My new L1-22dt Sunshine

lsmurphy

Equipment
B7001
Oct 19, 2012
Parrrottsville TN
That would be great :)

Ive emailed them asking for a L1-22 parts manual and shipping to Australia 2156.
They replied, "no problem, $73 including priority mail, we take paypal and please call to place the order"
Ive replied, "bit hard to call from Australia, can you please send a paypal invoice"

Never heard back :(

Their details are:

JUST TRACTOR PARTS
13987 PIONEER RD. SUITE 2
P.O. BOX 3965
APPLE VALLEY, CA 92307
Phone Number: 760-240-3336

http://justtractorparts.com/KubotaManuals.aspx

Many thanks, really appreciated :)
Cheers
Marc

I will get home tomorrow from work about 6pm, it will be 3pm California time, I will call then.

The only info I have about you is Mark from Australia.........hope that is enough.....

1coolbanana

Equipment
Kubota BX1860
Jan 9, 2014
Australia
Ok, so am I missing something here :confused:
This ROPS in my mind anyway, is backwards!
Why would anybody want it to fold forwards and not be able to use the machine when folded seems to be pointless??

I removed the whole top section from the central column to find that the bolt pattern does not line up the other way.

Has this been manufactured wrongly?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yep that is just plain wrong!
Any chance they put the bottom section on backwards?

1coolbanana

Equipment
Kubota BX1860
Jan 9, 2014
Australia
Yep that is just plain wrong!
Any chance they put the bottom section on backwards?
Bottom section is not reversible and is also the top link mount :(
Im going to call them today and also the manufacturer which appears local.

On another note, I found the level indicators, the gearbox/hydraulics is a nice little sight glass behind where your left foot rests under a cover and the front axle filler plug has a dipstick on it :)

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
just thought i'd bounce this idea around guys, possibly made to fit a diffferent model:confused:
I have seen the same model sunshine as this advertised here in the uk with a differeing ROPS, it looked to fold backward as per normal.

It may be that the correct rops was not available so fitted the next best thing albeit backwards:eek:

justr a thought.

1coolbanana

Equipment
Kubota BX1860
Jan 9, 2014
Australia
Forgive me if I already gave you this info, but if you download manual #66, I think is about the same tractor as your model, the L2350 if I remember right.
http://golftechs.net/jtest/index.ph...category&id=28:manuals&Itemid=6&limitstart=60
Excellent, thanks.
Im hoping it will be close for the majority of things :)

The only immediate obvious difference is mine has 32 gears as opposed to 16.

Im really hoping I can get hold of the parts manual from Just Tractor Parts in CA.

Cheers
Marc

lsmurphy

Equipment
B7001
Oct 19, 2012
Parrrottsville TN
I called there and spoke to a 'new' guy who had only been there a week. He took your info and said he will look into it and get back to me tomorrow.

As soon as I hear from him I'll let you know.

He said he will look for your email and see what hung up the order.

1coolbanana

Equipment
Kubota BX1860
Jan 9, 2014
Australia
I called there and spoke to a 'new' guy who had only been there a week. He took your info and said he will look into it and get back to me tomorrow.

Thank you very much, appreciate it :)

1coolbanana

Equipment
Kubota BX1860
Jan 9, 2014
Australia
Hey Marc, welcome to the site. I have to say, that's one very nice looking tractor. Yup the ROPS is on backwards :confused:

That being said, you did good buying that machine. Congrats. :)
Many thanks, so far this site has been awesome, especially for a tractor newbie like me, learnt so much already and everyone is so helpful, just brilliant :)
Hope Ill be able to repay the favors :)

buildspacetrains

Equipment
L2402dt
Nov 12, 2010
Melbourne Australia
That ROPS is really weird. I have to lower mine to drive it into one of my sheds to attach the post hole digger. Mine folds backwards and I continually hit my head on it when I'm attaching the digger. My ROPS is pretty flimsy and I hope I never have a situation to use it as I really don't think it's up to the task even though it's commercially made and certified. Yours at least looks sturdy even though it's on backwards!! Most interested what you hear back from the manufacturer.

Attachments

1coolbanana

Equipment
Kubota BX1860
Jan 9, 2014
Australia
Very nice tractor mate :)
And wow, look at that flat land, wish I had a bit of that :D mines all steep, hilly, rocky, main reason I went for the shuttle shift as I just couldnt afford anything with HST.

I spoke to who I thought was the manufacturer but they turned out to be the certifiers and confirmed, no way should it fold forwards.

I spoke to the dealer today who said "ill pass it on to the warranty dept"
So by that statement, Im not expecting much. :(

1coolbanana

Equipment
Kubota BX1860
Jan 9, 2014
Australia

They apologetically contacted me today and I have sent payment :)

$50 for the complete parts manual and $73 for shipping :eek: ...oh well, its needed.

Thank you so much for giving them a nudge for me, much appreciated :)

John Corey

Equipment
Kubota Sunshine L1-22DT
Oct 30, 2015
Gold Coast Australia
Hi all, my first post on a great site and glad to have joined. :)
Im in Australia and Im just about to take the plunge and get a refurbished grey import Kubota L1-22 with 4 in 1 loader.
What would similar models be to cross reference with?

I was nearly going to buy a Foton 254 but thought the Kubota L1-22 a much better long term proposition.

Against the advice of every dealer I speak to, Im going to go ahead with it as it does not appear all doom and gloom and spares availability shouldnt be a total loss from what I can tell and read.

Am I doing the right thing?
Also, no power steering, would this be an issue with a fair amount of loader work?

I am struggling with finding much info on the L1 series though :confused:
And most searches dont seem to find much.

Could anybody tell me what I should be looking for to find service manuals , owners manuals, parts manuals, servicing interval data etc.

Small amounts of info come up with L1-225 but not the L1-22 so much.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers from Oz

Hello mate. I'm also from Oz and today bought an L1-22 Sunshine with bucket and slasher for $4500. It's in great nick and I was just wondering if you had any luck finding a manual and identifying what year your tractor is? Also is there a decent place in Oz you have found for parts, attachments. I need to buy an auger for it.

Cheers mate
JC