Loose push rod

Jeepyweepy

Equipment
BX2370
Feb 5, 2024
NC
Ok that looks better.
You really need to resurface the head.
I use a huge piece of sandpaper glued to a piece of very flat hardwood plywood.
Or you could send it to a machine shop to have it done.
Thank you again! I had used an 1800 grit large flat stone. Makes me nervous lol. I’ll try your suggestion and put her back together and see how she does.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Use a Kubota OEM head gasket
1G962-03313

Reactions: 1 user

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
if it had water in the cylinder, you REALLY need to check it over well. VERY well. Put each piston at TDC, meaning turn the engine by hand until one piston won't go up any further. Measure (however you want to) how far it's out of the cylinder. Usually you can judge it by the "finger method", just by feeling it. Do the same thing for the other two cylinders. If you find one is further down into the cylinder at TDC, that rod is bent and will require replacement.

Didn't read the post very well, but was the pushrod bent? Was the adjuster screw loose? If no to both, you really should pull the valves out of the head and inspected them VERY well for bending, and for binding in their guides. Valves don't get "that" loose on their own, certainly not loose enough for a lash cap or pushrod to fall off.

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I still don’t understand what you mean in post #16…

I think you mean “possible leak” but please clarify what you meant
The first picture he put up looked like a possible crack, but a better picture ruled that out.