Mid-mount Mower pin up LX2610

Tucker88

Equipment
Kubota Lx
Oct 27, 2020
NH
Is there a way to Pin the mid mount mower up on the lx2610 so I can use the 3 point without dropping the mower? I know there is a bracket for the mid mount arms so they don't hang once the mower is off the tractor but I don't think they work while the mower is on.

What is everyone doing for this?

60" midmount mower

Reactions: 1 user

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Do you have a height adjustment knob? If you set that knob to the highest number the mower will stay at that height when you lower the 3pt.

• Angry

Tucker88

Equipment
Kubota Lx
Oct 27, 2020
NH
Do you have a height adjustment knob? If you set that knob to the highest number the mower will stay at that height when you lower the 3pt.
Yes. I believe I tried that and it locked the whole 3 point and mid mount out. I will look again and see if it is operator error. I have only had it for a few days.
Thanks for the reply.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Yes. I believe I tried that and it locked the whole 3 point and mid mount out. I will look again and see if it is operator error. I have only had it for a few days.
Thanks for the reply.
That height adjustment knob on mine will restrict the 3pt movement downward when the knob is placed on any number other than 0, but it still allows for some 3pt downward movement depending what number I have it set on. I don't know if your model works the same as mine but it is worth a try to see what you get.

Tucker88

Equipment
Kubota Lx
Oct 27, 2020
NH
That height adjustment knob on mine will restrict the 3pt movement downward when the knob is placed on any number other than 0, but it still allows for some 3pt downward movement depending what number I have it set on. I don't know if your model works the same as mine but it is worth a try to see what you get.
I will give it a go. It’s probably something I’m doing wrong

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Like the B2650/3350, the LX2610/3310 use terrain following MMMs.

There is no height adjust knob.

SDT

Reactions: 1 users

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Is there a way to Pin the mid mount mower up on the lx2610 so I can use the 3 point without dropping the mower? I know there is a bracket for the mid mount arms so they don't hang once the mower is off the tractor but I don't think they work while the mower is on.

What is everyone doing for this?

60" midmount mower
Yes.

Instructions are in the mower (not tractor) Operator's Manual.

SDT

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Like the B2650/3350, the LX2610/3310 use terrain following MMMs.

There is no height adjust knob.

SDT
Thank you. I learned something today.

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
There is a way to pin up the deck to use the 3 point hitch. I haven't tried it on mine yet but here is a video for the very similar B2650 that I found on YouTube.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
I’ve used it on my B1800 and it works well keeping it from dropping down. If I’m gonna use the rear 3pt, I’m pulling the deck off. Pain but it keeps it from getting banged up and making a mess. That being said, the deck rarely comes off. Paved surfaces are at a premium here and fighting that deck on gravel sucks

19thSF

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, loader, MMM, pallet forks, tooth bar, rear blade, JD 318 w/plow, JD X350
Mar 1, 2020
Glendale, Rhode Island
I have used the MMM deck "lockup" clevis pins on my B2650 with a the 60 MMM, and it worked as it should, preventing the MMM from moving down when the three point is lowered. Just guessing, but I would think that you would use the same pins. Mine are a stock number 75599-51525. I had to buy them, because I had put them away for "safe keeping" , and you can guess the rest of the story.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
There is a way to pin up the deck to use the 3 point hitch. I haven't tried it on mine yet but here is a video for the very similar B2650 that I found on YouTube.

Same setup to lock the deck on a LX2610. Got the proper bolts from my dealer when the tractor was delivered.

ROBERTSONCHRIS85

Equipment
KUBOTA
Sep 16, 2021
TX
I am having the Same issue mine wont pin up. a bracket on the mower is hitting the frame leaving it about 1" short to be able to pin it up.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I am having the Same issue mine wont pin up. a bracket on the mower is hitting the frame leaving it about 1" short to be able to pin it up.
Works as intended on my B3350 but did not as delivered.

Something is not right with your installation.

SDT

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
On my LX2610 they did not line up as delivered. Resetup the mower deck and adjusted as needed(way off). Also drilled out the brackets and mower mounts about 1/32 of an inch, and went with a slightly smaller clevis pin for easy installation/removal. HTH's

DaveD

Equipment
B1700 HST 1996, LP grading scraper & box scraper, Bush Hog SQ60 & aerator
Jun 30, 2021
Central Virginia
I've been pinning up the belly mower on my B1700 now for 24 years, but wear and tear on the mower brackets has caused misalignment of the pin holes several times, so I had to make some adjustments to the adjustment directions in the owner's manual to make it all line up again. Specifically, as the front link and the brackets it attaches to wear, the correct length as pointed out in the manual doesn't work any longer. So the right adjustment is to adjust this link in combination with the rear lift rods until it all lines up correctly. with the mower touching or almost touching the underside of the tractor at the pin location. When done properly, no jack is needed to get the pins in and out; they slide easily, with just a bit of grease and perhaps a gentle up and down shaking of the deck to help them along.

The pins shipped with my 1996 vintage tractor were atrociously difficult to secure, as they were clevis pins with spring R-clips securing them on the inside. I found some longer pins with spring loaded detent balls near a tapered end and a ring connected to the outer end; I attached a looped nylon cord around the ring and they easily pop in and out now.

jrsavoie

Equipment
2022 LX2610, 1963 JD4010, 1975 Ford backhoe, 1996 Toro 223D, 1999 Toro Groun325D
May 3, 2011
Clifton, Illinois
Has anybody pinned the deck up and used the tractor much that way?
It looks to me like all the weight hanging off the rear would cause the brackets on the front to bend after a little bouncing with the deck pinned up.
When I originally purchased the deck, they said it could also be pinned in the rear, but nobody did it because it was even more of a pain than pinning the front. They recanted yesterday.

Is there a way to pin the rear, so all the weight isn't hanging off the front?

Has anybody else had issues with the orange bracket on the left side of the 3 point bending?

Ours has bent 2 or 3 times.

They replaced it the first time.

We just got it back and the first thing I noticed was the piece was bent again or still bent, depending on if they changed it again.

Does anyone know why that piece would be bending?

We have not used the machine yet. I didn't want them saying we bent the piece.

Somebody said the part was problematic but didn't elaborate.
Thanks

Attachments

jrsavoie

Equipment
2022 LX2610, 1963 JD4010, 1975 Ford backhoe, 1996 Toro 223D, 1999 Toro Groun325D
May 3, 2011
Clifton, Illinois

Is there a video on installing and removing the deck?

Apparently I could use a tutorial.