Made floor mats for my L4701

jbbepic

Jan 11, 2017
Pittsburgh
I made some floor mats for the tractor. Still need to make the piece for the center. I unbolted the floor of Tractor but couldn't get the floor off of machine. The 4 wheel drive shifter was not letting me get past it. There has to be a trick to it somehow. So I used smallest drywall toggle bolts to mount the mat. It seemed to work well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Utopia Texas

Equipment
Kubota B2650/Kubota L6060
Jun 14, 2017
Brookshire & Cat Spring, Texas
My family thinks I am crazy but since both my tractors have cabs and I drive bare footed I make floor patterns out of paper and then cut nice carpet for the floors, cup holders etc. :)

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
My family thinks I am crazy but since both my tractors have cabs and I drive bare footed I make floor patterns out of paper and then cut nice carpet for the floors, cup holders etc. :)
Never heard of such a thing. Drive barefoot? You must go in there and nap. I'd like you to come with me one day barefoot!!:D

jbbepic

Jan 11, 2017
Pittsburgh
That's funny driving barefoot! I had actually found a roll of this rubber that was used for the garage floor for snow mobiles . I had purchased a camp years ago and it was here in the garage . Lucky for me! And yes , Why didn't it come with the mats ? I think it should have, but I guess that's why it's an L model not a grand series. Would have saved me a lot of thinking.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I wonder if the Grand L floor mats fit the L series for those not wanting to try cutting thick rubber with an exacto knife? On mine the bottom of the mat has rubber knobs that pop into holes like you show on the middle part of your tractor. Makes it easy to pull off and clean under it, so there would be some advantage if they didn't charge your first born child for them.

mbu

Aug 28, 2016
United States
Is it really a good idea to put floor mats on an open station tractor? Maybe if magnetic tape was used to hold the mats such that they could be removed might make it a little more plausible - but screws??

Last edited:

jbbepic

Jan 11, 2017
Pittsburgh
MBU. I used lag bolts and the current holes in the floor board, so no drilling needed. I would be curious to see if magnets would hold . That may be also be the way to go if it does hold . Thanks for the idea.

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
I made one for my L4600 but did not secure it in place so I could remove it easily. It fits tight enough around the pedals to hold it in place.

I also made a small one for my step and I did secure it with a couple of small bolts.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
I made one for my L4600 but did not secure it in place so I could remove it easily. It fits tight enough around the pedals to hold it in place.

I also made a small one for my step and I did secure it with a couple of small bolts.
What did you use to make the mat and where did you get it? I have been looking for something like that to make one for my L3901DT.

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
What did you use to make the mat and where did you get it? I have been looking for something like that to make one for my L3901DT.
It is an old anti fatigue mat we had at work. They were throwing away hundreds of feet of them so I carried some home.

I made a template out of thin cardboard which was easy to cut then traced onto the mat with a silver marker. Then used a sharp utility knife to cut out mat.

jbbepic

Jan 11, 2017
Pittsburgh
I like it creature meadow! It doesn't appear you have a big hump in the middle of floor like mine? Unless it just appears that way. Good job!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
mdhughes, I was at Menard's yesterday, and they had several products in their flooring section that looked like they'd be good for this project.

If you don't have Menard's down there, probably any big box home supply store would have something similar.

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Is it really a good idea to put floor mats on an open station tractor? Maybe if magnetic tape was used to hold the mats such that they could be removed might make it a little more plausible - but screws??
The mat on my open station does not move stays in place but can be removed easily to wash and clean under it.

It protects the paint and provides a slip free surface which is a most with my 2 year old on and off and me dismounting holding her after she falls asleep riding with me 2 or 3 times a week.

Bought tractor used and after cleaning the mat was the first thing I added.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
mdhughes, I was at Menard's yesterday, and they had several products in their flooring section that looked like they'd be good for this project.

If you don't have Menard's down there, probably any big box home supply store would have something similar.
Thanks for the heads up, I have to go to Menards to pick up some remesh and I will stop in the flooring section to look.

majorwager

Equipment
MX5100 FEL ford 1620 FEL International 484 FEL Lull 844C
Re: example floor mats for YOUR L4701

Agrital floor mat application. Mine is a MX which is same open station dimentions as your tractor. Photos included if they upload Good luck. Their application is loose laid, no fasterens,

Last edited: