Looking to buy a BX23s

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Not a fan of rimguard or any other liquid in the tires.
Me neither. After getting a puncture with liquid in my BX rear tire. I had already had my front tires foam filled. Followed up by getting the rear tires foam filled after that puncture. Filled, each rear tire weighed about 180 pounds.

Being the father in law that I am, when my son in law bought a B23S last fall, I offered to pay half of the cost to get his tires foam filled (OK, I'm cheap I guess, but figured if he did not contribute, he would not appreciate the result as much, ha ha). Also bought him a set of 2" rear spacers as a "tractor warming" present. This combination adds a lot of stability to a BX.

All the stability issues/concerns are related to moving on cross slopes though. The OP just mentioned a driveway, which normally is an up/down movement. So my comments may not relate to his/her needs...

Edit: except that the extra weight does really help increase traction when needed...

Reactions: 1 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S w/ Cab
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I had rim guard in my BX22 for 17 years, and never a problem, except for the rubber valve stems that Kubota installed, dry rotting, and then start leaking. Laid the tire on the ground with the valve stem up, and broke the bead, installed new metal valve stems, inflated, and problem solved. The hardest thing was to get the tire properly located to put the bolts back into the axle.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: All the stability issues/concerns are related to moving on cross slopes though.

Now we all KNOW that's a bad way to travel however if you have a BH out back, lower the legs to say '7 oclock' or 6" off the ground.
Naturally raise them BEFORE trying to get through the narrow stand of trees......

Reactions: 1 user

BadAndy

Equipment
Craftsman YT4000, Bercomac Snowblower
Mar 30, 2021
Canada
Update...
Went to look at the BX23s, it's a sexy piece of equipment... Looks like i'm going with the box blade - front mount snow blower and BH thumb, i'll get the belly mower over the winter as I still have the lawn tractor until I sell it this fall.

Reactions: 1 user