Lx2610 / LA535 loader grease extentions

Jake_in_AK

Equipment
Lx2610hsd FEL&bucket / snow plow / bale spears / pallet forks / rear box blade
Dec 4, 2021
Fairbanks, AK
I have an Lx2610 fitted with the FEL- and use the loader arms as the primary attachment, bale spears, bucket, or snow plow primarily.
I am thinking about trying to find a product to extend the grease fittings from the loader arms/bucket pins to a central location, probably down by the connecting bar that prevents or mitigates uneven load on the arms.
Mostly, I want to make it easier to grease the loader, both in terms of reaching all the points, and in not having the zerks blocked by ice/snow/frozen dirt, as clearing them out to grease is a fairly common issue for me.

Has anyone else done something similar, or tried to, and what were the complications or issues?

Mostly, I am thinking that if I dont run the lines intelligently, it could be rather easy to cause them to snag and start breaking stuff, or not realise that a pin isn't getting grease if I am not paying attention should a line break. I think I can mitigate these issues, but would like to hear from anyone who did a similar project what their problems were.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Winkles_9

Equipment
Kubota L3301
Jun 24, 2021
Annandale MN
I do something similar here in our manufacturing plant. I custom make hydraulic hoses to length and install them into the grease fittings. It is rather expensive, as grease guns produce a lot of pressure and you need to make the hoses with a high enough PSI to handle the pressure. They do it on a lot on large equipment so I am sure there are companies out there making some sort of kit to extend the grease fittings.
Just for reference, a 1/4" hydraulic hose runs about $5.00 per foot, plus the fittings you will need crimped on. You could be looking at $50 or more per hose.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
You can do it with 3/16 or 1/4 copper or stainless tubing and compression fittings. Or kits are available that use plastic tubing - Google 'remote lubrication'. It's done on commercial/industrial equipment.
I'd rip it off the first time out (good thing Kubota recesses those zerks in the pins), but it might work for you.

Jake_in_AK

Equipment
Lx2610hsd FEL&bucket / snow plow / bale spears / pallet forks / rear box blade
Dec 4, 2021
Fairbanks, AK
I had kinda assumed around 4 to 5 hundred for all 10 (I hope I'm not mentally missing one?) Zerk fittings on the loader- found one company that makes/sells 1/4 in hosing to length with what appears to be the correct fittings.
Got the idea from heavy equip- I run dozer at a local mine as my day job. Actually what I really wanted to do was set up a tiny 5 or 10 gallon auto lube system, like our d11s have, but got talked out of it right quick when I asked one of my mechanics how much one costs... I dont need to drop another 5k into this tractor... yet.

My biggest headache is the two bucket pins, they always get filled with ice and it is a real pain at -35 to thaw with a heat gun and scrape out with a screw driver just to unveil the zerk fitting- but if i do those i keep thinking i might as well get all the loader grease points lined up somewhere convenient.

I am more than a little concerned about wiping them out first day after I install though, my basic assumption is kubota doesn't have a kit because of good reasons, but I was really hoping somebody else had done it and knew how they tended to break- learn from someone else's expense ya know.

When/if I do get them done, I'll post up how it worked out and how much it cost... and how long before I swiped them right off the loader arms doing something silly.

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Seems to me that the benefits don't outweigh the costs but everyone is free to spend their money as they see fit.

Reactions: 1 users

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
What about making some sort of cover that can be removed for greasing?
I did not find good photos of the loader grease zerks to see what the possibility is.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I'd be inclined to find something along the line of a plug. It would be inexpensive, less likely to be knocked out, and easily replaced.

On the digging boom of a Ditch Witch they had threaded openings at the fitting and a pipe plug was screwed in. Needed an allen wrench to remove, so a nail or pick of some kind was needed to remove dirt, but the fitting was always clean.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Put on a Lincoln Quick Lube Lubrication System and you will never have to use a grease gun again. If automatically lubricates as you run the machine. They work great. Little pricey for homeowner use.