My new baby got dirty today

Frank46

Equipment
L3800 La524 loader
Nov 4, 2013
new Iberia,LA
Well took the L3800 I just bought and cut about 3.5 acres of grass. Dirty job but someone had to do it. Everything worked fine. Only problem I had was with the longer wheelbase. Every so often would loose traction on one of the rear wheels. My land that I cut isn't exactly level. 4 wheel drive worked great. Did suffer one casualty though. Branch caught the SMV sign and launched it a good 30'. Did go slow as this was the first time I used it but am well satisfied with the new kubota. Will be cutting a whole lot of low hanging branches these next few days. And the seatbelt fit great. Frank

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Low hanging branches huh,,, well there was this guy one time that:eek:,,, oh hell never mind,, just go cut everything off every thing you can reach,, trust me!!!
just cut all those low hanging branches off, every bloody one of them!!!,,
my orchard is now clear I can walk drive and never hit nuttin again,,,

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
"nuttin again,,,"- those two words say an awful lot...;)

Frank46

Equipment
L3800 La524 loader
Nov 4, 2013
new Iberia,LA
Yeah lotta then old evil low branches, gonna get one of those fancy gas powered pole saws and do them all in. Actually was the first time in quite awhile I've been down to the bayou. Scared up a couple rabbits. Was a pretty good day for what I did. not really hot at all and low humidity. Frank

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
"nuttin again,,,"- those two words say an awful lot...
Yeah they do my friend,, It says 6 weeks with your arm in a cast sucks,,lol

Bluegill

Equipment
L3750DT Shuttle, L3800DT FEL both
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
Well took the L3800 I just bought and cut about 3.5 acres of grass. Dirty job but someone had to do it. Everything worked fine. Only problem I had was with the longer wheelbase. Every so often would loose traction on one of the rear wheels. My land that I cut isn't exactly level. 4 wheel drive worked great. Did suffer one casualty though. Branch caught the SMV sign and launched it a good 30'. Did go slow as this was the first time I used it but am well satisfied with the new kubota. Will be cutting a whole lot of low hanging branches these next few days. And the seatbelt fit great. Frank
Take the FEL off when mowing and that wont be a problem any more...

The weight of the FEL is taking weight off the rear and putting it on the front axle...

Frank46

Equipment
L3800 La524 loader
Nov 4, 2013
new Iberia,LA
Thanks for the tip regarding removing the fel before cutting the grass. May only have one more shot at grass cutting out back as its getting close to December..
Was kinda nice to actually see all the way down to the bayou. Frank

Whiskey Papa

Equipment
B2920
Sep 21, 2013
Illinois
I have a pole saw that I use once a year. Any branch within reach gets whacked. The wife thinks I'm a maniac, I think of it as preventative maintenance.

Hook

Equipment
L3240 with LA514 FEL, Box Blade, Howard Rotovator, All Purpose Plow, Sub Soiler
Jul 6, 2010
Jackson, Georgia
Tractor, bush hog, low branches = Danger
Tractor, bush hog, yellow jackets or hornets = Danger

Be Careful!