Mobil 1 Racing, 0W-30, $11.98 quart...

mattwithcats

Jun 17, 2017
Virginia
Mobil 1 Racing 0W-30, $11.98 a quart, Wal-Mart...
Normal is around $20-$25...

With twice the normal additive levels, there is no way I would run this oil straight.

But as an additive booster, and a viscosity improver, a quarter (8 ounces) to half (16 ounces) a quart should give your current oil a nice kick in the pants.

If you have a non DPF tractor, and are running CK oil, you may give this some thought...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mobil-1-Racing-Synthetic-Motor-Oil-0W30-1-Quart/55502854

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I'm in WM about 3 times a year, and one of those was this morning.

Saw Mobile-1 0w-20 was $25/5 quart jug.

Bought a '17 Silverado last year. 6th one in a row I've had.

Usually have oil changes done at a shop. Much easier for them to rotate tires.

But holding 8 quarts now, it's getting a little pricey.....

JeffL

Equipment
B7200E, B4200DT
Jan 8, 2016
North Central Ar.
The M1 racing oil has zinc at the levels of the old oils. Zink was removed because it fowled catalytic converters. This would be a good oil to run in our old flat tapped engines with out dilution. IF it has a diesel rating.

Wolf515

Equipment
BX1870
Apr 12, 2017
North East, PA
Racing oil is actually a category of oil. Much like conventional, semi synthetic, full synthetic, racing would be the 4th type. As JeffL pointed out it has much higher zinc content.

The M1 racing oil has zinc at the levels of the old oils. Zink was removed because it fowled catalytic converters. This would be a good oil to run in our old flat tapped engines with out dilution. IF it has a diesel rating.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Racing oil is actually a category of oil. Much like conventional, semi synthetic, full synthetic, racing would be the 4th type. As JeffL pointed out it has much higher zinc content.
Wolf - great point,

And all that is great stuff too - but here is the problem with "oil", oil needs to be used as the car/truck/tractor is used......what works for one is not necessary the right oil for the other.

If you are racing or placing that engine in extreme situations....then get that oil!

Those racing oils have a lot of other stuff in them, basically to stay healthy when oil temps get way the hell up there, like 300-400 F - and when RPMS get up in the 7,8,9 K range.

Placing a racing oil in a daily driver really does not help, matter of fact, it will go backwards - those additives like Zinc are there only as a benefit to those that are going to push that engine to a the limits and harm all the other parts of the car/truck/tractor.

Racing oil is basically - give me all you got right now, in a few hours, I am gonna throw you away!!!

here is a great article on Racing oil vs street oil.

http://www.enginelabs.com/engine-tech/racing-oil-vs-street-oil-know-the-differences/

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Now now now be nice,,the way it was written I thought the same thing,,lol,,, but us Silverado guys love them, and FYI I have been running M1 15w50 oil in the HD since the first oil change, best thing since sliced bread