My brush guard

Dieselbob

Equipment
BX 2230, LA211 loader, 60â€￾ MMM, 2â€￾ wheel spacers, grille guard, gauges, bucket e
Nov 17, 2014
Fort Wayne IN
I built this brush guard and front hitch setup this fall. By removing the top pins, the guard folds down to remove the engine cowling. Truthfully, for the amount of time I had in building it, I could have justified BUYING the parts, but you don't learn anything or hone your skills doing it the "easy" way. :D

Attachments

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Dieselbob, it's much better then factory. You design it, think it through, build it, install it. It fits. Looks nice. Functions as you want it. You have the pride you did it, and build your self confidence to tackle bigger projects next time!

rob82

Equipment
2012 BX25
Jan 18, 2013
Monroe,NJ
Great idea with the quick release and looks good with better protection then the factory one.

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
Sweet looking job , better than store bought any day we've all done projects that cost us more than buying but buying doesn't build character .

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Sweet looking job , better than store bought any day we've all done projects that cost us more than buying but buying doesn't build character .
... or welding / fabrication skills, looks nice!

I've already got the guard on my L3200, came with it, but I like the concept of the front receiver hitch... might have to steal that idea. :p

Dieselbob

Equipment
BX 2230, LA211 loader, 60â€￾ MMM, 2â€￾ wheel spacers, grille guard, gauges, bucket e
Nov 17, 2014
Fort Wayne IN
That's fine, because I STOLE the idea from somebody else.;)

BLKSTi

Equipment
B7510DT
Nov 3, 2014
Earlysville, Va
Looks great. I'm wanting something like that myself. I lack a welder so it and many other things haven't happened yet.

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Looks great. I'm wanting something like that myself. I lack a welder so it and many other things haven't happened yet.
I don't know why they don't package a welder with the darned tractor. I think if I was a dealer I'd also be a welder distributor and offer a great package deal...

Of course, some folks would see that as a negative but that's why you have sales people right?

BLKSTi

Equipment
B7510DT
Nov 3, 2014
Earlysville, Va
Tractor and welder combo sounds good to me. Might as well throw plasma cutter, and blast cabinet too. A full fab package!

Dieselbob

Equipment
Nov 17, 2014
Fort Wayne IN
No, I cut all the pieces, layed it out on the floor, tacked it together and put it back on the tractor to test the fit. YES it was a pain in the butt anyway. IF I ever build another one of these, I would make up a wooden jig fixture to keep everything squared up. I HAD considered heating up the metal and trying to form it, but I ran out of oxygen for the torch and was too lazy to get more that weekend, so I just cut and welded everything.