mortgage company??

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Has any one had any dealings with carrington mortgage services?
Seems that my mortgage has been sold to them. Which I've had happen before, but always to a company I've heard of. Looked them up on line and they seem scary as hell :eek:

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
I consider myself fortunate, my wife works at the bank i deal with. So we get treated well.
I read some reviews about that mortgage company. I dont understand why these people can run what i see as unregulated.

If i was in your shoes, or sitting on your tractor, i would call my buddy the lawyer.
Good luck.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Your right that is one scary company, they have a ton of complaints.
Make sure you document everything you do with them. ;)

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Your right that is one scary company, they have a ton of complaints.
Make sure you document everything you do with them. ;)
I originally went with a local bank/mortgage broker that does ther own underwriting. Cut down on the bs drastically. They sold it to chase a week after closing. But since they are s broker, it's expected. Wife and I discussed it last night, any glitch or issue, and I'll call my mortgage broker and see about fast tracking a refinance

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I originally went with a local bank/mortgage broker that does ther own underwriting. Cut down on the bs drastically. They sold it to chase a week after closing. But since they are s broker, it's expected. Wife and I discussed it last night, any glitch or issue, and I'll call my mortgage broker and see about fast tracking a refinance
Biggest problem I have had with that type of situation, is they sometimes forget to PAY THE @#$#@$ ESCROW!!!!

You wake up one morning, after taxes haven't been paid - you read this nasty letter that they (town-county) are going to take your children and dog away cause you didn't pay the taxes.....

then you take time out of your day to call the mother fletchers, only to wait and wait, UNTIL you get a human, then you wait and wait, after 30 minutes of bull stuff you finally explain to the pin head (who has nothing to do with it really) that the taxes havent been paid! Of course after two heart attacks and a few strokes that beer cannot fix :) they say " oh, we'll fix it and pay the late charge too" sorrry !

Somewhere back in June, my taxes were late! SO I callled - got a human - told her to look on the screen and tell me WHEN my taxes SHOULD have been paid, SHE said to me (my wife was listening) "yes, we have a notice to pay on by the 5th" I asked when they sent the payment " we paid it on the 7th!" I about rolled onto the floor cause she didnt get it ! My wife was laughing her ars off at me as I explained in my church voice........so do you see why it is late ma'am - you sent it 2 days AFTER it was due? She finally saw a beam of sunshine and got right on it to fix....

damn for a minute there I was in the twilight zone!!!!

Here is the kicker - the BANKS want all this money UP front and the towns and counties do to - so the taxes WILL always be paid on time, the people that took out the loan cannot be trusted to make a payment on time! :D:):D

I hate big banks, there are so many more stories....but I have ranted enough now!:) Time to go to work and fuss at my kids!:D:D

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Only issue I had with chase, was actually the countys screw up. Got my yearly tax statement from the county and realized they didn't apply the homestead credit to my property.chase got the bill and didn't know any better and paid the full amount. So after fighting with the county, bringing them the stamped copy I had when they homesteaded my place, then had to notify chase that they over paid. I'll be damned if the county did the same thing the following year :mad:

Big issue I see with this new company is missing payments on the insurance. After having two tornados come by my house, one at 2/10ths of a mile, and this last one at 4/10ths of a mile, the last thing I want is for them to screw with my homeowners insurance :mad:

sawmill

Equipment
bx24 backhoe/fel, 48" Bush mower
Nov 16, 2014
ione, washington
Big issue I see with this new company is missing payments on the insurance. After having two tornados come by my house, one at 2/10ths of a mile, and this last one at 4/10ths of a mile, the last thing I want is for them to screw with my homeowners insurance :mad:[/QUOTE]

Deran, you need to move up here to God's country. We don't have a tornado
season. Actually, all we have is 2 seasons (winter and the 4th of July).:D

Benhameen

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3800 HST W/FEL and 1963 JD 2010 row crop utility
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
I don't have any first hand knowledge of this company but about ten years ago my mortgage was bought by a different large bank from the local bank I started with. It became a nightmare rather quickly, they gave me the run around while arguing over numerous petty things. I was persistent calling everyday, they would transfer me to someone new after a few minutes of me explaining the situation. Finally I started asking if they were in the same building as the last person I had talked too, in almost every case they would be in different states. They're good at wasting time as they're getting paid to do it, while most people don't have the time during the day for all the hassle.

I ended up refinancing thru another local bank and I'm still with them today. I understand the whole process of lenders making money on me/us borrowing it but I think the way mortgages are set up is crazy. Paying all the interest first then principle at the very end. What really gets me is the amount I refinanced was about the same as the cost of a new truck or fancy SUV, lets say $50,000. Now if I were to go and buy a new truck it would be set up on simple loan type of borrowing and not be worth anywhere near what I paid for it to start with. Mean while with a mortgage we end up paying double or more depending on the interest rate and normally the value will be close to or more than the original cost. Of course they have the money/power and we are just stuck paying the interest. I say that but I had a number of huge life changes in 2014, and with out revealing to much personal info. Ill be paying off my mortgage within the next few weeks, so no more interest payments for me!!!

Good luck with your new bank.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Big issue I see with this new company is missing payments on the insurance. After having two tornados come by my house, one at 2/10ths of a mile, and this last one at 4/10ths of a mile, the last thing I want is for them to screw with my homeowners insurance :mad:
season. Actually, all we have is 2 seasons (winter and the 4th of July).:D[/QUOTE]

I can say from experience that you folks up there take the fourth of july very seriously :D Spent a week in seattle about 18 years ago. Cousin picked me up at the airport proceeded to take me to some dive bar for a promotion her boy friend (the local beer salesman) was doing :rolleyes: shots started flying, got my pic taken with the beer girls :D then it was down hill from there :eek: spent a couple days on whidbey island for a block party complete with themed home made raft race. Partied with the hells angels on taco thursday at the indian reservation. Had about 30 of them hooting and hollering around us while my other cousin was touching off the flame throwers on his 1950 mercury sport sedan :cool: I'm pretty sure my drunk, had a really good drunk going on that week :eek: Not to mention seeing some girl get lambasted by a flying tuna at pikes market :D

sawmill

Equipment
Nov 16, 2014
ione, washington
season. Actually, all we have is 2 seasons (winter and the 4th of July).:D
I can say from experience that you folks up there take the fourth of july very seriously :D Spent a week in seattle about 18 years ago. Cousin picked me up at the airport proceeded to take me to some dive bar for a promotion her boy friend (the local beer salesman) was doing :rolleyes: shots started flying, got my pic taken with the beer girls :D then it was down hill from there :eek: spent a couple days on whidbey island for a block party complete with themed home made raft race. Partied with the hells angels on taco thursday at the indian reservation. Had about 30 of them hooting and hollering around us while my other cousin was touching off the flame throwers on his 1950 mercury sport sedan :cool: I'm pretty sure my drunk, had a really good drunk going on that week :eek: Not to mention seeing some girl get lambasted by a flying tuna at pikes market :D[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you had a pretty wild time. I don't think I could stand that much fun
nowadays.:D

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Sounds like you had a pretty wild time. I don't think I could stand that much fun
nowadays.:D[/QUOTE]

I cant handle it anymore either ;) that was crap when I was young and foolish. I'll get half way through a beer now and fall asleep in my chair :rolleyes:

sawmill

Equipment
Nov 16, 2014
ione, washington
nowadays.:D
I cant handle it anymore either ;) that was crap when I was young and foolish. I'll get half way through a beer now and fall asleep in my chair :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I had to quit drinking about 25 years ago. Started getting alcahol poisoning.
The last time I thought I was gonna die. Haven't touched a drop since.
Probably the best thing ever happened.

andmel

Equipment
L2850 / L3901 LB / G1800
Dec 17, 2014
concord, VA, USA
Now's an awesome time to refinance as I understand it. Coworker of mine just locked in at 3.2%!!

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Waiting on some more refinance offers to come in from a company I recognize that will pay the closing costs :D you can get as low as 2% if you refinance for 15 years instead of twenty plus years.

Could be worse. My coworker had his mortgage bought by a collection agency :rolleyes: He said that was miserable, and they kept harrassing him to pay an extra 200$ per month for insurance on the mortgage to protect the collection agency's assets. :confused: They can pay for there own damn insurance!!!