LX2610 swivel seat

JimsF

Equipment
Kubota LX2610, LA535 FEL, BH77 Backhoe, 20’ Utility trailer
Sep 15, 2020
NH
This is how the seat at attaches to the b77 with the extensions to fit a cab model b2650. If your dealer will let you order a la cart, you wouldn't have to purchase the swivel seat at all, just the cab model seat and post.

View attachment 48753
Do you think the seats Will fit back to back without the extension?

johnkn

Nov 18, 2014
Laplata, MD
The seat in my LX3310 is very comfortable both facing forward and when operating the BH. Tons of room facing rearward, so much that I had to slide the seat up to get closer to the controls and be able to touch the seat back. I prefer that configuration over the 2nd seat and extended BH. Good luck...

Reactions: 1 users

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
My BH seat is bolted in just like the pic Deepwoods posted, except I have no extensions on the subframe. If fits fine. I keep the BH seat in the down position until I need to use it. It is designed to flip up and down easily with a release lever. Both seats will sit back to back, but you have to wiggle a bit to get the front seat to depress the kill switch, which is why I keep the BH seat flipped down when not in use. I have pics on my phone but I can't seem to get them uploaded on the laptop.

Reactions: 1 user

Niteeyes

Equipment
LX2610HSD,FEL, BH, PFL2042, box blade
Jul 31, 2020
New England
The seat in my LX3310 is very comfortable both facing forward and when operating the BH. Tons of room facing rearward, so much that I had to slide the seat up to get closer to the controls and be able to touch the seat back. I prefer that configuration over the 2nd seat and extended BH. Good luck...
I agree. I have the LX2610 with the swivel seat and I find it very comfortable.

ThomasH

Equipment
LX2610HSDC BH77
May 26, 2020
Cheney, WA
LX2610HSDC with BH77. There is definitely less legroom with the dedicated backhoe seat than a swivel seat. Some find this unbearable. I personally don’t find it to be a problem, and at 6’6” 290lbs, I’m not what one would call little. If I had a ROPS model, I would not give up the suspension seat for a swivel. I’m at about 190 hours, with about 50% of that in the backhoe seat. Swivel seat would definitely be more comfortable for backhoe operation, but giving up the suspension would be a non-starter for me.
BB997864-F4D0-4F33-AF89-9457E1EA1004.jpeg

JimsF

Equipment
Sep 15, 2020
NH
New tractor arrived! Thanks for all the help on the swivel seat decision... note it did not require the extension to keep the two seats, just $300 extra for the backhoe seat / post.
C68F5D56-8131-44E7-BE62-9B7A6BC44189.jpeg

brettskub

Equipment
Kubota LX2610, LA535, BH77, LP 60” Grapple, LP Box Scrape, LP Forks
Mar 8, 2021
Port Orchard, WA
New tractor arrived! Thanks for all the help on the swivel seat decision... note it did not require the extension to keep the two seats, just $300 extra for the backhoe seat / post.
Hi Jim, I realize this is several months old but just purchased an LX2610 ROPS myself. I asked my dealer to do the same about the seat but not something they have ever done before. Do you know which parts you had to purchase or is there a seat "kit"? I'm not sure if the seat comes with the Cab model subframe kit, but it seems like the dealer could install the cab kit just without the cab spacers. Any insight or part information would be helpful. Also, do you still feel good about your seat decision? Thank you.

JimsF

Equipment
Sep 15, 2020
NH
Hi Jim, I realize this is several months old but just purchased an LX2610 ROPS myself. I asked my dealer to do the same about the seat but not something they have ever done before. Do you know which parts you had to purchase or is there a seat "kit"? I'm not sure if the seat comes with the Cab model subframe kit, but it seems like the dealer could install the cab kit just without the cab spacers. Any insight or part information would be helpful. Also, do you still feel good about your seat decision? Thank you.
I got the same feedback from the sales person initially, then when I shared photos of another tractor that had this configuration, they figured it out. i Don’t know the part #’s, but it’s the STD ROPS seat, the non-extended backhoe subframe and the backhoe post and seat. very happy with my decision. You can flip up the tractor seat if you want a little more room for your back. The backhoe seat is a bit tight with the controls, but i believe it’s the same as the CAB model. If you plan to spend a lot of time on the hoe and have longer legs, the swivel will give you more room.

