New BX25D

Colety

Equipment
BX25D-R with loaded tires, pallet forks, landscape rake and rear blade.
Jul 11, 2014
Arlington, VT
New first tractor and wouldn't you know it I buried it in the mud on the second day crossing a creek bed. I guess a ton and a half of tractor doesn't float. Tried like hell to inch it out using the backhoe but not luck. Finally broke down and called a friend. Had to wrap a winch around a tree and link up to a 4x4. Once the base of the backhoe sunk and hit the mud I was cooked. Finally got it out, all for a free lunch and a few cold ones and 1 hour of listening to jokes at my expense. Irony is I bought this to eliminate my shovel and wheelbarrow and I shovedled more mud today than in the last ten years. OK lesson learned. Got a few stumps out, moved a few rocks and took the long way home (no creek!) Still I love this tractor when it isn't buried! :)

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Welcome to the site. Don't feel bad about getting buried. Happens to all of us. Neighbor brought a back hoe over last week to pull some stumps. He Found the one soft spot in the process. Buried an 18 thousand pound machine to the axles. Cost me a 1/2 cord of firewood, now buried under ground. I spent the better part of an hour alternating between picking up the back end and front end and shoving firewood under the tires till i found the bottom, and was able to lift and swing the back end around. Neighbor then climbed in and drove it and steered while i ran the controls to pull it back up on hard ground. We would have never heard the end of it if i had to call a wrecker. It's just learning pains :D

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
New first tractor and wouldn't you know it I buried it in the mud on the second day crossing a creek bed. I guess a ton and a half of tractor doesn't float. Tried like hell to inch it out using the backhoe but not luck. Finally broke down and called a friend. Had to wrap a winch around a tree and link up to a 4x4. Once the base of the backhoe sunk and hit the mud I was cooked. Finally got it out, all for a free lunch and a few cold ones and 1 hour of listening to jokes at my expense. Irony is I bought this to eliminate my shovel and wheelbarrow and I shovedled more mud today than in the last ten years. OK lesson learned. Got a few stumps out, moved a few rocks and took the long way home (no creek!) Still I love this tractor when it isn't buried! :)
AT least you broke it in good! :D
I think you did it on purpose just to drink a few cold ones!!!!! :D

wash her down...o....and wash them down too!!!

welcome to orange country

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Ahhh yes,,, well you have to look at it like this if ya aint getin it muddy, or stuck once in a while,, your not having any fun at all!:D:D
And welcome to the Orange

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Your foot print and your clearance tend to not make the BX's the best mud machines.
But then again my L3450 with flotation tires went on a nice mud adventure this spring, it did pull itself out with just a little help from a shovel!
Mud 5.jpg

Mud 6.jpg

Mud 7.jpg

Mud 8.jpg

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Two cents from me. It seems that the circumstances of getting out generally involve some form of towing eventually. There are plenty of posts here about the dangers then. Just remember chains, ropes and cables all have elastic properties and when they break, all hell descends on the area. During the hectic times then, we sometimes tend to forget the dangers.

Colety

Equipment
BX25D-R with loaded tires, pallet forks, landscape rake and rear blade.
Jul 11, 2014
Arlington, VT
Two cents from me. It seems that the circumstances of getting out generally involve some form of towing eventually. There are plenty of posts here about the dangers then. Just remember chains, ropes and cables all have elastic properties and when they break, all hell descends on the area. During the hectic times then, we sometimes tend to forget the dangers.
As I was reminded when the hook snapped and went like a rocket under the tractor the first time we tried to yank it out. I had the bucket up a bit to hide behind but no doubt it could have ricochet off something and killed me in the process.