Motorcycle riders, Step-in.

Orange Turbo

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5100, pto13000kw, Loader, Ripper,Plow,Disc,Mower,Forks,3pt spreader,Box Blade.
Feb 2, 2015
Mo
Been there done that! Its more suited for the sport bikes, The old gal I ride is a little less reactive, I was glad to be finish, I'll go another route if I'm ever around there again..........

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
1982 Yamaha XT550 (for sale)

1997 TriBota under construction. (1997 Triumph Tiger with D722 Kubota engine and CVT trans) My Avitar is a Triumph Tiger of same era

alansz400

Equipment
B7500. FEL, Piranha tooth bar, box scraper, post hole digger, 3 pt. bucket
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO
We rode the Dragon a bunch of years ago,, it scared the snot out of me,,,, not the road but the freekin on coming traffic on your side of the road !!!!!!:eek:
Last year in April traffic was real light. I made a few passes and figured I better get out before my luck ran out. There were a couple of older guys on sport bikes at the motel that spend a week there every year and only ride the Dragon. I enjoyed the other road in the area just as much. One night a guy lost his friend and we rode it in the dark. That was real wild. His buddy was at the other motel the whole time.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
You know as many people that get killed and scuffed up on that piece of highway every year, on 2wheels,, in cages and in trucks, you would think they would have made it one way but now. Though I keep hearing roomers that it was going to be closed.
By a new high way sometime in the future, but I have been hearing that for years. Another fun one was the new river gorge road,, you never knew what was coming the other way maybe nothing maybe a coal truck taking up all of the lane and a half dirt road with no guard rails ,,, fun times:D

blank102

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Feb 2, 2015
Mexifornia
We rode the Dragon a bunch of years ago,, it scared the snot out of me,,,, not the road but the freekin on coming traffic on your side of the road !!!!!!:eek:
Sounds like Highway 1 in mexifornia. I won't ride it anymore.

hikerduane

Equipment
B6100, FEL
Nov 17, 2014
Meadow Valley, CA
I've had different bikes over the years, first was Honda CL70, needed transportation back in the early '70's. I currently have a '09 Kawasaki KLR650, got it used with 780 miles on it about 2.5 years ago. Over 6,000 on it now. I got a '15 Yamaha WR250F now also, up to 43 miles on it as of two weeks ago. Been busy this Spring getting my mobile home remodeled, about done. I was out last weekend, close to Lassen Volcanic NP here in N. Kalifornia on the KLR.
Duane

Attachments

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I bet that old gal looks like an old pack mule when you get tent and all your gear loaded on her,,lol,, I kinda miss the days of havin a sleeping bag rolled up on the front forks and what ever else I needed in the bags,,,
One seems to forget the rain and fog and the morning you woke up, and every part of your body hurts cause you slept on a load of rocks and roots somebody stuck under your sleeping bag during the night,,:rolleyes:

But you remember the mornings when you wake and hear the birds and watch the sun coming up. That first cup of coffee made in the soup can from last nights supper, then kick the old pan and it starts on the second kick, right then you know its a wonderful day to be alive. :D

Though I love to camp, doing it on a bike any more becomes a real PIA. I don't bend like I use to, the ground is harder and the nights colder than they use to be, and now I have to have a coffee pot, stove, and pans, pots, air mattress, you know stuff and a tent.
The mind is willing,, but the body says :eek: WTF are you thinking,,,lol

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
10-4 skeets.. bikeing and camping in the Smokies one year, slept under a piece of plastic hanging on a rope. Got covered in chiggers with 200 miles to go to get home. Not a fun ride.

blank102

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Feb 2, 2015
Mexifornia
Last summer a car ran over my Triumph Bonneville. I was lucky and escaped with a bad knee scrape and a few impressive bruises.
So now I have a 2014 Speedmaster.

A.O.

Equipment
L3540HST LA724 FEL
Feb 6, 2015
South Carolina
Ahhh, nice thread here, just saw it figured I'd join in the fun... Been riding 42 years now, 1st bike was a 1956 BSA that I promptly blew the motor on. Then rode a bunch of different Hondas, Kawasaki's and the like.
Wife bought me a Harley Road king for my 50th birthday, traded that in a few years later on a new 2007 Road glide which I still ride to this day.

I'm also a nationally certified Motorcycle Safety Instructor with the MSF. Used to average about 15-18,000 miles a year, then we moved to colorado and in just a few years that dropped to 4-5000 what with all the parades and bicycle trash on the road there it gets very annoying to ride. Just recently moved back to the world in South Carolina and look for the mileage to go back up.

Interesting color don't you think?? :D

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com

New guy here.

Been riding since 1967, lost track of how many bikes I've had over the years, all Japanese of various brands sizes and configurations.

My all-time favorite was the 1974 Yamaha TX650A I bought new and kept for 10 years. Never owned any other bike for that long.

Spent a lot of years wishing I'd never sold that thing and 4 years ago I finally found a similar model, the 1979 XS650SF shown above. I went through it right after I got it and have been riding it regularly. This past winter I pulled the engine and went completely through it, not I'm just waiting on warm weather and clear roads!

alansz400

Equipment
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO
Well we made it home alive. 5 passes to the Dragon and 850 miles in 3 days on some great roads.

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Sounds like Highway 1 in mexifornia. I won't ride it anymore.
Naw, the 1 is a pussycat if you drive it right... I drive my Dakota and T@B trailer on the 1 any time we do Plaskett Creek or Big Sur... The issue on the 1 is all the Looky Lou's that are so taken by the scenery that they forget to drive anywhere close to the speed limit or that they are about to go around a hairpin corner that bends more than 180°. So yeah, you have to watch for dummies.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Many years ago, Kawasaki KX125 and KE125.

My college graduation present to myself, Yamaha 600 Fazer - did a 100mph 'bout EVERY time I got on it. My top was 140 or so.:eek:

Now, a 2005 Harley Superglide with FI, and some very loud pipes. (This is my reincarnation my '67 Chevy Caprice's Cherry Bomb header mufflers from when I was 16) :cool::cool::cool:

My Harley is now my 620 pound moped - seldom leave town - seldom get to 60mph. But damn, I do it loud, and love it!!!!!!!!! Skeets saw it all covered up in a picture 'while back - try to get it our more now!!! He's a ball buster!!:)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
AO I have one on Lil Red,, says BANNED FROM HTT ,, go figure,,lol
What is that Sun glow orange?

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Many years ago, Kawasaki KX125 and KE125.

My college graduation present to myself, Yamaha 600 Fazer - did a 100mph 'bout EVERY time I got on it. My top was 140 or so.:eek:

Now, a 2005 Harley Superglide with FI, and some very loud pipes. (This is my reincarnation my '67 Chevy Caprice's Cherry Bomb header mufflers from when I was 16) :cool::cool::cool:

My Harley is now my 620 pound moped - seldom leave town - seldom get to 60mph. But damn, I do it loud, and love it!!!!!!!!! Skeets saw it all covered up in a picture 'while back - try to get it our more now!!! He's a ball buster!!:)
I had a thunder header exhaust on my California custom with a stock 1340 s&s motor. Custom tail dragger fenders, with the tail light and turn signals molded into the back fender. And all crome. Had a racing clutch in it. And dropped the front pulley down one size for the belt drive to accommodate the new clutch. Bike accelerated like a stock Harley in first and second gear shifting into third at 40mph. Third gear was a whole different story :rolleyes: It would wrap the speedometer and burn it up in third :eek: We're talking 120 plus mph. Still had forth and fifth.:D Never dared to find out what the top speed was

Last edited:

alansz400

Equipment
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO
DR's with bigger tanks?

How big?
Yamaha WR250R and WR250X Fun little bikes. Light weight and fuel injected. They rev to the moon. The white tank is 4.7 gal. and the other bike has a 3.1 gal. IMS tank. I wanted the 3.1 gal. but found a deal on the 4.7. It is getting changed in a few weeks to a blue tank. I had a DR650 before I bought the WR. The WR is a much better bike.