my EV crystal ball was right, again

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
The mail carrier in my area delivers the mail in their own 30yo beater that looks like its been in a couple demolion derbies 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂 The only time I see a legit USPS vehicle in my area is Sunday Amazon deliveries. 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
Likewise, I never see an actual USPS delivery vehicle in my area. Just contractors delivering mail from their old beater war wagons.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
IF EVs were THE replacement, out governments would be BUILDING the fast chargers, super stations, nukes in every backyard,millions of power lines, etc.We hear talk but no ACTION on this.
You hold too much stock in Governments - they are bloated, lazy and incompetent bureaucracies run by used car salepersons making policy based on special interest groups and graft. That's why we have a carbon tax - easy to implement, does nothing for the environment and lets them claim "free markets" and "efficiency".

Consumerism and disposable everything is the problem. So is low density residential housing and urban sprawl taking over our best farmland is the problem. Multiple cars sitting in every driveway is part of the problem. Overpopulation is the problem. Culture of entitlement is the problem.

Carbon tax doesn't fix these problems. EV's won't fix the problem. Hydrogen fuel cells won't fix the problem.

A cultural shift to conservation and conservatism will help. Nobody wants that because it interferes with peoples rights to consume and pollute with impunity.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

tbk5

Equipment
L3710, L3010, ZD1211, RTV900xt, GR2100, lots of 3pt equipment
Sep 24, 2013
Central AL
EVs aren't for me. It doesn't bother me that others use them. Just don't force it on me. And, don't make me pay for yours.

I do think EVs are a fad. They will be replaced by technology that works for the consumer and for the environmental goals. For me, today, they are just a different CFL. Expensive, crappy lighting that ultimate did more harm than good to the environment.

I dislike the whole subscription model in vogue these days. I don't like that the company that disable my use remotely- cars, tractors, software, etc. So I buy and use older non-ecu tractors I have older vehicles. I learned how to communicate via analog radio, including sending email. I use perpetually licenced desktop software. Yes, I like OTT but my life would not end without it.

Not all progress is good. As I get older, I long for simplier times. People seemed happier.

Reactions: 2 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
not seemed, WERE happier

far less stress
got up, went to work 6 days a week, church on Sunday
family consisted of father, mother, several children
people respected each other ( for the most part...)
took pride in they're work and accomplishments at home

Reactions: 1 user

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Following @aaluck , this is a picture I took last year near my daughter’s home in California.

I was shocked, no pun intended. ;)

Within a couple hundred yards of Monterey Bay beach. Almost never get snow, but still.....

I’m pretty sure it was a feed to a nearby house. I don’t think I chased it to its endpoint, but don’t think it’s apt to handle a large load reliably.

And that’s California…

View attachment 125727
Thats funny,, cause I have seen a couple bootleg punch mines that got power the same way,,, they stole it!

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
What it's like.....

Buy an electric car they say. Get rid of fossil fuel they say. I rented an EV to drive to Rochester. Kid at Enterprise says “you’ll be fine to drive to Rochester and back.”

Got to hotel, it had a charging station, car showed 70 miles left on batteries. Plug car in for $5 and got barely any charge at all. Get up this morning drive to where I was working, very evident I’m not getting home without having to stop somewhere.

Finish job, time to head towards home…Jump on thruway, they have these fancy new rest stops! I’ll be good! Driving down Thruway and the car tells me hey there’s a charging station coming up! Wahoo! Get off thruway at one of these fancy new rest stops (that replaced the perfectly fine old rest stops.) Pull up to a bank of 8 EV chargers to plug my car in, I’ll charge up and be on my way! Wrong….none of the plugs fit this car (A Hyundai). Because why would you make all EV plugs universal?!

Get back on thruway with 20 miles left on my “tank” and only 78 miles to go to get to Syracuse. Drive 8 miles to next exit get off thruway drive 10 miles off thruway so I could sit for a half an hour to charge up. This charging station had more different variations of plugs, this time luckily it had one that fit my car. Not sure what you do after that if it didn’t fit… anyway… Put in $16.33 worth of electricity which got me a “half a tank” pulled into the airport with 30 miles left on my batteries.

Yeah I’ll run right out an buy one!
🤦🏻‍♂️
no wonder no one wants all the EV trucks that are sitting on lots everywhere. Moral of story. Every single gas pump nozzle in America fits in my gas tank.

Reactions: 1 users

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
My nephew had to take one of their trucks to the dealer for service. He said they had a full-size battery school bus going to one of the more rural counties (undoubtedly some federal program). Guess how the heater works?, diesel. I didn't think to ask him if it was just a burner or an engine drive.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Love the 8 chargers--- NONE fit the car experience, sorry ! Makes me wonder if the guv will mandate that ALL guv funded charging stations MUST be compatible with ALL EVs ?? Heck it's YOUR tax dollars at work, would YOU be happy to pull up to YOUR funded charging station and NOT get a battery full of electrons ???

Reactions: 1 user