navigating a thread

maj_primate

Equipment
B6100 HST
Jan 6, 2013
Summerfield Florida
Last week I noticed that when I used the " go to first unread button" on a thread, my mouse scroll wheel didn't work. It works if I bring up the whole thread. Just wondering if I accidentally changed something or maybe someone else is having the same experience. I don't post much, but am on the site everyday and enjoy it a lot and have learned a lot as well. Kind of like the kid who sits in the back row not saying anything , but taking it all in. Thanks to all of you who do share.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I have noticed the same thing as well on some posts,, what I have found is if I resize the post it works,, don't ask me, I have no idea how it works:confused:

maj_primate

Equipment
B6100 HST
Jan 6, 2013
Summerfield Florida
skeets- that was the answer! I usually run my zoom at 165 for a 23" monitor. When the zoom was at 175 for a few days is when I had the problem. Just ran a test and confirmed no scroll at 175, proper operation at 165. Thanks, Tom

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
UH - where is this fabled "go to first unread button" located?
After you select the "New Posts" option in the menu bar near the top of the forum (that will show all the news items since you last visit), the instead of clicking the thread title, click the little down arrow to the left of the title, you will be taken to the first unread post in that thread. You must have the cookies enabled in your browser for this all to work however.

Attachments

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
I like the milk and cookies a lot better than the mouse and cheese stuff. LOL :D

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
After you select the "New Posts" option in the menu bar near the top of the forum (that will show all the news items since you last visit), the instead of clicking the thread title, click the little down arrow to the left of the title, you will be taken to the first unread post in that thread. You must have the cookies enabled in your browser for this all to work however.
Thanks for the run down. I don't always log on so had never used that before.