Need help Error 20 HST L3560

dwelling21

Equipment
l3560, land pride rta1258 tiller, ea wicked root single lid grapple
Mar 4, 2016
Lisbon Falls,me,usa
Hi everyone,
I am hoping some of you more experienced tractor owners can help me out. I have an L3560 and it will not start due to an error 20 main NG code. I called dealer, he told me to hold down the display mode button and advanced auto throttle button then turn key to on and a certain screen would pop up to clear the code. needless to say...no dice. Can anyone give me some tips or advice. I will call dealer again first thing in am to see if they can come out to service it. thanks everyone.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Are you stuck on the procedure to.clear the error code or did it tell you the problem still exists? If you have the shop manual it will tell you in more detail how to do what he said. If no shop manual I can copy out the directions to access the screens. What you said didn't sound quite right to me, but I have not tried to access that particular screen..

dwelling21

Equipment
Mar 4, 2016
Lisbon Falls,me,usa
Good ol sheepfarmer...my fav...i was hoping u seen the post cuz i know u have the 3560. If u could screen shot it...that would be good. Thanks so much. The tractor just shut off as i came out of my seat after a hard thrust. I just need to start it and get it back to the house....its in woods

dwelling21

Equipment
Mar 4, 2016
Lisbon Falls,me,usa
It is a problem with ecu not communicating with intellipanel. I dont know where to begin. Would unhooking battery work?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Hi everyone,
I am hoping some of you more experienced tractor owners can help me out. I have an L3560 and it will not start due to an error 20 main NG code. I called dealer, he told me to hold down the display mode button and advanced auto throttle button then turn key to on and a certain screen would pop up to clear the code. needless to say...no dice. Can anyone give me some tips or advice. I will call dealer again first thing in am to see if they can come out to service it. thanks everyone.
This really is not much help.........but.

Attachments

dwelling21

Equipment
Mar 4, 2016
Lisbon Falls,me,usa
They told me to press display mode and auto throttle buttons as i turn key and that clear screen would show up. It didnt show up and i tried it like 20 times. Im still stuck on trying to clear it yes.

dwelling21

Equipment
Mar 4, 2016
Lisbon Falls,me,usa
Thank u 85hokie, i did see that in book and called the dealer, thats when they told me the button stuff i wrote earlier. I checked for any wires disconnected and didnt see anything out of ordinary at all.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Sorry for delay, I fell asleep with tablet on my lap. :( long day. What it says first under error code 20 is
CAN bus wiring is disconnected or short circuited
No signals from main ECU for longer than 5 sec (error cleared if signal sent and received later).
Main ECU damaged.

Sounds like your dealer is guessing the second one will work unless you think there is a wire loose too.

To clear an error (from p 9s22)

1. Hold down display mode switch and turn key on. You should see a screen that says service inspect and a bunch of letters. Somewhere in here let go of both of those switches.

2. Press the display mode switch to scroll through the letter choices. (My very little experience with this panel is scrolling is accomplished by brief touches). A buzzer rings. Choose display D. Choosing is accomplished by a long press. Hold the display mode button down steadily for more than 2 sec.

3. You should see a screen that says "Want to clear error? Hold button for 3 s more."
Hold the button down for 3 sec to delete the information. You should then see a screen that says "cleared". (Let go of button here?)

4. You should then see notice to "turn off key" and that would save the change.

I would avoid getting into the other lettered choices, except J, in case you accidentally reset something else.

I did see a section where display mode and auto throttle are both pushed, but it is in a section where it is looking in test mode for the resistance between terminals 2 and 3. ?

Good luck! Other possibilities might need looking for blown fuses. Some folks have mentioned that some electrical testing is hazardous in case you damage the ECU. Expensive. Cheaper to have dealer out. Ifyou haven't guessed I am pretty chicken when it comes to wading in when I don't know what I'm doing. :eek:

dwelling21

Equipment
Mar 4, 2016
Lisbon Falls,me,usa
Hi sheepfarmer,
Thanks for all the info. I went up today and checked all fuses. turns out the 20 fuse was blown. it is the one that controls the throttle. i placed a new one in and it started right up and i finished getting the stump out:D. i read some post where you made a code book so maybe this could go in there. I am so thankful it wasn't more severe. I can't get over how it can shut the whole tractor down:mad: Thanks for your replies, i really do appreciate your time and the time of others who posted. it is very helpful and encouraging. all the best to you and im sure i'll be in touch on my next mess up:D:D

Reactions: 1 user

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Hi sheepfarmer,
Thanks for all the info. I went up today and checked all fuses. turns out the 20 fuse was blown. it is the one that controls the throttle. i placed a new one in and it started right up and i finished getting the stump out:D. i read some post where you made a code book so maybe this could go in there. I am so thankful it wasn't more severe. I can't get over how it can shut the whole tractor down:mad: Thanks for your replies, i really do appreciate your time and the time of others who posted. it is very helpful and encouraging. all the best to you and im sure i'll be in touch on my next mess up:D:D
I have the code book for L series tractors given to me by a retired Kubota tech.