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
Having the adjustable suspension seat for everything other than backhoe work is well worth the investment.

brettskub

Equipment
Kubota LX2610, LA535, BH77, LP 60” Grapple, LP Box Scrape, LP Forks
Mar 8, 2021
Port Orchard, WA
Just wanted to post an update to close the loop. Dealer installed the cab subframe kit (same price as ROPS kit) but did not install the cab spacers. This is the only way to go in my mind on the LX w/BH. Both seats fit without even having to fold one up, assuming you’re not over six feet tall and you can slide the main seat forward a bit. Plenty of room for me (5’11”). I highly recommend this. Cheers all.
67B7C3E8-9DC3-4CD6-B0D9-56A1DEFB8E25.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
My primary seat was set super soft when I got it so you would bottom out the seat going over bumps. Tightened it up a bit and now it's perfect.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Just wanted to post an update to close the loop. Dealer installed the cab subframe kit (same price as ROPS kit) but did not install the cab spacers. This is the only way to go in my mind on the LX w/BH. Both seats fit without even having to fold one up, assuming you’re not over six feet tall and you can slide the main seat forward a bit. Plenty of room for me (5’11”). I highly recommend this. Cheers all. View attachment 56962
I notice that all of you guys that have done this are using the cab/L model control sticks which are short and straight. I'm not sure if it would work for those of us with the flip seat and long/bent sticks to convert to the second seat without changing out the sticks as well.

Seppe906

Equipment
LX2610 ROPS with LA535 FEL, BH77, 60" MMM
Mar 27, 2021
UP Michigan
Hi all, first post here and just received the LX2610 Rops with loader and BH77 yesterday. I had read about the lack of suspension on the swivel seat here and when looking at tractors my dealer said the BH77 comes with the extra seat so I thought I was going to be ok, but after assembly he called and said it actually comes with the swivel and it was already installed, I told him I heard there was no suspension on the swivel seat but he said it's the same thing just with a swivel so I didn't push it and they delivered it that way. I took it out for 2 hours yesterday and you all are right, zero suspension! I am going to call them when they reopen and ask if I can have my suspension parts back and order the extra small seat for the BH, but does anyone have any pics of the Rops seat suspension? Is it really that much better than the swivel? I hate to be a difficult customer but my primary use will be loader work/firewood hauling/mowing and I would rather fix this now then live with regret and a sore back!! I'm 5' 10" so the reduced operating space on the BH would be ok. Thank you!

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
Here you go. The t handle is used to increase/decrease spring tension.

20210328_145634.jpg

Seppe906

Equipment
Mar 27, 2021
UP Michigan
Here you go. The t handle is used to increase/decrease spring tension.

View attachment 57078
Thanks! Yep mine doesn't have any of that, there are some springs but just to assist in the lift and spin, and to activate the safety switch. So once I sit on it I am basically sitting right on the bottom and the only relief is the seat padding. Hopefully the dealer will understand and work with me to fix this.
AD1EA023-4692-4FA0-B325-D0219ABA8DDF.jpeg

timb365

Apr 9, 2021
Western NJ
Just wanted to post an update to close the loop. Dealer installed the cab subframe kit (same price as ROPS kit) but did not install the cab spacers. This is the only way to go in my mind on the LX w/BH. Both seats fit without even having to fold one up, assuming you’re not over six feet tall and you can slide the main seat forward a bit. Plenty of room for me (5’11”). I highly recommend this. Cheers all. View attachment 56962

Your posting of details on keeping the suspension seat has been incredibly helpful as I navigate the purchase process on my own LX2610 (now if only stock would be made available!!!).

Two questions that I have not been able to find online and I think you can help with are:
1. what is the total length of the LTB's furthest points
2. the height of the BH as you have pictured at a normal "not in use" position.

I am trying to figure out if I am going to need to swivel the BH to keep it in my garage and whether I will clear the garage door with the height of the BH. I know I need to fold the ROPS, but not sure if I will need to extend the arm or not.

Many thanks in advance.

-Tim

Seppe906

Equipment
Mar 27, 2021
UP Michigan
Your posting of details on keeping the suspension seat has been incredibly helpful as I navigate the purchase process on my own LX2610 (now if only stock would be made available!!!).

Two questions that I have not been able to find online and I think you can help with are:
1. what is the total length of the LTB's furthest points
2. the height of the BH as you have pictured at a normal "not in use" position.

I am trying to figure out if I am going to need to swivel the BH to keep it in my garage and whether I will clear the garage door with the height of the BH. I know I need to fold the ROPS, but not sure if I will need to extend the arm or not.

Many thanks in advance.

-Tim
Hi Tim,

My lx2610 with loader and Bh curled up (as pictured) is just shy of 18 feet long by an inch or so. The top of the Bh is 79" tall. Hope that helps!

E7FAB4AE-BCE8-4A3C-B741-5DC1EA1FED74.jpeg

Last edited:

greg86z28

Equipment
B2601
May 17, 2020
South Central Wisconsin
Thanks! Yep mine doesn't have any of that, there are some springs but just to assist in the lift and spin, and to activate the safety switch. So once I sit on it I am basically sitting right on the bottom and the only relief is the seat padding. Hopefully the dealer will understand and work with me to fix this. View attachment 57080
That's the swivel seat. It sucks. I have whatever variant is used on the B2601.