Looking to buy a BX23s

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I was looking at the B2601 as well... but I need something smaller like the BX to get in tight spaces.
The BX is mostly lower. It's not materially shorter nor narrower, and it doesn't turn any sharper (as the B2601 has split brakes). Are you sure that the B won't go into the spaces you need to get into?

BadAndy

Equipment
BX23s TLB-BX2822A Snow blower-LP BB-HLA Forks-Craftsman YT4000 Lawn Tractor
Mar 30, 2021
Canada
The BX is mostly lower. It's not materially shorter nor narrower, and it doesn't turn any sharper (as the B2601 has split brakes). Are you sure that the B won't go into the spaces you need to get into?
I looked at both and decided on the BX, it's just a better fit and will do everything I need and more.

BadAndy

Equipment
Mar 30, 2021
Canada
Soooo I think I know what's going on, my initial quote was 25000.00 for the BX23s and it showed on the Kubota Canada site in the 25000.00 range... I just looked at the Kubota site again and it now shows 28000.00 a 15% difference, coincidence??? I am going to give Kubota a call and explain what I see. We shall see what they say. I think Kubota Canada should honor a quote that was given and not charge the dealer the additional 15%

Reactions: 1 user

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Soooo I think I know what's going on, my initial quote was 25000.00 for the BX23s and it showed on the Kubota Canada site in the 25000.00 range... I just looked at the Kubota site again and it now shows 28000.00 a 15% difference, coincidence??? I am going to give Kubota a call and explain what I see. We shall see what they say. I think Kubota Canada should honor a quote that was given and not charge the dealer the additional 15%
Anything's worth a try. I believe if you'd place an order they'd honour it. If you sat on the quote and the price changed, not so much. Quotes usually have a validity period written on them. Often 30 or 7 days. How long ago did you get the quote, and does it say how long it's valid for?

BadAndy

Equipment
Mar 30, 2021
Canada
Anything's worth a try. I believe if you'd place an order they'd honour it. If you sat on the quote and the price changed, not so much. Quotes usually have a validity period written on them. Often 30 or 7 days. How long ago did you get the quote, and does it say how long it's valid for?
The quote was in April and I was supposed to have it within two weeks, I work out of town and arranged delivery for the day I got home… delivery didn’t happen. I called the salesman to make sure my price was locked in (for this very reason) he said yes. So in summary I don’t think I should be penalized for something out of my control. I have a feeling that my tractor was sold to someone else thinking they would have one in for me when I got home which ultimately didn’t happen. And the quote doesn’t have an expiration date on it.

GSD-Keegan

Equipment
B2601 with Fel and Bh70 backhoe
Mar 6, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Back in February I got a quote which expired end of the month. Before end of month salesman contacted me saying price going up March 1st. I was procrastinating and thought maybe just a pressure sales tactic. Went in March 2nd or 3rd to put a deposit. My quote wasn’t honoured as it had expired and I paid an extra 15 percent. Kick myself for that one😩. Salesman stated they expected further increases throughout this year. I thought I better jump on it and lock a price in.
New quote was written, I placed a deposit. Tractor came in a couple months later. Final invoice and sales agreement was higher than quote, but my salesman stuck to the quote we agreed on…with a deposit .

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Did the dealer reach out to you about the price increase or did they tell you when you called them?

At a minimum I would go and get quotes for a JD, Massey, Mahindra for equivalent setup and see where things are. I might even use those against the Kubota dealer. This shady stuff is unacceptable and I would never buy from a dealer that increased the price after contract was put in place. You did have a signed order correct?

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
Good luck OP, I'm rooting for you. However I have this over-riding feeling about the whole issue the Kubota and/or the dealer is going to say "yea, we don't care"...and the next guy in line is going to come by in the next second and snap it right up for 28K. :confused:

BadAndy

Equipment
Mar 30, 2021
Canada
Back in February I got a quote which expired end of the month. Before end of month salesman contacted me saying price going up March 1st. I was procrastinating and thought maybe just a pressure sales tactic. Went in March 2nd or 3rd to put a deposit. My quote wasn’t honoured as it had expired and I paid an extra 15 percent. Kick myself for that one😩. Salesman stated they expected further increases throughout this year. I thought I better jump on it and lock a price in.
New quote was written, I placed a deposit. Tractor came in a couple months later. Final invoice and sales agreement was higher than quote, but my salesman stuck to the quote we agreed on…with a deposit .
It is really unfortunate… I didn’t procrastinate, we agreed what I wanted, got the ok from finance and the order was placed.

BadAndy

Equipment
Mar 30, 2021
Canada
Did the dealer reach out to you about the price increase or did they tell you when you called them?

At a minimum I would go and get quotes for a JD, Massey, Mahindra for equivalent setup and see where things are. I might even use those against the Kubota dealer. This shady stuff is unacceptable and I would never buy from a dealer that increased the price after contract was put in place. You did have a signed order correct?
I called the dealer for status of my order, that’s when he said the people he gets it from may charge an extra 15% for sourcing and such, he didn’t say Kubota. I wanted and thought I would have the tractor in early May. I wasn’t sitting on it waiting, this is why I’m a bit annoyed.

BadAndy

Equipment
Mar 30, 2021
Canada
Thanks for everyone's input... I spoke to Kubota and they say the quote should be honored.

