Looking for some ideas

Dieselbob

Equipment
BX 2230, LA211 loader, 60â€￾ MMM, 2â€￾ wheel spacers, grille guard, gauges, bucket e
Nov 17, 2014
Fort Wayne IN
I use my BX with the loader around the yard constantly as a motorized wheelbarrow so to speak. The one problem I have is that I am always trying to carry a shovel and rake around with me. If I hang onto them, they get in way, and if I stand them on end, I have had them smacked out of my hands by tree branches. If I lay them in the bucket or across the loader arms, I hit a bump and they fall off. The thought of using some PVC pipe to make holders has crossed my mind, but where and how to mount them? If anybody has some good examples, or at least good ideas, I'd like to know. :)

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
drill 2 holes straight through a length of PVC, then come back and drill the holes on one side of the pvc big enough to accept the heads of screws or bolts with whatever tightening method you're using (ie, the hole needs to be big enough for your socket driver). or, alternatively, you could also wrap hose clamps around a vertical member and lash the pvc section to it that way.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forum Fiend v1.3.2.

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
drill 2 holes straight through a length of PVC, then come back and drill the holes on one side of the pvc big enough to accept ...
That's a great idea! And make the second holes big enough to get a socket to drive the bolt. Or, better, use carriage head bolts so the shovel and rake handles don't bang on them when you put them in the tube.

I recommend against drilling into the FEL arms, and as well, the ROPS. Putting a pipe on them should be done with big hose clamps (or tie-wires, if you can pull 'em tight enough), or with ClickBond fasteners.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Tubes mounted to a ballast box is also a great way to haul the rakes and shovels around. ;)

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I use my BX with the loader around the yard constantly as a motorized wheelbarrow so to speak. The one problem I have is that I am always trying to carry a shovel and rake around with me. If I hang onto them, they get in way, and if I stand them on end, I have had them smacked out of my hands by tree branches. If I lay them in the bucket or across the loader arms, I hit a bump and they fall off. The thought of using some PVC pipe to make holders has crossed my mind, but where and how to mount them? If anybody has some good examples, or at least good ideas, I'd like to know. :)

Here is a thought -

using your pvc pipe - zip tie it to your vertical frame mount that supports your bucket- I use these for chains, but I bet you could take two pieces that are 2" in diameter and place them side by side - and have a set on either side. Now true the rakes and shovels would be up in the air, but probably not any higher than the rops. Just a thought - total cost would be less than 20 bucks. The zip ties are the kind you use in HVAC and are bought at lowes.

Attachments

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
you could also attach the pvc to the lower end of the rops such that the tips of the shovels ate right around the top of the tops, if they'll line up like that, of course.

edit, I like the chain container.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forum Fiend v1.3.2.

Last edited:

tcrote5516

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, 50" Front Blower, Heated Cab, 6' blade, 3pt carry all, 3pt hitch
Sep 2, 2014
Southern New Hampshire
Here is a thought -

using your pvc pipe - zip tie it to your vertical frame mount that supports your bucket- I use these for chains, but I bet you could take two pieces that are 2" in diameter and place them side by side - and have a set on either side. Now true the rakes and shovels would be up in the air, but probably not any higher than the rops. Just a thought - total cost would be less than 20 bucks. The zip ties are the kind you use in HVAC and are bought at lowes.
Damn! How do you keep that FEL so grease free??? Mine slings extra grease all over the place.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I recommend against drilling into the FEL arms, and as well, the ROPS.
I must agree, I looked at another B7100 with a B219 FEL that had 2 extra bolts all yucky-puckied up with silicone seal on the right-hand upright. (the RH upright is the hydraulic tank) The guy has tried to mount a fire extinguisher. Can you say Tater-haid? I knew you could.:rolleyes: