me, if I do some snow removal with the bucket, then go out behind the house and get a bucket of firewood the bucket still has a lot of snow in it. So I grab a shovel and clean it out before adding wood. I will have to try the oil trick. I bet it works great. Up here in Maine we have had a lot of wet heavy snow this year, and boy it really sticks inside the bucket or on the plow. Wildfire, you really have done a clean looking professional install on that plow. You do great work. I really envy your projects. I have had a lot of projects I have created for myself with my new tractor, and every time I get started on one I think of some of the things you have created. You have some great skills. Practice practice I guess. I am getting ready to build a scabbard/mount for my chainsaw next. What a pain not having a good way to carry my saw. I hate carrying it in the bucket because you know what happens when you do that... you dump that baby and run it over after you forget it's in there. I would love to buy one of yours wildfire- If you are ever looking for something to do I would buy one in a second.

Wildfire

Equipment
Wildfire, you really have done a clean looking professional install on that plow. You do great work. I really envy your projects. I have had a lot of projects I have created for myself with my new tractor, and every time I get started on one I think of some of the things you have created. You have some great skills. Practice practice I guess. I am getting ready to build a scabbard/mount for my chainsaw next. What a pain not having a good way to carry my saw. I hate carrying it in the bucket because you know what happens when you do that... you dump that baby and run it over after you forget it's in there. I would love to buy one of yours wildfire- If you are ever looking for something to do I would buy one in a second.
Thank you. I've had that blade new since 1994. It's Canadian made and has a poly skin on it so nothing sticks to it so it's ideal for our climate.

Happy to hear you like what I've done. I'd love to be able to dedicate my time to just doing this sort of thing and I am working towards that but I have 20 years of customers still relying on me to keep them moving so it's hard to give that up right now.

Ya the chainsaw on a tractor can be a bit of a pain when you don't have a dedicated place to put it. Last year when wifey bought me the BX I realized I needed a place for the saw and came up with the saw saddle and axe holder although most don't even see the axe below the saw lol

I am the youngest of six in my family. My dad who passed away 31 years ago was a master at everything, he really was. He's thing was working with wood but did small things with metal. I used to watch him and think to myself that he sure was fussy about his work so everything I've done since I always ask myself if it would be good enough for dad and that's the standard I use to gauge my work.

If and when I get to see him again he'll probably say " you could have done that stuff better" lol.

Hope your going to post your progress on your mods and that great machine you have. We all love pictures. :)

rparkinson

Aug 23, 2012
Northport Maine
Thanks for the reply Wildfire. Yes, I sure will post some pics. I am waiting for the weather to get a little better now. Looks like a week of sub zero weather. I hate to post my projects next to yours!!

Wildfire

Equipment
Thanks for the reply Wildfire. Yes, I sure will post some pics. I am waiting for the weather to get a little better now. Looks like a week of sub zero weather. I hate to post my projects next to yours!!
We are all waiting for warmer weather. I'm tired of winter at this point.
Hey don't worry about posting projects next to mine. If you make mine look bad then I'll just try harder :)