My Dentist of 30 years sent me a letter.........

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
I guess it all depends on the person. I've been in a few different parts of Texas. I don't remember any views like this one. I guess we are lucky we have a a lot of variety across the US.

Note: this is just a "normal" Winter view out one side of my deck.
We have plenty of pretty sunsets and views. I wouldn't leave Texas on that account.

Just a few from my front porch.

SS1.jpg
sunset_04_20_15.jpg
sunset_04_11_15.jpg
Sunrise_Feb_23.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
. So why does that matter? One may ask.

It matters because that 10 acre lot that a local ID farmboy or gas station attendant could buy for 20 grand and build a house and raise a family on...
Is now worth 250 grand! The locals are priced out of their own hometown.
But it was a LOCAL who sold to them at that price….heh?

Why don’t you get onto THEIR case..??

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
This is what we deal with over the winter

1706250329262.jpeg

To have all this spring, summer, and fall!

1706247519547.jpeg

1706249630225.jpeg

1706247712782.jpeg

1706248064270.jpeg

1706250277669.jpeg

1706249756461.jpeg

1706248481943.jpeg

Attachments

Reactions: 5 users

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
That’s a Good Lookin‘ Dog holdin’ down the trail!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
But it was a LOCAL who sold to them at that price….heh?

Why don’t you get onto THEIR case..??
Not really, a lot of power buyers came in and bought a lot of land for cheap then drove the price up, split large plots, then resold at inflated prices.

I bought my place for low $$,000 and now my place is $,$$$,000.
It's plumb crazy!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That’s a Good Lookin‘ Dog holdin’ down the trail!
That's TAY TAY, she's a doll!
Husky, Shepard, Timber Wolf
That was taken when she did her Starlink Commercial film shoot!

Vince1230

Equipment
Bx2370
May 13, 2022
Honey Grove,Pa
Spent time in Praire Montana this year and it was beautiful. Went in June so still snow in higher elevations but lived the area.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
When I moved to Montana in 2013 there weren't a lot of opportunities here for work, and that slowed the influx to mostly those retiring. With COVID and the move to remote work it opened the door to many. You can get a sense of who's moving into the area by the kind of vehicles you see. When I first got here there were few fancy cars and trucks on the roads, but now it looks like Los Angeles out there.

Another thing was that many wealthy people had second or third homes here with no need to rent them out through Airbnb or similar, and they'd only spend a few weeks here each year. That gave this area an underpopulated feel but that has changed. Many have invested in property up here and rent out their second homes because they're not as rich as they try to make out, and more than a few decided to move here permanently so it's definitely way more crowded here than it ever was. There has been a non-stop development initiative going on for the last 3 years and the infrastructure can't keep up.

10 years ago this are became crowded for a few months each summer, but now it's all year round. For those of us that like the small town feel and moved here for that reason, it's getting to be a real pain with so many moving here.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
When I moved to Montana in 2013 there weren't a lot of opportunities here for work, and that slowed the influx to mostly those retiring. With COVID and the move to remote work it opened the door to many. You can get a sense of who's moving into the area by the kind of vehicles you see. When I first got here there were few fancy cars and trucks on the roads, but now it looks like Los Angeles out there.

Another thing was that many wealthy people had second or third homes here with no need to rent them out through Airbnb or similar, and they'd only spend a few weeks here each year. That gave this area an underpopulated feel but that has changed. Many have invested in property up here and rent out their second homes because they're not as rich as they try to make out, and more than a few decided to move here permanently so it's definitely way more crowded here than it ever was. There has been a non-stop development initiative going on for the last 3 years and the infrastructure can't keep up.

10 years ago this are became crowded for a few months each summer, but now it's all year round. For those of us that like the small town feel and moved here for that reason, it's getting to be a real pain with so many moving here.
Yea Corvid changed the amount of and character of people around here ALOT!
And not for the better.
In the back of my mind I always hope a hard winter will send them packing, but it doesn't happen.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico

I’m guessing that you live near Kalispell or in Bitterroot Valley?

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
Glacier National Park is a great place to visit when in Montana. I really liked Montana during my summer visit. Sparsely populated of you like that. Lots of mosquitoes. I stayed at a ranch owned by my cousin who lives in Miami. They made a bunch of money ,bought the most beautiful ranch and spent years petitioning the locals to allow them to subdivide and develop the land. They wonder why everyone hates them. Thats in the northwest of Montana.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
Yea Corvid changed the amount of and character of people around here ALOT!
And not for the better.
In the back of my mind I always hope a hard winter will send them packing, but it doesn't happen.
Suggest to the newcomers to visit Glacier and wear some wild-berries as a necklace to enjoy birding hikes away from the crowds. Assure them that the NPS has removed all the bears except the friendly/cuddly ones.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Suggest to the newcomers to visit Glacier and wear some wild-berries as a necklace to enjoy birding hikes away from the crowds. Assure them that the NPS has removed all the bears except the friendly/cuddly ones.
That should do it. Or tell them that Grizzlies LOVE Pop-Tarts especially their 'Cubs', so keep some handy to feed them. :LOL:

Bear Cub.jpg

Reactions: 1 user