Mahindra Roxor (Jeep)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
So is this a side by side off road, or a road machine?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
They won't because they don't meet safety standards. :(
They would make a fun trail model!

car compulsive

Jun 25, 2015
MI
It's being build in Auburn Hills, MI and is strictly an off-road vehicle. Mahindra hopes to use this avenue to break into the on-road market in the US. According to an article I saw recently (but can't find right now), Mahindra will eventually offer a huge number of factory options, colors, interiors, etc.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Having worked with their tractors briefly, I'm not sure I'd ever want to "trust" an "off-road" vehicle built by them either. The tractors-while they "look" ok, are garbage and, at least in this area, have ZERO product support, so when (not if) something goes haywire, parts have to come from Timbuktu. That's in India, right?

I won't soon forget that old 50hp Mahindra tractor I was stuck working on. The transmission case was broken. Right where the bellhousing "bells" out from the front case. The material it was made from reminded me of the absolute cheapeset paper thin cast iron I'd seen that came out of the chinese "iron" factory. I couldn't believe it. It wasn't particularly hard to work on but the thickness of the material and also it's brittleness were amazing. How'd the rest of it stay together? Guy fixed it, and traded it off ASAP. It went to Missouri the last I heard, thank goodness. Hope I never see any more of them.

....And...some may or may not know it, but Mahindra is backing Intimidator UTV and Spartan mower as well. That's the only reason they're still going, IMO.

Might be different experiences elsewhere but mine have been really negative.

Leave it to an offshore company to build an almost exact copy of something that Americans built. Speaks volumes in itself. You mean they couldn't come up with something original??

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I had a ‘79 CJ7, which was a funky amalgamation in its own right, but fun!
Reminds me of that, but from Mahindra?!?
I think not....[emoji12].

This was part of my commute to college many years ago; probably part of our farm on town road:

o

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
thats really about where they are at.... still 50 years behind us..

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 w/loader, finish mower, tiller, auger, rake. BX24 w/loader, backhoe
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
thats really about where they are at.... still 50 years behind us..
This made me think.
What some of the countries do is just copy things without the engineering and innovation.
Which reminded me of a documentary on the B-29 bomber. The Russians got a hold of an early model and replicated it and did such a good job it had the same design flaws as the original model copied. By the time they had completed their copy and put it in production the U.S. was already on model "C" or "D" with the necessary design changes.
Which brings me to a thread started by Ridger about wanting to learn how to weld.
Go to school and learn how to weld. Don't make copies. ;)