lx2963 vs lx2980 snowblowers

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Just curious, what is everyone paying for that front quick hitch and blower?

I just enquired about the K-Connect and front blower for my RTV-X1100C after seeing people in the USA paying $12,500 and here in Soviet Canukistan it is $21,500!!!!
Guess I'll be keeping the $5000 Boss Power V-XT I put on it.

Snowman7

Equipment
LX3310 535 loader, LX2980, RB2672, FDR1660
May 20, 2020
Boyne Falls, MI.
Just curious, what is everyone paying for that front quick hitch and blower?

I just enquired about the K-Connect and front blower for my RTV-X1100C after seeing people in the USA paying $12,500 and here in Soviet Canukistan it is $21,500!!!!
Guess I'll be keeping the $5000 Boss Power V-XT I put on it.
I think my set up was $6,500. It really throws the white stuff.

Reactions: 1 user

Luc Harnois

Equipment
B2650 w B2782 snwblwr and B2778 Broom. L6060 w L4479 snwblwr and L4477 broom
Find a new dealer. Stating the LX2980 is too much for the LX2610 is just hogwash. If it wasn't compatible with the LX2610, Kubota wouldn't offer it as an option. Period.

I bought my LX2610 tractor for commercial snow blowing of residential driveways. Last winter was my first with the tractor and the 64" blower works great. Obviously with any snowblower, ground speed needs to be adjusted for snow conditions. At no time did I feel my blower was too much for my tractor. Would I like more HP at times, of course, but the LX2610 handles it just fine.

Tell your dealer you WANT the LX2980 if that is what you can afford and desire. Walk away if he won't play along. Ever watch Gordy from GP Outdoors on YouTube? He's in Canada and has the LX2610 with the KF64 Canadian Blower. If the link doesn't work, go to GP Outdoors and look at video #342.

View attachment 66069
I own a B2650 with a B2782 snowblower. I really need to upgrade my snowblower to a commercial snowblower. Do you know if it exists a commercial snowblower for the B2650. Or would the KF64 fit on the B2650?

Fatfenders

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC, LX2980 64" Commercial Snow Blower, FEL w/60" QA bucket, BB1260 Box
Dec 1, 2019
Tomahawk, WI
I own a B2650 with a B2782 snowblower. I really need to upgrade my snowblower to a commercial snowblower. Do you know if it exists a commercial snowblower for the B2650. Or would the KF64 fit on the B2650?
The only one that could answer that for sure is a dealer, but, I believe the frames of the two tractors are the same, so with the LX K-Connect Module/4-Point Hitch and Sub-frame, the LX2980 64" Commercial blower should attach.

Snowman7

Equipment
May 20, 2020
Boyne Falls, MI.
I'm looking at purchasing an LX2601 and in the "Build My Kubota" section, this is what is listed for front snowblowers:

63" RESIDENTIAL SNOWBLOWER (LX2963)

51" COMMERCIAL SNOWBLOWER (LX2970)

64" COMMERCIAL SNOWBLOWER (LX2980)

I just had a quote done by my local dealer including a front mount snowblower. He quoted the residential snowblower on my quote. I indicated the tractor would be for commercial use and didn't notice the residential blower listed until I got home. Now I am trying to find info on the two to determine differences. Googled Kubota LX2980 and found nothing. Tried LX2980 on Kubota's site...nothing. I want to compare the two to see what the the advantage would be with the "Commercial" model.

Anyone?
I cannot comment on them all but I will tell you the LX2980 is a beast. I have only blown snow
a couple times this year but man does this thing do the job. Hopefully it is doing the same job in 20 years!

Radfisher

Equipment
BX2660, 54" mower deck, 50" snowblower, 60" snowplow blade, FEL
Oct 9, 2010
Homer, Alaska
I'm also looking into buying the LX2980 snowblower with a LX3310 tractor. So I understand with that blower the hydraulic chute rotation kit comes with it and you attach it to the same valves that control your FEL and well as the hoses for the raising and lowering of the blower? Also what about the kit for moving the chute deflector? I understand there is a hydraulic and electric kit for that? If one went with the hydraulic one, does the owner need to have the 3rd function valve kit? Also where is the control switch for the deflector kit mounted to? Is it attached to the loader joystsick? I sense going with the hydraulic kit is better but know it's more expensive. Thanks

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Kubota makes a diverter valve to operate the chute hood. I would spend the extra money and get a 3rd function valve by LandPride and use that in place of the one that Kubota sells. You can buy the parts for the chute hood actuator from open stock parts on the Messicks Kubota website. All tolled, it will probably be a little more expensive than the diverter valve, but a lot more practical.

AdmiralS

Equipment
ToolCat UW53 (On Order), LX3310HSDC
Dec 7, 2021
Hudson Valley, New York
I'm also looking into buying the LX2980 snowblower with a LX3310 tractor. So I understand with that blower the hydraulic chute rotation kit comes with it and you attach it to the same valves that control your FEL and well as the hoses for the raising and lowering of the blower? Also what about the kit for moving the chute deflector? I understand there is a hydraulic and electric kit for that? If one went with the hydraulic one, does the owner need to have the 3rd function valve kit? Also where is the control switch for the deflector kit mounted to? Is it attached to the loader joystsick? I sense going with the hydraulic kit is better but know it's more expensive. Thanks
I have this exact setup and hydraulic is the only way to go. You use the 3rd function buttons to aim the chute up or down. Loader stick left and right to rotate chute, and loader stick forward and back to raise and lower the blower.

It is magical sitting in a warm cab removing snow with everything controlled from a single stick!

Reactions: 1 users

Showmedata

Equipment
LX3310
May 18, 2022
Boulder CO
My LX2610 was ordered in June and delivered this past October. I wanted the LX2980 but was told it would not be available till 2021. The solution I was offered was the B2782B that is the residential version. The differences i see includes the older B2650 frame mount that works find on the LX. Chain drive vs gear and no horizontal supporting arm in the back of the blower. The chute comes with a hydraulic rotator but i had to add the electric actuator for the chute up/down motion. We had a 14” snow a couple of weeks ago and the B2782b moves snow on a gravel drive effortlessly. I did upgrade to the larger tires from the SU tractor version and attaching the blower mount assembly is a little more effort as the tractor sits a couple inches higher than stock. Otherwise very straightward blower installation. Just remember the correct hydraulic hose connections.
Hi Bob L. Do you know the model number of your frame mount? I'm trying to find which mounts other than / older than the 2940 will fit the LX. Thanks.

Snowman7

Equipment
May 20, 2020
Boyne Falls, MI.
I have this exact setup and hydraulic is the only way to go. You use the 3rd function buttons to aim the chute up or down. Loader stick left and right to rotate chute, and loader stick forward and back to raise and lower the blower.

It is magical sitting in a warm cab removing snow with everything controlled from a single stick!
After sitting on a open station tractor blowing 1/4 mile driveway for 35 years I completely agree, MAGICAL!

Michigankubota

Equipment
B2650 Loader,LX 2980-64 Blower ,60”MMM , Land Pride 60”Box Blade.
Oct 17, 2018
Bessemer, Western U.P.
It's actually a pretty simple connection between the sub-frame and the snowblower. Note the round pin on the top right of the sub-frame and the open hole on the bottom right...
View attachment 49424
That round pin slides into the half-round in the top center of this picture of the snowblower, when lifting the sub-frame. Once that pin is seated, the spring loaded pin on the bottom right, engages in the lower hole in the sub-frame.
View attachment 49425

Hopefully these pictures help. I'd be happy to take any other pictures anyone might want.

How has this blower been holding up for you? I’m considering getting one for my B2650.

I'm curious if this undercarriage will work with my belly mower mounting. It looks like your undercarriage is mounted to the same spot in the front.

my87csx481

Equipment
LX2610HSDC
Aug 8, 2023
Aroostook, Maine
Kubota makes a diverter valve to operate the chute hood. I would spend the extra money and get a 3rd function valve by LandPride and use that in place of the one that Kubota sells. You can buy the parts for the chute hood actuator from open stock parts on the Messicks Kubota website. All tolled, it will probably be a little more expensive than the diverter valve, but a lot more practical.
Sorry for the ancient thread revival. New user on here, and soon to own my first tractor.

I'm in the process of speccing out an LX2610 with LX2960 blower....and getting the 3rd function valve in preparation for a future grapple purchase.

Looking at the blower, there is an electrically actuated diverter valve (to switch the flow between hydraulically adjusting the deflector up/down and the chute left/right). The sales guy doesn't seem to know anything about plumbing the blower deflector up/down to the 3rd function valve I am already paying for.

What should I do? Just get what they give me, then worry about getting the hydraulic lines to run the deflector off the 3rd function? The sales guy seemed like he knew less than me about the product he's selling, so I'm hesitant to push back harder to get exactly what I want (if you want something done right, do it yourself). I am in a rural location. There are not a lot of choices for an alternate dealer.

Thanks for any advice.

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
I had the same issue the salesman wanted the sell me the chute deflector kit, you do not need it. Just order the hydraulic cylinder for the kit. I bought hoses from amazon and had the dealer grab the adapters to fit the hydraulic cylinder. I just ordered 96 inch hoses from amazon. Did not need restrictors for lines either. Bought the couplers from summit, but, your dealer might throw them in.
I just zip tie the hoses to the grille guard for the season. I am lucky to have 2 dealers with 40 miles, neither sales dept knows anything about tractor options.

Reactions: 1 user