LX2610 swivel seat

Rhody1

Equipment
LX2610
Jul 28, 2022
Rhode Island
So big question for me is it worth the cost and additional length I.e. is the swivel seat that much more uncomfortable?? I’ve Only sat in the non-swivel seat and it was fine, but with short legs i don’t want to be reaching for the pedals killing my back on bumps all day. Thoughts?
Hey JimsF. Another option I recently did with my ROPS-2610 / BH77 is to make your own benchseat to use when using the backhoe for trenching etc where you need to move the tractor forward a lot and spinning that main seat becomes a pain after a while for sure.. If you're going to use the backhoe mainly then you can just remove the benchseat and use the main seat swivel as it was intended. The seat i made is solid and cost about $20 to make and installs in about a minute. I can send a pic with some details if interested.

Quick

Equipment
B2601, LA435, BH70, LP SGC0554 Grapple, LP RB1672 Rear Blade, King Kutter 60" BB
Sep 23, 2021
St. Clair, MO.
Hey JimsF. Another option I recently did with my ROPS-2610 / BH77 is to make your own benchseat to use when using the backhoe for trenching etc where you need to move the tractor forward a lot and spinning that main seat becomes a pain after a while for sure.. If you're going to use the backhoe mainly then you can just remove the benchseat and use the main seat swivel as it was intended. The seat i made is solid and cost about $20 to make and installs in about a minute. I can send a pic with some details if interested.
I'd be interested to see what you've made. Please share. (-:

Rhody1

Equipment
LX2610
Jul 28, 2022
Rhode Island
Used a 2x3 just under 31-1/2 inches and mounted a seat on it 15wide by 11deep. It attaches to the tractor with one pin on the bottom as shown which is basically pulling it down to secure it (The other pin at the seat hinge is just to disassemble for easier storage). The 2x3 has small notches as shown on the ends to accommodate the tractor(lights) bolt heads. The seat 'post' is a short piece of pressure treated baluster and is plenty strong and is pinned with a 3in x 5/16 pin. The seat is made from a piece of 1/2inch finish plywood, marine vinyl from the fabric store and some 2inch cushion foam (also from the same store).
I just glued the seat to the 2x3 and added 3, 2in lag bolts for good measure.. Your back rest is actually the back of the swivel seat and the setup works just fine for jobs where you're using the backhoe for short periods and needing to move the whole machine again and again. If I'm going to use to backhoe in one spot for a hour or two I simply have to only remove that bottom pin (about 10sec) and remove the seat and use the swivel seat for a little more comfort.
Footnote: When I bought my machine my dealer told me that there was no seat option for the BH77 (along with my LX2610) and you "had" to use the swivel seat. Well I got sick of swiveling pretty fast (worst case up to 20 times in one day) so I had to come up with some alternative. Somewhere in this thread I've learned that there is actually a seat option but it 'may' require an extended frame but perhaps not.. Certainly more $$ and with no option then to use the more comfortable swivel seat occasionally. I'm still thinking now that my added seat is a more useful quick fix for me and I can still use the swivel when I want too.
Hope you find this useful. Thanks.

Attachments

Reactions: 2 users

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
I have the swivel seat on my B2650/BH77, and gotten quite quick and smooth with practice swiveling it to/from tractor-backhoe positions over the years. Wherever practical I also use the backhoe to lift up the rear of the tractor to re-position it forward or back, and to a lesser extent to the side. Be careful, maybe even wear a hardhat while trying boom-swing moving the machine side to side. There's a self reinforcing "lunge" that can happen as a sudden sideways movement using the boom forces your weight against the control lever in the direction that ADDS force in the same direction! I've bonked my head on the rops due to that effect, so not recommended, especially without head protection.
For moving forward, I raise the stabilizers about a foot, reach back and raise the loader bucket up just off the ground, in 2WD not 4WD and steering straight. Set the backhoe bucket down firmly about 1/2 its reach away from the tractor and lower the boom to lift the tractor rear tires up a bit. Extend the dipper slowly to push the tractor backwards rolling on its front wheels. Adjust the boom as you move forward with the dipper extending to keep the tractor wheels close to but off the ground.
Raise the boom to lower tractor, set loader bucket and stabilizers for BH operation, and get back to digging.

Quick

Equipment
B2601, LA435, BH70, LP SGC0554 Grapple, LP RB1672 Rear Blade, King Kutter 60" BB
Sep 23, 2021
St. Clair, MO.
I'm still thinking now that my added seat is a more useful quick fix for me and I can still use the swivel when I want too.
Hope you find this useful. Thanks.
I like it and may try to make it. Main use would be stump removal. On larger stumps, it's not uncommon to have to reposition over 1/2 dozen times to get them out. This seat would be sure streamline the process.

Thank you for the pics and how-to!