My Longest Day

Martywoodburner

Equipment
BX 2670-1, 60 MMM, FEL, Back Blade, Front mount Snowblower
Apr 17, 2015
Kirtland Hills, OH
First time owner and waiting for delivery of my BX 2670-1 with FEL, 60" MMM, back blade, and front mount snow blower to be delivered tonight.
My dealer is even putting on the piranha tooth bar for me.

Thanks to all for solid info during my lurking period on the forum to help come up with this choice!

Yes...pictures will be coming :)

Marty

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Marty,

Have a great, wonderful, and safe time on your new machine!!! You are gonna love it !:)

HickoryNut

Equipment
BX25DLB/PForks,Front Blade,3PH,and 3Pt STUFF, BXPanded UA, Piranha, BH Dolly,Rip
Apr 15, 2011
NE Georgia
Prepping the popcorn and an adult beverage in anticipation of the slideshow! :D:D

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Congratulations Marty on the new arrival! Some of us have even been known to name them :D

Just wanted to warn you that the waiting gets worse, I sent mine away on Monday for service, and it is coming back this afternoon. I have been having meltdowns in case something bad happened to it while it is away from home. Its spot in the barn has been looking so empty ;):( for three days.

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
sheepherder, don't worry those dealers know how to transport equipment. I picked up a 430# grading scraper from the dealer yesterday. He loaded it on the back end of my 10' trailer and said "all set". The rear bumper on my truck was 1' higher than the front bumper, if the trailer hit a bump the back end of the trailer would probably have hit the ground, and I only have 50 miles to go on hill curving roads. I said maybe we should push is closer to the front of the trailer.... May you should check on the progress getting it back.

Larry

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
sheepherder, don't worry those dealers know how to transport equipment. I picked up a 430# grading scraper from the dealer yesterday. He loaded it on the back end of my 10' trailer and said "all set". The rear bumper on my truck was 1' higher than the front bumper, if the trailer hit a bump the back end of the trailer would probably have hit the ground, and I only have 50 miles to go on hill curving roads. I said maybe we should push is closer to the front of the trailer.... May you should check on the progress getting it back.

Larry
Glad you and the scraper made it home in one piece. My Kubbie is finally home safe, this time chained down properly on the trailer. So I have it back in its home in the barn, with a new landscape rake attached, Ingersoll home too, and am quite a bit poorer :eek: but itching to try out the rake on the horse manure piles in the pasture.:D:):)

Do you think we should warn Marty about implementitis, the highly contagious disease that comes with new tractors, such that no matter how many implements you have, you think you "need" just one more?

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Implementitis is a serious issue :eek: got the tractor last year, now I have three more pieces then what came with the tractor :rolleyes: I'm still looking for the elusive deal on a tiller. I'm not allowed to say anything about my wifes shoe and purse purchases anymore :( :rolleyes::D my wife calls me an implement whore :rolleyes: I tell her she's right :D

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
You buy a tractor (toy) for somewhere form $6,000 to $30,000 and then have to find new jobs to justify calling the tractor a tool. Some of those new jobs require buying more implements (toys) for $300 to $6,000 and finding more new jobs to justify calling the implements tools. Some of those new jobs.......
Am I playing the game right?

Larry

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
OUTSTANDING !!!! enjoy your new toys:eek:,,, err tools I meant tools:rolleyes:

Humblebub

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX 2370 with MMW, FEL and snow blower
You have it right! :). Which reminds me, can the group advise me on an implement. In my head I am calling it a finish rake. Not even sure it exists. We breed German Shepherds and have 3/4 acre behind chain link. Usually 6 Sheps at a time and they leave, er, deposits. I am thinking of a 3PH mounted rake than I can use to minimize the area that requires manual clean up. I don't need to rake roots, stones, move dirt etc. The area is groomed grass. Does what I am thinking of exist?

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Humblebub,

I sure looked for such an implement!

I need to rake my "rock" driveway but not "scrape" it. My rake is a little too rough on it and I think it would waste grass as well.

I bought five nice fan (leaf) rakes from HD and will weld up a bracket for my 3-pt to hold all five when I get a chance. Sometimes you have to get creative. :)

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Implementitis is a serious issue :eek: got the tractor last year, now I have three more pieces then what came with the tractor :rolleyes: I'm still looking for the elusive deal on a tiller. I'm not allowed to say anything about my wifes shoe and purse purchases anymore :( :rolleyes::D my wife calls me an implement whore :rolleyes: I tell her she's right :D
You can always tell her that you had friends that gavvvvveeee those pieces of machinery to you, or that they are in a llonnnnnnnnng term borrow situation!!!!! little white lies!!!!:D:)

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
To the OP: I feel your pain. I've been waiting on mine for 3 weeks now and no end in sight. I'm less than thrilled with the stories I've been getting from the dealer, but don't have a lot of options at this point.

As to implementitis: There really ought to be a telethon for those of us that suffer the ravages of this insidious disease. When I bought my John Deere lo those many years ago, it came with a front blade, a tiller and a rotary mower.

Over time, I swapped the blade out for a loader, added a landscape rake, a box blade, a chipper, a snowblower, a backhoe, a log splitter, a finish mower, a post hole digger and a set of forks...

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Humblebub,

I sure looked for such an implement!

I need to rake my "rock" driveway but not "scrape" it. My rake is a little too rough on it and I think it would waste grass as well.

I bought five nice fan (leaf) rakes from HD and will weld up a bracket for my 3-pt to hold all five when I get a chance. Sometimes you have to get creative. :)
I thought about the leaf rake idea too, but lacking welding skills was thinking of attaching a row of them to my back blade with baling twine and duct tape :D :D the most common farm construction tool, but then I thought, nah, that won't work...would have made a great picture though!

Little Orange

Equipment
Kubota BX25D TLB, hitch frame, FEL forks, 3pt steel ballast and back blade
Dec 8, 2013
Comox Valley, BC Canada
Use wood. Make a 4' wide tow behind shovel. Bevel a piece of 2x6 blade faces tractor attach a sheet of plywood to a rabbet in back of 2x6. box in the sides and end, couple of chains back to your tractor and you have a cheap pooper scuper, add some weight if need be and your good to tow.