M7070 extra wire ends???

Hkb82

Equipment
M7060, Ford 5600, can-am defender
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
Wondering if anybody knows what or where these wires run to. I’ve tried testing with every light switch on and zero power to the wires. I’m looking to add some extra lights to front and back and thought I could leave the stock ones and use these wires. I’ve seen a few post about it but never finished or answered. Thanks

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

Hkb82

Equipment
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
All my work lights are only powered with key on and yup I checked with hazards. Im wondering if they are just tucked inside the console with the other lights and not hooked up to any power?

1badDart

Sep 7, 2021
W. KY.
My M6060 has extra wires on the ROPS posts that are only powered when the key is on. They’re not ran from the headlight or work light switches. BTW, they have the same barrel connectors as the ones in the photos.

Hkb82

Equipment
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
Are their wires on both sides of the rops or just one? I’m thinking yours might be for a strobe of its not on a switch and has constant power. I have them on both sides of the front upper work lights. Maybe so a strobe could be mounted on either side is what I was thinking but they don’t get power so beats me. I think I’ll just replace the crummy stock ones and use the wires from them so it will just work from cab toggle switch. Will also leave that empty spot in the fluster for a later mod.

Hkb82

Equipment
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
Yup just tucked em back in lol they are in the same factory wire loom and definitely original. I’m swapping all the old ovals for led 7inch so I’ll just use the wires that I’m sure about plus stock rockers. I also added a bracket across the back to mount a couple extra lights. I did swap rear ovals also but didn’t take final photo with both changed.
Most my night work is with the blower so I’ll stick to the two up front for now.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

Hkb82

Equipment
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
I haven’t pulled the plastics apart yet to look for the ends but I figured they were in there some place. Did the factory install that chrome toggle switch to turn them on and off or do they run with your regular front work light switch?

Hkb82

Equipment
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
Gotcha I wondered what that spot was for by the pto switch but didn’t catch it in your pic. Guess if I add more lights up front I won’t have to run wires through cab or roof and the other ends of the wires in question are all ready to hook up to a switch. I like the factory switch. Might have to do some searching so if I do install I got it. Although I’m switching headlights and front grill work lights to led also that plus the 2x7” inches that I already installed should be more then enough for me. The back 4 led lights I did is more then enough and might actually upset some lol.
Thanks for getting to the bottom of it for me and taking the time to look over your tractor.

Reactions: 1 users