Most terrifying moment on a tractor in years

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
'Cartels'......really? Domestic Cartels.

Care to provide a list (by name) of these supposed 'cartels' (Oil Producers and Refineries).

Inquiring minds want to know.

Good grief.........!
ever hear of OPEC?
Algeria, Angola, Congo, Ecuador, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, IR Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and Venezuela.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
ever hear of OPEC?
Algeria, Angola, Congo, Ecuador, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, IR Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and Venezuela.
Quite familiar with OPEC yes. My question concerned DOMESTIC Oil Producers/Refineries and the free market system.

Do you assert THEY are cartels?

There isn't a lot we can do about global influences or how they choose to do things in other countries.

Though misguided attempts have been made. Better hope 'NOPEC' never becomes law and is applied. We already have strained relations with the countries we depend on for imports.

XSpecBx

Equipment
B2601, Artillian Pallet Forks, Woodmaxx MX-8600, LP BB1248
Apr 3, 2022
Ledyard, CT
Correct. I didn't mean to infer that the entire pipeline was shut down, just the expansion. Quite possible the average person is not aware of that. Good clarification. (y)
Given your level of education on the subject, I figured you knew the difference, but many see the headline that the current administration shutdown the keystone XL pipeline and equate that the entire pipeline was cancelled not realizing that there has been a pipeline in operation already for a long time and that portions of the XL pipeline have been operating for years as well.

Most of this is due to people just reading the headline, not reading the actual story and doing any research of their own and some due to misleading news organizations (that is on both sides of the political spectrum).

Reactions: 1 user

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Given your level of education on the subject, I figured you knew the difference, but many see the headline that the current administration shutdown the keystone XL pipeline and equate that the entire pipeline was cancelled not realizing that there has been a pipeline in operation already for a long time and that portions of the XL pipeline have been operating for years as well.

Most of this is due to people just reading the headline, not reading the actual story and doing any research of their own and some due to misleading news organizations (that is on both sides of the political spectrum).

Spot on and and well said Sir. (y)

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
I'll try and get this post back on track even if I have to use my Ford tractor to do it.
While trying to dress up a neighbors trail my 7' box blade snagged a stump, and before I knew what happened I spun around with no where to go. Couldn't go forward, blade was hung, too many trees going down hill, couldn't back up. Finally got a neighbor with a crawler to pull me out. Took a few years off my life.
3AFC18D7-7694-4A3C-9673-7248FA535C0D-15443-00001C3DB1D33BDF_zps1c167bd3.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 9 users

Snowman7

Equipment
LX3310 535 loader, LX2980, RB2672, FDR1660
May 20, 2020
Boyne Falls, MI.
Internal meat temp to at least 160°F kills all parasites....but yes some do exist. Not an appetizing thought.
Does that mean you have to cook your loin and tenderloin 15 degrees more than the sweet spot(145)? Pork loin at 145 is still one of my favs and is still affordable, I think anyway, it has been a few months

Snowman7

Equipment
LX3310 535 loader, LX2980, RB2672, FDR1660
May 20, 2020
Boyne Falls, MI.
I'll try and get this post back on track even if I have to use my Ford tractor to do it.
While trying to dress up a neighbors trail my 7' box blade snagged a stump, and before I knew what happened I spun around with no where to go. Couldn't go forward, blade was hung, too many trees going down hill, couldn't back up. Finally got a neighbor with a crawler to pull me out. Took a few years off my life.
View attachment 82933
I bet, way to exciting for me!

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Does that mean you have to cook your loin and tenderloin 15 degrees more than the sweet spot(145)? Pork loin at 145 is still one of my favs and is still affordable, I think anyway, it has been a few months
You would be within the recommended 'window' of 145°-160°F to kill parasites. Personally, I want to be on the safe side, but you are right, 145°F is acceptable as well.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
The price of fuel.
Don’t overthink this one!
While buying ethanol-free for the lawnmower yesterday, I commented about gas going down to a guy filling his motorcycle. He said, "I paid $7.69 for premium in Chicago last week. $75 to fill up two bikes."

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Not only has there not been a 'major' (greenfield) refinery built in the U.S. since the late '70's.....we have LOST 5 in the last two years! So our 'ability' to produce fuels (gas, diesel, jet fuel) is hampered, leading to shortages (current and future). And THAT is something that has "recently occurred".
….
China is currently building 4 new large refineries....which when brought on line will likely make them the largest manufacturer of refined fuels worldwide. Just one more thing futures traders will have to consider.
…..
The Oil Industry has suffered the same set backs as any other business with respect to supply chains, man power, maintenance/repair and construction needs. But one major difference is that the current administration and Climate Control zealots have not vowed to put an end to them.
Your market analysis is incorrect, IMO.

The “Oil Industry” is making RECORD PROFITS right now. Read the News.

The U.S. (and the rest of the western world) is weaning itself OFF fossil fuels. In such a trend…How smart do you think it would be to be building new refineries to refine gasoline?

China is rapidly developing a consumer market with people able, willing, and who can AFFORD cars and home heating and such. Is it any wonder why they also are building refineries to produce fuel for those niceties. ?

Last edited:

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Bought regular gasoline for $3.75 today locally. Still too much, but a big reduction from last month.

58Ford

Equipment
BX23s, LA340, BT603, RCR1248, PFL1242, STB1072
Jan 1, 2022
SW Washington
^^ yep and those savings are immediately wiped out by the increasing costs EVERYWHERE else.

The caps are mine but the comment is Desantis’s. I agree with him. I paid $5.95 this morning for diesel and bought 60 gallons. Product gets moved in this country primarily by diesel. Till that drops keep grabbing your ankles.

Regardless, any decrease is positive but think about the effect of redestributing 10k barrels of our strategic oil reserve (paid for by US citizens) to our domestic market rather than selling it overseas (China). We are being fucked left, right and center and being told to be happy fuel prices have dropped 50c a gallon.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Bought regular gasoline for $3.75 today locally. Still too much, but a big reduction from last month.
Does 'Putin' get the credit for that? After all it was him that caused the price hike to begin with according to Joe. Surely HE brought the prices down too. :LOL:

Yes, the decrease (however small) is welcomed. But mark my words, they will be going right back up.

Ikc1990

Equipment
Kubota m125x, m9000, b2710, and other equiptment
Dec 2, 2020
Vermont
Price of fuel is up due to all the oil burned to run the mining sites to get the minerals for them there electric vehicles. And to deliver them. And run the oil power pants and diesel generators to charge them, And I bet there's no waiting to get a electric vehical like there is to order a gas or diesel one... only reason I think that is I have yet to hear any one bitching they had to pre order a prius or Tulsa. But I guess it all in who your friends are lol.

Botamon

Equipment
M7060HDC12, John Deere 2020 diesel
Mar 26, 2018
Winnemucca, Nevada
Price of fuel is up due to all the oil burned to run the mining sites to get the minerals for them there electric vehicles. And to deliver them. And run the oil power pants and diesel generators to charge them, And I bet there's no waiting to get a electric vehical like there is to order a gas or diesel one... only reason I think that is I have yet to hear any one bitching they had to pre order a prius or Tulsa. But I guess it all in who your friends are lol.
Drove across the western half of Wyoming on I-80 yesterday. Anyone who has driven that road knows that towns/exits are few and far between and the altitude runs 6500 - 7500 feet. Traffic moves around 85 mph (speed limit is 80). I passed 3 Teslas...each was doing only about 50 mph, no doubt to extend driving range, but definitely a traffic hazard with other vehicles going at least 30 mph faster.