At this point I will just see how it pans out, its possible the dealer doesn't charge me the 15% (that's an implement I could have bought) lol

Last edited:

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Thanks for everyone's input... I spoke to Kubota and they say the quote should be honored.

At this point I will just see how it pans out, its possible the dealer doesn't charge me the 15% (that's an implement I could have bought) lol
Glad to hear it. Is the dealer you are working with getting parts/machines directly from Kubota? Are they an authorized service center? Kinda sounds like a used car dealer that also sells tractors, but I might be misinterpreting.

BadAndy

Equipment
Mar 30, 2021
Canada
Glad to hear it. Is the dealer you are working with getting parts/machines directly from Kubota? Are they an authorized service center? Kinda sounds like a used car dealer that also sells tractors, but I might be misinterpreting.
Its an actual Kubota Dealer... Kubota head office just called me back, they will not increase a quote that was was agreed upon and actioned/ordered prior to the price increase... So i'm good on the Kubota side. I'm thinking this will work out.

jameister

Equipment
BX2370
Jul 1, 2021
Cataldo Idaho
Rim Guard in the rears for sure...never had a problem with tire slip or rubber valves, but possible I guess. One thing I read about the newer BXs, that there is some kind of hydraulic component mounted under the rear fender (right hand side?) that could be damaged by chains?
first day with used 2016 BX2370... field mowing and some trail work. rolling along to return to base... blew off the end of the rubber valve stem. pissing fluid from tire. at first thought I had punctured the sidewall. then saw a decapitated valve stem.. believe hydraulic shock from fluid filled tire simply too much for the filled turf tires with rubber valve stems.. anyway ordered a set of R4's, will fluid fill or foam fill them, and metal stem them.

Last edited:

lilguy

Nov 7, 2011
Illinois
Im 40 miles NW of Chicago. You get a 30 day quote guarantee on in stock equipment, That’s it. There is NO stock within 100 miles of me. Get on a list and wait until you’re called. If it’s higher and you balk, on to the the next guy.

BadAndy

Equipment
Mar 30, 2021
Canada
I have a 2016 BX25D TLB with 500 hours on the clock and a steep driveway. My recommendations are simple. First, consider rear chains on any tractor for snow clearing. Second, forget the BX and get a cab tractor if it's financially and logistically possible. The BX is a GREAT choice for an acre property IMO but moving snow with a cab is pretty great too. I love my BX but I've recently lost 50 pounds and I can almost not stand being on the tractor in winter. I can see myself upgrading to a cab machine once my excavator is paid for. BX is great ... just really think about it haha.

- James
Thanks for the input James. My tractor is finally arriving July30th :)... as for the cab, I ended up stumbling on an "Original Tractor Cab" for sale on Kijji, only a year old with the glass windshield and wiper, so that will be my cab which I can remove in the summer. PS... I follow your YouTube channel.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Hi all, I’m on an acre in Canada with fairly steep 100yard driveway. I am presently running a Craftsman YT4000 lawn tractor with a Bercomac snow blower, the blower works great but the hill is a challenge... I’m looking to upgrade to a BX23s which will allow me to do a lot of needed yard work... My driveway has about a 20% grade with a 35% grade spot, have any of you had trouble with that type of grade? Now to my point lol... This will be my first tractor and wondering what kind of questions I should ask the dealer, and get a reasonable deal.
Thanks

BadAndy (my old gamers name)

I don't doubt that your driveway is steep, however, if you have a 20% grade leading to a 35% grade, you don't have a driveway, you have the side of a mountain. I was just pointing out the gradient signs to my wife as we drove the hills around our home, and the steepest one that I found was a 9% going down to the valley, and 6% going up the other side. The truck in front of us was laboring to climb the 6% grade. Think of the road being a roof. for a 35% grade, the roof would rise 4.5 inches for every 12 inches in run. I don't doubt that your driveway is steep, but a 35% grade, would mean that you wouldn't want to try to blow snow going uphill, since the tractor will need most of it's power to climb the hill.

BadAndy

Equipment
Mar 30, 2021
Canada
I don't doubt that your driveway is steep, however, if you have a 20% grade leading to a 35% grade, you don't have a driveway, you have the side of a mountain. I was just pointing out the gradient signs to my wife as we drove the hills around our home, and the steepest one that I found was a 9% going down to the valley, and 6% going up the other side. The truck in front of us was laboring to climb the 6% grade. Think of the road being a roof. for a 35% grade, the roof would rise 4.5 inches for every 12 inches in run. I don't doubt that your driveway is steep, but a 35% grade, would mean that you wouldn't want to try to blow snow going uphill, since the tractor will need most of it's power to climb the hill.
DustyRusty you are right… it should be degrees not percent… and after re-checking, it is actually about a 25deg slope that blends into a 5deg slope, and from my research I should be good. I’m a noob be easy on me :/

BadAndy

Equipment
Mar 30, 2021
Canada
UPDATE... For the curious minds... I got my official invoice and the pricing was as per the original quote, very happy with the outcome, also added the LandPride 3rd function to the order and will have my tractor July 30th. It's been a fair wait... 4 months, but can't wait to start on my projects.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: but can't wait to start on my projects.
ahh, but you'll have to... once the neighbours SEE your new ride, THEY will want 'this and that done' for them FIRST.......hehehehehe

• Wow