Low hydraulic pressure

Rdpoole88

Equipment
L2501 hst
May 22, 2021
Louisiana
Noticed the lift capacity on my tractor was low. Put a gauge on it and 1000 Psi instead of 2300 psi. Only 80 hrs and changed fluid and filter at 50 hrs. Any thoughts on why such decreased pressure?

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Are you referring to a loader lift capacity?
Do you have any rear remotes?

A rear remote stuck on with a detent can drain all the pressure available to the loader.

Where did you measure the pressure? Do you have both the tractor and loader WSM as you need to fully understand the hydraulic circuit to decide where to take a measurement as it may be different with and without a loader.

Dave

Rdpoole88

Equipment
L2501 hst
May 22, 2021
Louisiana
Are you referring to a loader lift capacity?
Do you have any rear remotes?

A rear remote stuck on with a detent can drain all the pressure available to the loader.

Where did you measure the pressure? Do you have both the tractor and loader WSM as you need to fully understand the hydraulic circuit to decide where to take a measurement as it may be different with and without a loader.

Dave
Yes I’m referring to the lift capacity. I measured at the quick disconnect for the bucket curl. No rear remotes. Use to easily lift buckets of dirt and gravel. Now won’t do more than about 1/3 bucket

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Right now I cannot find a WSM for a L2501 nor a LA525 lA525 loader.

Is this the loader on your tractor?

Do you have any manuals besides the Owner's manual?

Be patient with me and do not go pulling things apart.

Can you do the pressure test on a loader arm circuit?

A common mistake is for owners to get frustrated and start opening valves and blowing compressed air around try to figure things out,

Do you feel both the lift arms and bucket movement are affected or just the bucket

Do you ever lift anything on the 3 pt so as to know if it is affected too?

Did any hoses get changed lately?

Has the loader been off and then re-installed?

Does the loader valve stay on the tractor when the loader is removed or does the valve come off with the loader and then you connect a bypass hose?

Has a 3rd function kit been installed?

How many hoses are attached to your loader valve. 6 or 7?

Recently a B2400 owner was getting very frustrated and in the end a quick coupling had failed internally and was causing weird hydraulic actions.

Dave

Rdpoole88

Equipment
L2501 hst
May 22, 2021
Louisiana

A common mistake is for owners to get frustrated and start opening valves and blowing compressed air around try to figure things out,

Do you feel both the lift arms and bucket movement are affected or just the bucket

Does the loader valve stay on the tractor when the loader is removed or does the valve come off with the loader and then you connect a bypass hose?

Recently a B2400 owner was getting very frustrated and in the end a quick coupling had failed internally and was causing weird hydraulic actions.

Dave
The loader is on the tractor and has never been removed. It seems to affect both lift and curl. I have a box blade on the back and it does seem to raise slowly. I can check a lift circuit this afternoon instead of the curl function
No hoses changed and no third function installed

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
If 3 pt is fully raised & feedback rod isn't adjusted correctly then 3 pt relief valve can be unseated causing lower hyd system pressure. If you can hear a hissing sound at 3 pt control valve move control lever forward a little until hissing noise stops. Also disconnect/reconnect all quick couplers for FEL

Reactions: 1 user

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA

Dave
Dave, not sure if this helps any but here is a couple pics of the LA525 loader valve in question. (7 hoses)

A7ED1922-C5CA-45AB-A018-D591DB2D6C99.jpeg

13D3FADB-5A8D-49B0-99B9-B2764989A212.jpeg

and the hydraulic block
7A3373EF-FBB8-4717-80E9-E28972D083B6.jpeg

Mine does have the added backhoe circuit, the top left hose would be the power beyond from loader valve on OPs tractor. Loader valve stays with tractor when removed as well, but likely irrelevant since his hasn’t ever been removed.

Cant help with the problem but I’m sure dave will get it figured out.

Sammy3700

Equipment
L3800HST,524Loader,BH77,Landplane,Disk,Mowers and more
Feb 20, 2012
Red Springs, NC
In your last picture you will see a 22mm bolt this is where you add shims to raise the psi obviously you already have a gauge and what I have used is #10 washers I use a micrometer and you won’t believe the difference in thickness of the washers you may have to play with it several times so you don’t over do it and blow something however I think you may need to check what others have said it is not normal for the tractor to lose lift lift yours with out a problem especially a new one

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Fordtech86: Your photos had me going for a minute. I was trying to figure out why a loader valve with only 80 hrs would have so much crud built up then I re-read the post and realize this was YOUR valve.

Rdpoole88. Tx Jim's point is relevant in all of this. Do your further pressure tests with the 3 pt lowered. Do you have a backhoe circuit?
Who did the fluid and filter change? Were Kubota fluids and filter used.

Forum L2501 filters 1.jpg

forum L2501 filters 2.jpg

Please check the part numbers on the hydraulic Suction filter which is the one which would affect pressure by choking the suction side of the pump.

Dave

Rdpoole88

Equipment
L2501 hst
May 22, 2021
Louisiana
If 3 pt is fully raised & feedback rod isn't adjusted correctly then 3 pt relief valve can be unseated causing lower hyd system pressure. If you can hear a hissing sound at 3 pt control valve move control lever forward a little until hissing noise stops. Also disconnect/reconnect all quick couplers for FEL
I’ll give it a try. Thx
And I really appreciate your efforts in doing so.

Will teach me to read everything and not skim :)

Dave
i did get to check the lift circuit this morning and all reading at still 1000 psi. No hissing on the 3pt hitch. There are seven hoses on the FEL. Three are threaded and 4 are quick connects. Thinking about changing the filter and oil again before going further

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
I’ll give it a try. Thx

i did get to check the lift circuit this morning and all reading at still 1000 psi. No hissing on the 3pt hitch. There are seven hoses on the FEL. Three are threaded and 4 are quick connects. Thinking about changing the filter and oil again before going further
You did not answer my questions regarding the filters and fluids used. Is there some related reason why you are going to change fluids and filters again.?
Dave

Rdpoole88

Equipment
L2501 hst
May 22, 2021
Louisiana
You did not answer my questions regarding the filters and fluids used. Is there some related reason why you are going to change fluids and filters again.?
Dave
Changed with Kubota filters and mostly Kunitz ud2 hydraulic fluid. I say mostly because I did run out and topped it off with what is advertised as a comparable fluid. Just thinking maybe a problem with the filter or something

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
that's not how you check hydraulic pressure but whatever.

if you test wrong and start shimming wrong bad stuff happens. Hydraulic pressure is nothing to play with if you aren't 100% familiar with it.

you also need a flowmeter but aftermarket companies don't tell you that, they just want to sell you stuff that they think you need. A flowmeter will tell you how much the system flows at what pressure; if flow drops way off along with pressure you have either a suction problem, or a big problem somewhere. If pressure alone drops off and flow is within spec, possible relief spring broken or possible internal leak somewhere or whatever.