Mortality Rate

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Looking at a thread tonight I noticed a "new member", but when I checked his name he joined and didn't stay around very long. I was wondering how often this happens.
Joined Oct 27, 2022
Last seen Jan 7, 2023

Then I come upon Deleted Member
Deleted member 47704

Have that many members been deleted or is that the deleted member's zip code? 47704, Evansville, IN

Just hope that I don't become the next deleted member for asking questions!

trial and error

Equipment
B7100dt manual trans. homemade FEL, 4 way hydraulic dozer blade
Feb 16, 2023
NY
Looking at a thread tonight I noticed a "new member", but when I checked his name he joined and didn't stay around very long. I was wondering how often this happens.
Joined Oct 27, 2022
Last seen Jan 7, 2023

Then I come upon Deleted Member
Deleted member 47704

Have that many members been deleted or is that the deleted member's zip code? 47704, Evansville, IN

Just hope that I don't become the next deleted member for asking questions!
Lol, 47704 sounds like the # of missing people that knew anything about the Clinton's dirty little secrets
Now, hopefully I don't get deleted 😅

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
When I saw the title, my first thought was that the mortality rate has been 100% as long as records have been kept. :)

Many new members find the site, ask a question and disappear.

Reactions: 3 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
That how many Spam Accounts were able to open... I'm sure there is a small number of members that just deserved to be deleted for one reason or another. But mainly it's spammers accounts.
I read some of the person's posts, and they were not a spammer by any stretch of the imagination. Possible that they pissed in the wrong person's corn flakes? I don't know.

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
I do this on some boards for specific reasons.
eg: wifes Chevy Traverse will have a specific problem, I join to get info and answers, get it solved and never return for years until maybe another problem shows up, loll.
I mean, who would want to hang out in a chevy traverse forum all the time??

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I do this on some boards for specific reasons.
eg: wifes Chevy Traverse will have a specific problem, I join to get info and answers, get it solved and never return for years until maybe another problem shows up, loll.
I mean, who would want to hang out in a chevy traverse forum all the time??
If I gave my wife a Traverse, she would divorce me!

Reactions: 1 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I’ve only been here about 3 years. Like any forum many get what they need and leave. I’m on a Mule forum like that. Joined there and here about the same time. I’ve posted maybe 3 times there and rarely visit.

Haven’t noticed many banned or deleted other than a few obvious bots, scammers, and spammers (not many of those).

Flip got banned but not exactly deleted.

NHSleddog: Don’t know where he went. Kind of got the impression he might have just moved on.

Some guy, don’t recall his name but remember he started off poorly by choosing a pic of a female derrière “clad” in a thong as his avatar; him and some other user that joined at the same time got truly deleted pretty quickly for their Dumb & Dumber routine.

Some regulars here are old enough when they disappear sometimes I kind of wonder if they checked out from the forum or checked out permanently from everything.

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Some regulars here are old enough when they disappear sometimes I kind of wonder if they checked out from the forum or checked out permanently from everything.
This is my exact reason for this thread!

Reactions: 1 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If memory serves me correctly there is only one member in my life here on the forum that has been deleted.
That member said and did things that were over and above and way beyond the fine honor of a simple ban.
It reserved for the truly deserving of being " Forum Executed"! ;)

Dusty Rusty, to earn a ban from me you really need to work for it! :sneaky:

Reactions: 1 user