New cutting edge for B2650 bucket.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
I knew when the welded on cutting edge on my B2650 wore I was going to replace it with a much better and stronger bolt on type due to the fact I was in the business and knew it was the way to go. I did not think it would be in one year. I do snow plow my drive and several others that are paved or conctrete that took the toll. A while back I did see Paul Shorts video installing one on his bx to get a couple ideas. I ordered a 6ft cutting edge from my Kubota dealer due to the fact they dont make one the right size. Flipped my bucket upside down and did the layout for the new edge. You have to be sure to get exact center as the cutting edge is reversible when needed. I clamped the new edge to the correct position. I knew the toughest part would be drilling the holes through the old cutting edge to mount the new edge. I had always planned on using a mag drill to drill the new holes as this would be the most precise. I did find out when borrowing mag drill that they make cutters instead of having to use several different size drill bits. I got a 1/2"cutter for the 1/2 bolts that are used for mounting the cutting edge. The cutters are similar to a hole saw and went down through the old cutting edge like butter. One pass and a new 1/2" hole! I used the new cutting edge for a guide for the new holes. Lined up mag drill, hit the switch to lock it down and drilled 9 new holes. I then had to weld on a 3/8" X 1" wide metal strip to support the back of the new cutting edge which also helps strengthen the bucket. After cutting off the ends of the new edge to the correct width with my 4 1/2 grinder, the new edge weighed 58 pounds. Well worth it for the wear resistance and overall strength. I am very happy with the new set up.

View attachment 22186

View attachment 22187

View attachment 22188

View attachment 22189

View attachment 22190

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013