Metalheads of OTT 🤘

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
😍😍😍

Light the torch - yes. That explains why they sound so familiar.

I forgot about these:

These dudes were always on Viva La Bam if I remember correctly

Asking Alexandria 👍

edit: I listen to in flames too! And Mudvayne of course!!!🤘🤘🤘

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Strange the fascination with the Devil and death music or just the subject in general! I could remember when Running with the Devil by Van Halen was frowned upon by many.....what a great song!

When my two girls were very young my Dad gave them an old stereo 8 track player. The kids didnt know albums and 8 tracks so I pulled out some of my old 8 tracks to play with. The kids thought this stuff was ancient! Within a few months my oldest came to me and said, Dad.. I heard some of that music on the radio today! She was amazed! I told her to listen carefully, most of that music is still being played! :cool: Even today!

I listened to Cheap Trick, Van Halen, Eagles, Kiss, Ozzy, Bachman Turner Overdrive, Kinks, Joan Jett (Hung out with her first Bassist a few times just around 3 years ago local guy), Boston, Kansas, Metalica, Rush and many many more! Songs you could understand the words and sing along!

Concerts...I only did a few. Bad experience in a crowd of nearly 80,000 people standing in JFK's field. Super hot day, all fkd up. Thats when you could bring a gallon of Gin and tonic and a couple big fatties in the concert! They were hosing down the crowd with fire hoses. It was the Kinks, Joan Jett , Lover Boy, and Foreigner. Lines of 50 people at every bathroom! Kids were just peeing on the ground in the hall ways. If you made it in the bathroom they were using the sinks! We lost a few that day that never returned to the bus!

Then there was what I called the Kingston Armory massacre! Blue Oyster Cult was playing with some tickets being sold at the door. Well, no tickets were sold at the door which caused a riot. I saw kids tipping cars over and cops beating kids with billy clubs! Me and my friend nicely asked 3 different groups of police if we could go in and we showed we had tickets. They let us in just in time to see Godzilla and the drummer was wearing the Godzilla head! Lots of good smells in that concert for sure! Man those were the days! I have hearing loss to this day!

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Her you go. Future SIL's band! He's the bassist jumping all over the place. You cant judge people without knowing them. He's a good guy, He's a teacher of Physics believe it or not. 4.0 average at the University! This music is just not for me, but it does kind of make me get goose bumps! LOL! Enjoy Metal Heads!:p

They just made an album!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Asking Alexandria 👍

edit: I listen to in flames too! And Mudvayne of course!!!🤘🤘🤘
I really like their first couple of albums. Once they had a falling out a few years back and their lead vocalist went solo and then later reunited, the sound hasn't been exactly the same.
Strange the fascination with the Devil and death music or just the subject in general! I could remember when Running with the Devil by Van Halen was frowned upon by many.....what a great song!

When my two girls were very young my Dad gave them an old stereo 8 track player. The kids didnt know albums and 8 tracks so I pulled out some of my old 8 tracks to play with. The kids thought this stuff was ancient! Within a few months my oldest came to me and said, Dad.. I heard some of that music on the radio today! She was amazed! I told her to listen carefully, most of that music is still being played! :cool: Even today!

I listened to Cheap Trick, Van Halen, Eagles, Kiss, Ozzy, Bachman Turner Overdrive, Kinks, Joan Jett (Hung out with her first Bassist a few times just around 3 years ago local guy), Boston, Kansas, Metalica, Rush and many many more! Songs you could understand the words and sing along!

Concerts...I only did a few. Bad experience in a crowd of nearly 80,000 people standing in JFK's field. Super hot day, all fkd up. Thats when you could bring a gallon of Gin and tonic and a couple big fatties in the concert! They were hosing down the crowd with fire hoses. It was the Kinks, Joan Jett , Lover Boy, and Foreigner. Lines of 50 people at every bathroom! Kids were just peeing on the ground in the hall ways. If you made it in the bathroom they were using the sinks! We lost a few that day that never returned to the bus!

Then there was what I called the Kingston Armory massacre! Blue Oyster Cult was playing with some tickets being sold at the door. Well, no tickets were sold at the door which caused a riot. I saw kids tipping cars over and cops beating kids with billy clubs! Me and my friend nicely asked 3 different groups of police if we could go in and we showed we had tickets. They let us in just in time to see Godzilla and the drummer was wearing the Godzilla head! Lots of good smells in that concert for sure! Man those were the days! I have hearing loss to this day!
The best smells I ever smelled were at a CCR concert I got invited to, caught a hell of a buzz just standing around. Lot of friendly folks there lol.

I'm familiar with or have heard most of those bands (still don't occasion when I visit the in-laws). My folks listen to terrible music, so I try my best to forget what they have playing 😂

I think the music originated with satanic references and occult references because it was controversial. Most newer metal doesn't have a lot of it in there, but if they do, it's most likely there to leave that connection to past metal or to continue to remain controversial. I don't typically gravitate towards music with that being the primary focus, but I also don't notice it much either because it has no impact on my belief system. Hell, every genre of music at some point was directly or indirectly associated with satanism and occult going back as far as blues and the like (most likely nationalist types getting offended by it's originators being people of color and calling it devil music) but I'm sure this mindset predated blues as well. I think these metal bands enjoy stirring the pot and offending the easily offended more than anything lol (see example in post #20).

Your SIL's band sounds great - added them to my streaming playlist.

Reactions: 1 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
If I got this right, was the official song of motocross 2010 or so.

Lead guitar was one of my best friends in high school and college roommate. At 16, I learned Smoke on the Water in his basement on the bass and drums....

Was a lead singer in several bands worldwide.

Ten Man Push - In The Dirt - YouTube

Last edited:

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
I've heard down and put before, I like the mix of violin and guitar.
If I got this right, was the official song of motocross 2010 or so.

Lead guitar was one of my best friends in high school and college roommate. At 16, I learned Smoke on the Water in his basement on the bass and drums....

Was a lead singer in several bands worldwide.

Ten Man Push - In The Dirt - YouTube
That's catchy, also sounds familiar.

Here's a few classics from the same era

0xACE

Equipment
BX1500, BX23S
Jul 16, 2022
Maine
No videos to post but I did spend Friday night at Fenway Park in Boston with Joan Jett, Poison, Def Leppard, and Motley Crue. A bit old school for what I've seen here thus far.

IMG_0661.JPG

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan

Been busy, need to share more 😁

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
One of the first bands I listened to. Every album sounds a little different and I like every one. Their drummer is awesome and vocals are on point.

If I could go see a band live today, it'd be Trivium.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
More Hellyeah just because 👍

Chad (Mudvayne) started out in Peoria,IL, not far from where I grew up. Have always had a connection with his lyrics.

• Love