Needed Oil Filler plug for B6000 bolt on Tiller

djmc35

Equipment
4 Kubota B6000's, Cub Low Boy, Sears tractor w/FEL
Jun 19, 2014
Bloomington, IN, USA
DSCN3608.jpg

new folder 016.jpg

I have a B6000 with a S850 bolt on Tiller. I need an oil filler plug. I have a wooden peg I insert in it to keep dirt and bugs out. But the actual plug or screw would be so much better! Anybody got a parts book that shows this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. djmc35

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
How big is the opening for the fill hole? A lot of your implements will have a standard pipe thread for the fill hole. If the holes about 3/4" across and looks like it's threaded like a bolt, then it's probably a 1/2 pipe thread which you can get at the local hardware store for about a buck:) if it's about 1/2" across then try a 3/8 pipe thread. Could be a metric, which dragging it over to to a machine shop or local bolt and fasterner retailer and have them check the threads is an option too.
If you post the make and model of your tiller would help;)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
A lot of your implements will have a standard pipe thread for the fill hole.
If you post the make and model of your tiller would help;)
Not if its Kubota, they almost always use BSPT (British standard pipe threads) and Not NPT (National Pipe thread). ;)

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I have a B6000 with a bolt on Tiller. I need an oil filler plug. I have a wooden peg I insert in it to keep dirt and bugs out. But the actual plug or screw would be so much better! Anybody got a parts book that shows this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. djmc35:o
Take an up close clear picture of it with a tape measure across the side of the hole. Not that someone can tell if it is BSPT or NPT - but at least someone can take and educated guess on what to buy.

djmc35

Equipment
Jun 19, 2014
Bloomington, IN, USA
Thanks Guys I will try all the suggestions. I couldn't get a picture to come up on here, I guess I missed something? I have some pictures up in the albums section. I'll get a picture with a tape measure and get it on here. I think I have a 1/2" Plumbing plug so I'll try it for fit too? Lastly I noticed another Plug I think on another part of the tiller. I will see if it will unthread and if it fits the hole. If it does a trip to the machine shop or the seller of bolts should score a success. If not I'll take the whole thing to them and see what they come up with. You guys are Great! I'll let you know how it goes. djmc35

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
Keep in mind that many gearboxes incorporate the vent into the filler plug. If the gear box has no other means to vent and you install a solid plug. Pressure will build up as the machine gets hot and you will push the seals out. You can buy plugs with a vent built in but you will need to know the thread size. It also can be as simple as a small hole drilled in the plug, but that can let in contamination. http://www.tedecoindustrial.com/vent.htm

Attachments

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
Tough to tell with that ruler scale.

Try measuring side-to-side across the largest diameter of the hole.

As is, an ESTIMATED 1.5-mm = ~0.6-inches.

The internal threads look too fine to be a pipe thread. May be a larger fine-threaded metric bolt.

Find another bolt / plug on the machine as you mentioned that will fit and then use that to go find a replacement. Or take your measuring tape and the photo and go on a shopping spree.

Don't get too rough with testing an unknown plug as may ruin the existing internal threads. If you have to use a wrench it may not be the correct thread. Clean the threads well on both the machine and the proposed replacment then try screwing in manually. If it's correct, it should go easily.

Please post back your experiences so we may all learn.

djmc35

Equipment
Jun 19, 2014
Bloomington, IN, USA
I found original Kubota Plug and packing for the bolt on tiller. Looks beautiful! Works great! It is a vented plug. Thanks every one for all the suggestions and help. Danny djmc35

djmc35

Equipment
Jun 19, 2014
Bloomington, IN, USA
Fhttp://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13905&stc=1&d=1418364479ollowing up here is what I ended up getting.

Attachments

djmc35

Equipment
Jun 19, 2014
Bloomington, IN, USA
183http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13906&stc=1&d=1465831 Here is a picture of what I got!

Attachments