M125X Hydraulic Temperature

OSUOrange

Equipment
M125X
Mar 13, 2012
Oklahoma
As I go through the disassembly of my burned out M125X, i noticed that the hydraulic oil cooler seems a bit small, given the GPM. I don't propose any solutions, just an observation. I may retrofit a larger cooler from a much larger tractor being that I will no longer have an A/C...the cooler is sandwiched between the condenser and the radiator. Could be too, that the engine driven fan has to pull air through the condenser, screen, oil cooler and radiator... and any clogging with dust may have a big effect on cooling. Just my .02
Countrymech I see that you have a 1370 also. My dad had one of those when I was growing up. It was a beast. You have good taste in tractors.

OSUOrange

Equipment
M125X
Mar 13, 2012
Oklahoma
The flow control valve is a standard option for the M series tractors. I guess they offer it as a option so someone that doesn't need it won't have to pay for it and it never get used. If you need it the dealer can add it to any tractor for you. I would think that is a big part of why or how Kubota keeps their base price lower than most other brands.
I thought their base price was lower because they were built with non-union labor in Japan or the US. Also they're a bit simpler than other tractors.

Countrymech

Equipment
M125X, Case 1370, 1941 JD "B"
Dec 21, 2012
Nashville TN
Countrymech I see that you have a 1370 also. My dad had one of those when I was growing up. It was a beast. You have good taste in tractors.
Thank you, OSUOrange. I like JI Case tractors, too, All American. The 1370 has an 8.3 liter turbo diesel. Downshifting too quick is what killed most of them. I know of an 830 Case non turbo that ran away, due to a governor problem, ran that way for four minutes, and survived just fine.