Lx2610 w/cab - wheel spacer size and any info please!

Jack@Northeast

Equipment
LX2610HSDC
May 15, 2021
Natick, MA
New owner here - I have a (compact machine) LX2610 w/cab. Operating on a lot with slopes and ruts, will not be using a mid mount mower. I have loaded rear tires only for ballast. I have no idea what size rear wheel spacers to purchase? 1, 2 or 3" ??
I was leaning toward 2" but that's just a completely uneducated guess. I want to be comfortable and safe but also do not want to put unnecessary stress on the machine. Was looking at Bro-tec and Bora but am open to brand suggestions as well. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Njtool

Equipment
Lx2610 HSDC. BH77 backhoe
Jan 1, 2021
New jersey
I have the same machine with spacers from kubota. I believe the kubota spacers are only 1-3/8 each, so it widens the stance a total of 2-3/4

Jack@Northeast

Equipment
LX2610HSDC
May 15, 2021
Natick, MA
I have the same machine with spacers from kubota. I believe the kubota spacers are only 1-3/8 each, so it widens the stance a total of 2-3/4
Did you purchase with spacers? If you added them after purchase did it make a difference? Thanks!

Njtool

Equipment
Lx2610 HSDC. BH77 backhoe
Jan 1, 2021
New jersey
Did you purchase with spacers? If you added them after purchase did it make a difference? Thanks!
I ordered them with my tractor. I didn’t get a chance to use it without the spacers so I can’t tell how much it improved stability.
However, I figured the 1-3/8 might help answer your question as to how thick a spacer you can put on. If kubota sells and installs 1-3/8 then I would assume there wouldn’t be an issue with a spacer around that thickness.

Reactions: 2 users

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
I would recommend 2.5 to 3" rear spacers (both bro-tek and bora get great reviews). That will widen the rear stance either 5 or 6" and should give you noticeably more stability in hilly areas. Just remember to keep your bucket low when operating in hilly areas and travel up and down rather than across uneven terrain whenever possible.

Jack@Northeast

Equipment
LX2610HSDC
May 15, 2021
Natick, MA
I would recommend 2.5 to 3" rear spacers (both bro-tek and bora get great reviews). That will widen the rear stance either 5 or 6" and should give you noticeably more stability in hilly areas. Just remember to keep your bucket low when operating in hilly areas and travel up and down rather than across uneven terrain whenever possible.
Great advice, thank you. Bro-tek recommended 3" and Bora's recommendation was 2" on all 4 corners. Bora has a 8 week lead time, bro-tek has 2" and 3" in stock.
AND NJtool reports Kubota sells 1 & 3/8" for this machine...
So I'm thinking front spacers probably aren't necessary and trying to decide between Bro=Tek 2" or 3". They don't stock 2.5". Do you agree?
AM i being to paranoid in thinking 3" may be to much based on Kubota selling 1 & 3/8? AM I overthinking this and do yo agree fronts don't offer enough return on investment?
Geez, now even I'm confused! Help me out with a dope slap if necessary please!

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
our machines are slightly different. However, I had 1.5" Bro-Tek on my previous machine, they worked well. For the 2601 I picked 2" spacers. I used Bora this time because it appears they dont require removal of the wheel studs. Which Kubota and Bro-Tek do, this may not be an issue with 2610, but might be worth checking. Also dont go so wide on the spacers you bring the wheel track outside your bucket / implement width.

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
Great advice, thank you. Bro-tek recommended 3" and Bora's recommendation was 2" on all 4 corners. Bora has a 8 week lead time, bro-tek has 2" and 3" in stock.
AND NJtool reports Kubota sells 1 & 3/8" for this machine...
So I'm thinking front spacers probably aren't necessary and trying to decide between Bro=Tek 2" or 3". They don't stock 2.5". Do you agree?
AM i being to paranoid in thinking 3" may be to much based on Kubota selling 1 & 3/8? AM I overthinking this and do yo agree fronts don't offer enough return on investment?
Geez, now even I'm confused! Help me out with a dope slap if necessary please!
Yeah I agree with not doing anything on the front. One the front axle pivots and two you would be adding additional stress for any loader work. It sounds like you want to stick close to the Kubota offering in width. If that is the case, go with the 2" spacers and don't look back.

Jack@Northeast

Equipment
LX2610HSDC
May 15, 2021
Natick, MA
our machines are slightly different. However, I had 1.5" Bro-Tek on my previous machine, they worked well. For the 2601 I picked 2" spacers. I used Bora this time because it appears they dont require removal of the wheel studs. Which Kubota and Bro-Tek do, this may not be an issue with 2610, but might be worth checking. Also dont go so wide on the spacers you bring the wheel track outside your bucket / implement width.
Very good point, thank you - I will confirm with Bro-Tek. I would like to avoid removing the studs as well!

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
Very good point, thank you - I will confirm with Bro-Tek. I would like to avoid removing the studs as well!
No stud removal needed on the LX with the Bro-Teks. Also, I just realized that my Bro-Tek's are 2" not 2.5". Not sure where I got 2.5" from 🤔

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Jack@Northeast

Equipment
LX2610HSDC
May 15, 2021
Natick, MA
No stud removal needed on the LX with the Bro-Teks. I just realized that my Bro-Tek's are 2" not 2.5". Not sure where I got 2.5" from 🤔
Ok, that's great news. I just e-mailed Bro-Tek to confirm the if they are bolt on with factory hardware as well. So I'm about 90% sure I'll order the 2" Bro-Tek. Do you
No stud removal needed on the LX with the Bro-Teks. Also, I just realized that my Bro-Tek's are 2" not 2.5". Not sure where I got 2.5" from 🤔
Bro-Tek confirmed original studs remain in place - use existing OEM hardware.

B2710

Equipment
LX3310, L45, RTV1100
Dec 13, 2011
SE Tennessee
I have the 3" Bro-Teks on the rear of my LX3310, seems to make it more stable.

Jack@Northeast

Equipment
LX2610HSDC
May 15, 2021
Natick, MA
Good to know - I ordered 3" Bro-Tek this afternoon. They were shipped already and UPS says I'll have them on Monday. I'll try to install next week and post some pics.
Can you post a pic of the rear if yo have a chance?

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
they already shipped?! wow that is service. If it werent for the wheel stud thing I def would have ordered his again. The ones he makes are like too nice for a tractor i wanted to hang it on the wall lol

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
they already shipped?! wow that is service. If it werent for the wheel stud thing I def would have ordered his again. The ones he makes are like too nice for a tractor i wanted to hang it on the wall lol
Haha they are a thing of beauty.

Jack@Northeast

Equipment
LX2610HSDC
May 15, 2021
Natick, MA
I'll confirm if the original wheel studs work. The instructions say you may need to exchange them. But Richard Bro says OEM studs remain in place on the lx2610.

Jack@Northeast

Equipment
LX2610HSDC
May 15, 2021
Natick, MA
BRO-TEK 3", no stud removal necessary. Took about 3 business days from order to door.
Hub and wheel centric.
Much more stable. I struggled with 2" VS 3", Bro-tek strongly recommended 3" and it was the right call.
Completely satisfied with size and product fit and finish.

Reactions: 3 users