Send me an pm with your email and I will provide you with a link to download.

Dave

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Any way I could get that code book? I have an error 40 on mine.
Error 40 according to owner's manual is "Input voltage to sensor from ECU is in trouble" contact your dealer, the wsm has more information, but its scattered around and I am usibg a paper copy. I believe it is the range shift lever sensor they are talking about, but not sure. To start with it suggests checking the grounds. More later

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
You pretty much need the wsm. There are pages to tell you how to check the voltage from the ecu using the intellipanel, and a page to tell you where to check the connector from the H-DS lever, by taking cover off steering column etc. If you have an HST besides checking grounds you could try jiggling the turtle/rabbit lever.

lungdoc

Equipment
Grand L6060 HSTC,
Oct 15, 2021
Huntsville, ON
Just an update for anyone with this error, at least on my L6060. Had this intermittent then persistent, tried all fuses, no damaged wires etc. Thought for sure I was heading for an expensive service call. Called dealer, technician told me about two relays, attached to and to left of the silver electronic control box behind left rear wheel (can reach it with mild discomfort from the rear PTO area). Popped those out, cleaned off and swapped them and all was right!! Did not see those relays referenced on prior posts/ search.

Reactions: 1 users

Paul Echols

Equipment
Kubota L6060 Grand
Jan 27, 2022
Murphysboro, Illinois
Just an update for anyone with this error, at least on my L6060. Had this intermittent then persistent, tried all fuses, no damaged wires etc. Thought for sure I was heading for an expensive service call. Called dealer, technician told me about two relays, attached to and to left of the silver electronic control box behind left rear wheel (can reach it with mild discomfort from the rear PTO area). Popped those out, cleaned off and swapped them and all was right!! Did not see those relays referenced on prior posts/ search.
Just wanted to thank you. Your post helped me resolve an issue I had. A small tree popped up under my L6060 and killed my tractor with a "Error 20" message. The little tree hit one of the relays you spoke about and popped it completely off. I found it this morning and put it back and all is good. This is the second time I have had a little tree hit something under that side and kill the tractor. It is an Achilles heel to this tractor. With the wiring bundles and electronics on that side, why didn't they put some kind of guard there? Thanks again.

Reactions: 1 user

Sideshowbob

Equipment
L5060 HSTC
May 10, 2018
North Western Ont
My L5060 has had a intermittent crank but "No Start" issue since new. When it was still under warranty, Kubota had trouble shot the situation numerous times with no lasting solution. The situation only occurred in sub zero weather and would sometimes go a year without showing up. When it happened it would show code 20 and to me always seemed like a typical frozen mechanical relay issue like is common on snowmobiles.
As the tractor is stored in a unheated pole barn I would have to tarp the whole tractor, heat it up and it always cured the problem. Because of this post I have quoted I finally figured out which relays were freezing...I did not even know the two relays existed if I hadn't found your info.
Thank You!

Michigan_Jason

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 HST LE
May 29, 2023
Almont, MI
Not to resurrect an old thread, but I am having this type of issue on my Grand L3560 LE MY23. It act fuel starved, but will eventually start (not like it did prior) sometimes I can keep it running, but it eventually will stall. My Auto throttle advance button, and HDS lever are both non-responsive when triggered. Tractor has 70hrs. I also no longer have the gear displayed on the screen (H, M, L) I believe these to be relatable. I think I may have messed the settings up when poking around in the service menu.

Docjohnson

Equipment
L6060
Dec 3, 2023
McCoy tx
Hello! I’ve been reading yours comments trying to figure out my l6060. It’s got me stumped! I’m getting an error code 20 I have the book. I’ve sent it to kubota, kubota diagnosed it as broken wires from ecu. And tried to charge me 8k to require the tractor. So I picked it up, and now have the whole thing tore apart tracing wires down. I can’t find any bad wires. Have been checking continuity and looking for bad wires…. Haven’t found one yet. My tractor has been down for 2 months trying to figure this issue out. It shut down on me while I was turning dirt over a fire. Backed out and it shut down. Power comes on but does not crank. I can jump the starter and it will crank but not stay on. Someone please help! I’m going bald here. Thank you!

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
How are you checking wires? An ohm meter, test light, or led test light? 8K wow. How much is a new harness?