mx5100 what implement is best for this?

djzander

Equipment
MX5100 4WD HST
Dec 6, 2016
Graysville Ohio USA
I'm going to be taking down a 2 story farm house built in 1910.
putting old walls, blocks/brick etc in a dumpster. i have a FEL on the MX5100.
What would be a good choice for a bucket for this task?
What would be a ballpark cost also?

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
While an excavator would do a great job the tractor will do fine if you keep it out of the junk.
Does you loader have a SSQA latch on the loader arms?
If it does you can get several different buckets.

A grapple bucket would probably work the best, you'll need a third function kit if you don't have one already.
Prices vary on equipment drastically, there is no one price point to look at.

djzander

Equipment
MX5100 4WD HST
Dec 6, 2016
Graysville Ohio USA
I'm not sure what a SSQA latch is. The bucket has the quick disconnect feature on it, 2 levers that lock it on. the owner i'm buying it from said he could put all his skid steel attachments on it so this must be a sort of universal standard mount. I doesn't have the third function valve. I actually am getting the tractor this Wednesday and know very little about it. I was looking at youtube videos of how to install the third function valve. Doesn't look that hard to do. I was thinking of a grapple type bucket also but am real green at this so wanted to see what more experienced guys would say.
As far as the flat tires, yea i could see that being a problem. Something with a track would make more sense from that stand point.
I know there rear tires are filled. Are tires on these mx tractors tubeless? I would assume so.
Sorry for all the dumb questions , this is all new to me.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I'm not sure what a SSQA latch is. The bucket has the quick disconnect feature on it, 2 levers that lock it on. the owner i'm buying it from said he could put all his skid steel attachments on it so this must be a sort of universal standard mount. I doesn't have the third function valve. I actually am getting the tractor this Wednesday and know very little about it. I was looking at youtube videos of how to install the third function valve. Doesn't look that hard to do. I was thinking of a grapple type bucket also but am real green at this so wanted to see what more experienced guys would say.
As far as the flat tires, yea i could see that being a problem. Something with a track would make more sense from that stand point.
I know there rear tires are filled. Are tires on these mx tractors tubeless? I would assume so.
Sorry for all the dumb questions , this is all new to me.
SSQA= Skid Steer Quick Attach
So yes you have an SSQA.
If you do any skid steer implements keep an eye on weight of the implements, as some are too heavy for good use on a tractor. ;)
If you want to make sure you will have no issues with flats get the tires foam filled (but it's very expensive), adds weight, traction and flat free.
Your rear tires are most likely filled with liquid and that will not stop holes or leaks, and yes most will not have a tubes in them.

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Since you're getting a machine you're not familiar with and you're wanting to demolish a 2 story house, it might be a lot safer for you to hire some one to knock the building down. Then you do the clean up with your tractor. Much less chance of you getting in an off balanced situation and get hurt and/or crunch your tractor.

boz1989

Equipment
B2910 fel 60 mmm, Land Pride rb1572
Jun 10, 2015
Portland, MI
Best tool? first thing that comes to mind is a match

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
boz1989, has a good idea! Sometimes the local fire dept. may accept your old house, depending on location of course, as a training exercise. Call the fire chief, may save you a lot of grief!!

Greenhead

Equipment
L4400, MX5100
Oct 13, 2014
Fond du Lac, WI
Here's a video to get you familiar to your new addition.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwZiMslo5Fc

Grapple seems to be the tool you need.

One other point, be sure to check with your dumpster dude to be sure brick/cement is allowed in the regular dumpster. In our state it has to collected separately to be recycled and not mixed with other construction debris (that's recycled too).
The dumpsters for brick/concrete are HD for that purpose and are usually smaller because of the weight involved.

Also it may be in your best interest to get 20-Yard dumpsters as they will have much lower sides than a 30-Yard. May be more costly but will be a lot safer and faster loading. Good luck!