My new B2650!

rcampbell

Equipment
Kubota B2650, loader, 60" mower deck
May 13, 2017
PE, Canada
Finally got my new tractor. I did a lot of research on the BX, B01 and B50 series machines. I do need to cut grass with mine, but ultimately decided I wanted a machine suitable for loader work and snowblower work as well, so I ended up with the B2650. Brand new from factory, only has 0.4 hrs on it so far lol

Will get the mower deck on sometime in the next few days. The Ground clearance under this machine with no deck on is pretty impressive I thought.

Last edited:

mpham

Equipment
B 2650 cab
Nov 15, 2016
Massachusetts
Very nice! I love mine. Only problem I have is it is a bit heavy for my wet muddy yard. It is really rutting things up. Even with the turfs. Cab probably makes the difference with wieght.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Very nice machine - you gonna have fun sitting there!;):)

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
congrats!

these are such good looking toys!

rcampbell

Equipment
May 13, 2017
PE, Canada
I'm so pumped to have finally taken delivery of it! Next task will be to get the mower deck on. And then it will basically be used for grass cutting, landscaping and in my large garden and my home garden. I'm sure I will find many other uses for it as well along the way.

I also have the parts collected to build a tandem 7k trailer to haul it, so I will need to get steel together and get building that as well!

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
Mine has a whopping 11 hours on it, lol. Just dumped a few buckets of gravel and used my drag on the road/driveway, got a little warm so put on the AC, not spoiled at all, not to mention listening to good ole rock and roll.

clm

May 19, 2017
Glenwood, Iowa
Very nice! Mine is supposed to be delivered on Friday. I ordered the same set up, right down to the turf tires.....can't wait!

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Congrats on your new tractor. I have had mine a couple years and it has been a workhorse. Any questions feel free to ask.

Huskerfan

Equipment
Kubota B2650 HSTC, Grasshopper 725Dt
May 24, 2016
Iowa
You will find it to be very useful. After a year of mowing, spraying, towing, aerating , logging, chipping, and winching; l continue to be amazed at utility and power of this tractor. It's not like the big brutes on the farm but very capable for homeowners and on acreages.

dmbjohn

Equipment
Kubota B2650HSDC FEL60"SSQA ,LP 60" BB, HLA 42" forks, Ingersoll 4118 snowblower
Apr 8, 2017
New Era, MI
congrats, sounds like you have plenty of plans for it:p Enjoy!

rcampbell

Equipment
May 13, 2017
PE, Canada
Congrats on your new tractor. I have had mine a couple years and it has been a workhorse. Any questions feel free to ask.
Hey thanks for the offer! Was actually looking to build a couple attachments for it, ballast box being one, and hiller for our huge garden would be another valuable asset for sure!

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Hey thanks for the offer! Was actually looking to build a couple attachments for it, ballast box being one, and hiller for our huge garden would be another valuable asset for sure!
I have all the things you are looking at. I really like to have a dedicated ballast box set up for doing loader work and snow plowing. I designed mine to be compact for doing those chores. I did alot of experimenting, and you need 700 lbs of ballast for doing heavy loader work with a 60" bucket and keeping the tractor planted. Also have 60" mmm and mows awesome. You will also need bucket hooks on your bucket, either welded on like I did mine or bolt on for lifting and moving things. Also added LED lighting for night time work or snow plowing. I bought a Land Pride 66" rototiller for mine that works great also. I also put a bigger tool box on behind the seat. I also fabbed up a tool box for chains that mounts on to the loader frame as there is no other place for them. All of these things really enhance doing chores with the tractor.
View attachment 29595

View attachment 29596

View attachment 29597

View attachment 29598

View attachment 29599

Last edited:

rcampbell

Equipment
May 13, 2017
PE, Canada
Oh very nice, thanks for the pictures! Are you just using railroad steel for ballast?

I'm in the middle of getting ready to mount my MMM. I was away on conference for 3 days, so still haven't gotten to play with the tractor yet!

My brother has a Woods 52" tiller, which should be easy for this machine to drive I'd say. He runs it with is NH Tz18, and it works well, but when set deep, it a little more than that tractor would care for.

The hooks on the loader are a really good idea, I'll have to look into that! Would love to find some pallet forks too!

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
Congratulations from one who has the same machine picked up earlier this year. For me it was between this or a B2601, either would have been a nice upgrade from my B7500 but I'm happy I went with this one. Mine also has turfs, FEL, and the 72" mmm which has been getting a lot of use lately. I kept the ballast box from my previous tractor and recently got a grapple from EA that I REALLY like.

Rookie Farmer

Equipment
B2650 SSQD forks 60" rear finish mower
Jun 9, 2017
Tenino, WA
Congrats on your new machine. I know the feeling, I just got my new 2650 delivered last night. Mine has filled R4 tires, rear finish mower, pallet forks, and receiver hitch.

Put a couple hours on it today. Had the wife lift me up on a pallet to trim some evergreen trees to make head room for a new fence going in tomorrow. Probably not recommended by the manufacturer or OSHA. After all the tree trimming was done, hooked up to my trailer, loaded it all up and pulled up next to my burn pile. Just like everyone says, you will make up projects to use it.