New Grand L 4060 Glow Plug not coming on

LDowney

Equipment
Kubota MX6000
Hey guys. I've had my new L 4060 now for almost a week. I've put about 12 hours on her this week bush hogging. My manual says when I turn the key on, the dash will show the glow plug symbol and when it disappears, I can start the engine. I haven't seen the glow plug light come on at all. I've been waiting 2 or 3 seconds just to be safe. Temps have been low 70's. Dealer told me this new tractor, regardless of temp, will go full hear on glow plugs in 5 seconds.

Anyone else have the Grand L tractor with the info screen? Does your glow plug come on? Am I missing something ?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It only comes on when it needs it, and at 70 deg it doesn't need it. ;)

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Yup, what NIW said. I don't see mine until it is down below 22 F. There are a few seconds while the welcome screen comes up and you could actually see the spot where the glow plug symbol is, and I've wondered whether or not the glow plugs are on during that time, and you only see the symbol if it needs more glow plug time than that. They are remarkably easy to start.

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
I have a new L4060 as well, and have not seen the glow plug light either. Other threads confirm the experiences posted here. As a matter of habit from my fire dept driving days, I wait for the gauge sweep to complete before starting in warm weather.
Drifting off topic.... This new machine really sips fuel compared to my previous L3410.