Need to transport BX2230

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
What always tickles me the most is what's wirtten in black from the FMCSA and what the weighmaster will tell you inside the chicken coop is NOT what the officer will ticket you for if he feels the need to bust your hump and make it up as he goes along.

How in the hell are you going to give me a 75 dollar fine because the bed in my sleeper was not made up and the sheets were not tidy and neat?!?!
This just doesn't sound right and I hate to bring it up but,

The officer was busting your hump about the bed being messed up????

What was he doing in your sleeper to start with?

I know they say Va. is for lovers but this is a little much ol buddy!!! :eek:

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Just like you said earlier... they can and will go over your rig with a fine tooth comb. And when the DOT man climbs inside the rig I'm not going to be the one to tell him NO!!!!

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Arranging your load is another factor. Some want 10 percent on the hitch.

I usually do less to make it more comfortable in the cab. However, going up a steep hill with the load near balanced will put an uplift on the hitch. In one case for me, I was glad to have 4 WD since the rear tires lost grabbing going up.

Of course, never have the resultant of the load behind the wheels.

rednecklimo85

Equipment
78 B6100E(brush hog, boxblade, snowplow) 85 B7200DT(loader and backhoe)
Oct 24, 2009
torrington,ct
maybe stating the obvious here but I always lock brakes, leave in gear etc. Wont help in a bad accident but will help keep it from stressing one set of hold downs.

Last time I moved my B6100 I used 4 straps that were working load rated for 1500 lbs each, and it worked out really well. Using four gave me some good options vs trying to run one large chain/strap thru thru and around things on each end.

We used to use one chain in the front of our B7200 and one in the rear, but you had to wrap the chain around and thru, and you can clearly see were that's taken paint off over the years. Next time I move it I'll try and find some heavy duty straps that will be rated enough for that one.