LX4020 mid-mount mower deck

Retiredsailor

Equipment
LX4020
Dec 30, 2023
Northwest Arkansas
I really like having the mower deck on my LX4020, but.... I am trying to figure out how to lock the deck in the top position when using the 3-point in lowered position when using implements. I do not understand why Kubota didn't use the same or similar way that the BX series uses. I hate the thought of having to remove the deck anytime I have to use the box blade, cutter, plows, etc.
Suggestions?

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
I really like having the mower deck on my LX4020, but.... I am trying to figure out how to lock the deck in the top position when using the 3-point in lowered position when using implements. I do not understand why Kubota didn't use the same or similar way that the BX series uses. I hate the thought of having to remove the deck anytime I have to use the box blade, cutter, plows, etc.
Suggestions?
Have you checked out the owners manual? Usually for most models it is in there. Have you asked your dealer? Being a new model tractor there is not many on here who have one.

Retiredsailor

Equipment
LX4020
Dec 30, 2023
Northwest Arkansas
Thanks for the reply. Nothing is in the manual. The guys from the dealership couldn't figure it out, either. This is the first LX4020 they've had with a belly mower. It looks like there are locations to pin the front of the deck up, but I'm at a loss on the back of the deck. Tomorrow I'll move it into my shop and put the tractor up on jack stands for a better look.

I just received a new flail mower today and the deck drags when I drop the 3-point with any implement. Of all the Kubota products I have owned over the years it looks like Kubota really dropped the ball on this.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Look on the rear of the deck for these latches:
Looks like it might be an optional kit?

1707445287044.png

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thanks for the info and I'll give it a close look today. I'll go by the farm supply store and get some pin this morning.
You don't add the pins, the pins are already there or they are not.
If they are not there you need to have the dealer order the brackets and pins as a kit, and either you or them needs to install that kit.
Like I said I do believe this is an optional kit, and that kit may or may not be available yet.

Added Note: This is not necessary the solution to your issue, I'm just going off of what I can see on a set of blueprints, I don't have one in front of me to make an exact determination as to what is needed.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Suggestions?
Instructions for locking the deck in the raised position are in the Mower (not tractor) Operator's Manual.

Quite simple, actually.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Thanks for the reply. Nothing is in the manual. The guys from the dealership couldn't figure it out, either. This is the first LX4020 they've had with a belly mower. It looks like there are locations to pin the front of the deck up, but I'm at a loss on the back of the deck. Tomorrow I'll move it into my shop and put the tractor up on jack stands for a better look.

I just received a new flail mower today and the deck drags when I drop the 3-point with any implement. Of all the Kubota products I have owned over the years it looks like Kubota really dropped the ball on this.
Look in the MOWER Operator's Manual, not tractor Operator's Manual.

Apparatus needed to pin deck in raised position included with deck for my B3350. No optional equipment needed.

Retiredsailor

Equipment
LX4020
Dec 30, 2023
Northwest Arkansas
Look in the MOWER Operator's Manual, not tractor Operator's Manual.

Apparatus needed to pin deck in raised position included with deck for my B3350. No optional equipment needed.
Thank you. I guess my dealer didn't deem it necessary to provide the mower deck manual. This is typical of Springdale Tractor. At least the third time they haven't provided all of the appropriate manuals when I have bought a tractor from them.

Lug66

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, Z422KWT
Jun 7, 2023
SW Michigan
I pin my RCK60-30BA deck up front just like the O/M shows. My pins were laying in the tote tray behind my seat. Picture is from the myKubota app.

Attachments

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Rather than deal with my dealer I ordered a copy of the manual from Kubota. I will express my displeasure with the dealership.
You can probably get an electronic version from the Kubota USA website
Search for the mower model number, select the correct one and then it may show up on the left hand side of the screen