Mopar guys

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
OK.. today I went to change oil in the OL's 03 Durango with a 5.9. Opend the hood to find one big ass mouse nest on the intake manifold on the passanger side, SHOP VAAAAAAC,, cool all gone but I found what appeared to be some sort of a vacuum fitting into the side of the manifold. What ever was on it the mice chewed off, theres no hose that I can find, just open fitting. So I am wondering if there was a cap on the fitting and it is for some option that she didn't get,, cant be to freekin many,, But does any one know if that fitting is capped, I cant believe it would be left open?

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I am sure that it is an emissions line, and not something capped off. Have you run it? It should run ok, but you will probably get a check engine light. Know anybody with a Durango or Dakota, to compare it to?

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Sounds like ya wife needs to drive her whip a little more and not let mice build nests in there. But it does make for a good use of a Dodge, animal shelter!

bosshogg

Equipment
2004 L3400F w/ FEL
Aug 16, 2012
Hartford, SD, USA
I used to have mice pack dog food into the wifes air cleaner. You might have sucked up the nest but you need to catch the mouse or she will be back.

Kubota Newbie

Equipment
M4500, New Idea Cut-Ditioner, JD 14T Baler, IH "Plow Chief" plows, Oliver Rake
Dec 28, 2010
Mount Vernon, Ohio
One spring I started my motorcycle to discover shelled corn raining down all over the garage floor. They had filled the entire top frame with kernels, from a corn storage area over 150 feet away! Wish I had their determination and energy.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I once found a boa constrictor (a young one- it wasn't real big) inside the engine shroud of a 4 cylinder wisconsin engine. It was on a well drilling rig down in Haiti, and the snake had gone in there to get warm, I guess. It came out quick when we started it up, though. The Haitians weren't too happy- they do not like snakes.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well I found out that 5.9 has 2 vacume ports for the vacume assist for the breaks, but only one is used the one on the passanger side so I spent a whole 1.90 and got the right cap and its running fine,,,so far,,lol,,

And hodge I remember I went out on an electrical inspection one time late in the fall, and in the substation switch house there was a bang and the station went down and so did the whole mine,, turned out a big old black snake came in to get warm and when we came in he moved and went phase to phase to phase,,, really all we found was his head and tail everything between just vaporised,,, 25 kv will do that,,lol