LX2610 Newbie Learning experience

tetonview

Lifetime Member

Equipment
'21 LX2610HSDC; LX2963 snowblower; LA535 FEL; RCR1260 Mower; RB1560; QH10; 3" BO
Sep 13, 2021
Southeast Idaho
Just in case anyone else can learn from my misadventure. 100 hours on the tractor, bogging down so badly while using snowblower that I had to give up and call in my neighbor with his big Ford tractor. 5800 ft elevation, snowbanks about 4 ft now, winds frequently blowing exhaust into engine. Ended up with lots of carbon buildup in the air filter, Kubota technician cleaned the filter and much improved, but suggested a new air filter when I can get to the shop. Also suggested putting a an ATV Air Filter Sock over the intake to allow easier cleaning and to keep some gunk out of the air filter. High altitude seems to generate more exhaust particulate, in the snow tunnels it doesn’t disperse much and tough snow causes some bog-down anyway. The LX2610 exhaust is not in a great location either. Live & learn. . . .

DeepWoods

Equipment
B2650HSDC Woodland Mills WC68 Wood Chipper
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
Take the air snorkel off the air cleaner box, and it will help keep the intake of snow to a minimum. Also lookup Birddogger on this forum and get a set of custom bras for the front end of your new toy. It will keep your ride warmer, and keep the snow from going under the bonnet.

Reactions: 2 users

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Here's some info for you, tetonview: LX2610 Winterfront Covers

There's also some links to the "for sale" thread that also has a bunch of links to follow for more info and comments.

If interested, I'd be happy to get a set mailed to you. Like Deepwoods mentioned: warmer cab and engine, quick warmups, all but eliminates the snow ingestion into the air filter, keeps fuel under the hood warm, etc., etc.

I think I still have one, maybe two sets sewn up and ready to mail out.

Thanks for the mention, Deepwoods!!

Regards,
David

A happy Canadian's solution to his Air Filter Clogged with Snow

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Not much help on the exhaust, but in addition to the grille cover, you can route the air intake into the engine bay. Behind the radiator. I think there is a kit for that.

DeepWoods

Equipment
B2650HSDC Woodland Mills WC68 Wood Chipper
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota

There's also some links to the "for sale" thread that also has a bunch of links to follow for more info and comments.

If interested, I'd be happy to get a set mailed to you. Like Deepwoods mentioned: warmer cab and engine, quick warmups, all but eliminates the snow ingestion into the air filter, keeps fuel under the hood warm, etc., etc.

Regards,
David

David, I’m a firm believer in your product. Just so happened I put them back on my B2650HSDC just this morning as it was only 8 degrees out when I went out to blow snow for the day. Kept me warm and toasty, and kept my engine at three bars the whole time.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
David, I’m a firm believer in your product. Just so happened I put them back on my B2650HSDC just this morning as it was only 8 degrees out when I went out to blow snow for the day. Kept me warm and toasty, and kept my engine at three bars the whole time.
It was cold and very breezy here that morning as well. I still have my covers on till it stays at freezing or above. I had to move snow as well. Moved the tractor outside to let it warm up for a few minutes and went over to the shop. Forgot the tractor was outside warming up until 15 - 20 minutes had passed. Figured the cab would be toasty warm.....nope! OH, oh!! What the heck!!!???

Then it dawned on me.....I had opened one side of the front cover the other day when the temp was just about thawing out and I was too hot in the cab. I forgot to put it back in place before I moved the tractor outside again. A good 15-20 minutes of high idle outside and not one bar showing on the temp gauge. I think the outdoor temp was around 0° F or just under. After closing the side of the front cover again it took only a couple of minutes to warm things up and get some heat flowing, and a couple bars registering on the temp gauge.

Glad you're still liking your covers, Deepwoods, and thanks for the compliment and trust!!

David

tetonview

Lifetime Member

Equipment
'21 LX2610HSDC; LX2963 snowblower; LA535 FEL; RCR1260 Mower; RB1560; QH10; 3" BO
Sep 13, 2021
Southeast Idaho

Regards,
David

In fact, I have your covers. I got them even before the tractor was delivered. They are very nice and no snow problem here, just exhaust.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
In fact, I have your covers. I got them even before the tractor was delivered. They are very nice and no snow problem here, just exhaust.
Funny! I was thinking you maybe had a set when I started to remember and recognize your username and SE Idaho location. I checked my list and there you were!! :LOL: Right at the end of last winter's season.

We might be driving out to Boise to visit #2 son this summer. Depending on the route we take, we might pass right by your place. Will have to meet for a beer of coffee if it works!

Reactions: 1 user