Need Shipping Advice

Sam427

Equipment
L3410 GST, FEL, Bush Hog, Box Scrape, Spreader
Nov 6, 2009
Snellville, Ga. USA
Anyone have a good idea how to ship 200 pound quick hitch from Buffalo, NY to Spokane, WA? Fed Ex & UPS want over $500.
You could check with Forward Air. Generally how that works is someone takes it to a terminal and drops it off, then you pick it up at your terminal.

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Anyone have a good idea how to ship 200 pound quick hitch from Buffalo, NY to Spokane, WA? Fed Ex & UPS want over $500.

Welcome to the forum Prairie Dog. :)

I have used Uship.com a few times with very good results. They are a bid type forum and you choose a price and shipper. I have had a car and some tractor sheet metal shipped at a fraction of the price of the big companies.

Good luck:)

bruceatlam

Equipment
B20, FEL, box blade, flail mower
Aug 20, 2009
Camarillo, California
Here's a second recommendation for Uship --- I've shipped a tractor, tires and a couple of other smaller items via Uship with great results at great prices.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Check with a trucking freight company. Someone like R&L Carriers or Yellow Trucking. Google LTL " less then truck load" carrier and see if they might be able to move it for less. Something of that size and weight would have to be truck shipped and usually a dolly and a lift gate are required to load it.