M135x front wheel assist not working

Bull1

Jan 6, 2016
Texas
My m135x front wheel assist in not pulling. Light on dash in showing engaged, fuse is good. Only got 500 hours on tractor still in warranty I don't think it worked ever. Has anyone had problems like this what else can I check out before taking to dealer need tractor to feed cows.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
My m135x front wheel assist in not pulling. Light on dash in showing engaged, fuse is good. Only got 500 hours on tractor still in warranty I don't think it worked ever. Has anyone had problems like this what else can I check out before taking to dealer need tractor to feed cows.
Explain why you think it is NOT working, what are you doing that is doesnt seem to work?:):)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That model has a very complicated and elaborate 4x4 system.
It is hydraulically engaged and lockable, dual speed setup.

There will be several controls (most likely via push button) that control the system.

The next questions are not to insult your intelligence just information.

Why do you feel it's not working, does it spin the rear tires without any front spin on either wheel or both with the diff lock engaged?

If this is the case then yes it needs work done on it, could be something simple, or complicated, but this is why you have a warranty.

Do you notice any change when you engage the bi speed turn option (which on this model doubles the the front wheel speed on tight turns)?

Note: I did not find any 4WD on or off switch or lever so I assume that it's possibly full time 4wd, confirm this with the dealer.

Also if you want to help yourself troubleshoot this or future issues get the WSM for the tractor.

Last edited:

L4740

Nov 23, 2009
3rd Rock From The Sun
Hey, the guy who leases my land had the same problem. What happened to his MX135 was a roll pin where the front drive shaft goes into the front end broke and allowed the spline to back out. I don't know if I am ,or can explain it very well. Just follow the front dirve shaft forward. It is housed in a hollow tube. And just before it goes into the front axle there should be a little panel or cover to remove. Inside there was the broken roll pin. He said it was pretty easy to fix once he fount the problem. Hopefull it's that simple.

Bull1

Jan 6, 2016
Texas
Rear wheels spin ft wheels do not however lifting ft wheels off ground ft diff lock working but not pulling toggle switch engaged electic

Shadow

May 18, 2015
Somewhere
Roll pin, would bet on it. There's an update for that issue, dealer will have to drop the front axle and remove the driveshaft.

jcsffinc

Dec 10, 2015
US

had this happen to my 135 gx the square part with the four holes holds the u-joint that feeds the mfwd wore loose witch in turn caused the knuckle to hit on the bottom of the oil pan a lot on noise and vibration this was the only issue I have had in 3900 hours of use it has front suspension thus the need for u-joints on the shaft great tractor use it every day

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk