Looking for Mower Deck G5200

Smokeless

Equipment
3901/Loader/Rear Blade/Box Blade/LP Mower/Pallet forks IH M,,Cub & sickle mower
Feb 5, 2018
Southern Illinois
If anyone has a good mower deck that will fit G5200, please PM Smokeless. Thanks

BruceP

Equipment
G5200H
Aug 7, 2016
Richmond, Vermont, USA
The mowdecks for that series of tractors were manufactured from poorly-recycled steel. They rust into oblivion.

Kubota ran out of spares many years ago (even if you could afford $1200 for a bare deck with no spindles or gearbox)

I spent several months learning to weld as I rebuilt my mowdeck. It has more patches/sticthes than
Frankenstein... but it mows the lawn.

Last edited:

Smokeless

Equipment
Feb 5, 2018
Southern Illinois
The mowdecks for that series of tractors were manufactured from poorly-recycled steel. They rust into oblivion.

Kubota ran out of spares many years ago (even if you could afford $1200 for a bare deck with no spindles or gearbox)

I spent several months learning to weld as I rebuilt my mowdeck. It has more patches/sticthes than
Frankenstein... but it mows the lawn.
Yup, good solid option. We weld this end and already couple significant patches in place. Another on the to do list. Might be better to patiently watch the market for a complete tractor with deck kept inside with reasonable hours.

Smokeless

Equipment
Feb 5, 2018
Southern Illinois
Will a deck for a G3200 fit?
No clue, i dont even know where to check. Might be a similar matter as front end loaders for old tractors. Weld, bend and fabricate, but worth checking out....thanks

603g5200

Equipment
Kubota G5200G, G2500 snowblower and a Massey Ferguson MF20 Industrial
Oct 27, 2020
New Hampshire
Smokeless,
I hope you have found a deck. but if you have not and for others the mower decks for the G3200, G4200, G5200 and G6200 will all fit each model. Replacement decks that you can get are any deck for those 4 tractors ( These are not available anymore) you will have to find a used one and they rot out. The part numbers for those decks are RC40-G, RC44-G and RC48-G.

An updated deck that will fit your tractor or any of the early G series, are the decks for the newer G series mowers. G1800, G1900 or G2000 tractors. Those decks are RC40-G20, RC44-G20 and RC48-G20 if you use those decks depending on which front link arms you have for your mower you might need adapters as well these extend the front attachment points on the frame an additional 2 inches. I have attached photo's of these brackets.
PXL_20210514_135144267.MP.jpg

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

BruceP

Equipment
G5200H
Aug 7, 2016
Richmond, Vermont, USA
you might need adapters as well these extend the front attachment points on the frame an additional 2 inches. I have attached photo's of these brackets.
THANK YOU for the photos.
During sharp turns, the rear wheels on my mowdeck rub the rear tractor tires.

I have measured and determined if the mowdeck was 1.5 inches closer to the front... all would be well. My front links are SOLID (do not have turnbuckles for length adjustment)

Now for the million dollar question. DID YOU WELD UP THESE EXTENDERS YOURSELF?...or are they a Kubota P/N?

Thanks.

Torinodan

Equipment
T1600 X2, G4200, G5200, Ford 2810
Oct 14, 2021
Fayetteville GA
Now for the million dollar question. DID YOU WELD UP THESE EXTENDERS YOURSELF?...or are they a Kubota P/N?

Thanks.
The ones on my 5200 are the exact same extensions. Kubota made, no numbers on them and hadn't found anything online yet.

Vegha

Dec 8, 2021
Sweden
I've just bought a G3HST recently which is to my knowledge equivalent with your G5200H. It comes with an RC40-GR which needs some maintenance: some stupid former owner wanted to transform from rear discharge to side discharge. No comment.
Do you think it is possible to make this available for mulching ? If it requires only a plate to cover the exit tunnel then it can be done when other leakage will be welded anyway.

Attachments

BruceP

Equipment
G5200H
Aug 7, 2016
Richmond, Vermont, USA
I've just bought a G3HST recently which is to my knowledge equivalent with your G5200H. It comes with an RC40-GR which needs some maintenance: some stupid former owner wanted to transform from rear discharge to side discharge. No comment.
Do you think it is possible to make this available for mulching ? If it requires only a plate to cover the exit tunnel then it can be done when other leakage will be welded anyway.
Not sure if you were asking me... or not.

G5200 deck blows to the RIGHT side of machine. (not rear)

As far as I know, a mulching deck is DESIGNED to do that job. A mulcher often has additional (shorter) fans which keep the clippings aloft above the cutting-blades so they can recycle several times to be recut. Also the mowblades are often sharpened along most of their length (instead of at the very ends)

However, since your deck has been 'cobriFabbled' anyway, I would think you cannot make it any worse.

You may find, if it cannot discharge clippings, it may bog down unless you mow slowly. Do not forget you will be asking it to cut...and REcut the clippings until they fall into the lawn.

In any case, keeping the cutting blades RAZOR sharp will go a long way to help mulching process.

Last edited:

603g5200

Equipment
Kubota G5200G, G2500 snowblower and a Massey Ferguson MF20 Industrial
Oct 27, 2020
New Hampshire
from all my knowledge and experience with this mower, if you purchase mulching blades and you can get Gator style Oregon blades Oregon mulching blades are part number 391-617, you will have to bore out the hole if the spindles are the same size as the RC48-G20 decks. They work great. I would also recommend installing baffles inside the deck to help keep the clippings aloft as Bruce mentioned. My mower does not bogg down at all unless I get in really deep grass or thick leaves in the fall. Just make sure you mow when it is dry, you will want to clean the deck regularly so clippings do not build up and rot the deck.

Vegha

Dec 8, 2021
Sweden
@BruceP
Yes, it is rear in fact. See the attached brochure. Mine has RC-40GR (Rear) very uncommon, indeed. However, I had experience with side discharge and mulcher only (Husqvarna), and my preference is the mulcher or the rear discharge. Only my last choice would be the sider because it is more difficult to maneuver on corners (I have a vineyard + fruit garden).
I have never ever seen any mulcher with added blowing air and none of the mulching kits seem like you wrote. As I see it sets up some turbulence by the plates and there are some modifications on the blade.

@603g5200
Mine has a 40" deck so the part you sent will not fit. I think this could be a difference between the U.S. and the European version perhaps.

I am thinking on if a RCK-48-21GEC (2010 ) could be installed on my G3HST. I found one on eBay for about 650€ which I think is a great price since it is new. And then there is an original mulching kit available for this. +350€ more

Attachments

Smokeless

Equipment
Feb 5, 2018
Southern Illinois
Smokeless,
I hope you have found a deck. but if you have not and for others the mower decks for the G3200, G4200, G5200 and G6200 will all fit each model. Replacement decks that you can get are any deck for those 4 tractors ( These are not available anymore) you will have to find a used one and they rot out. The part numbers for those decks are RC40-G, RC44-G and RC48-G.

An updated deck that will fit your tractor or any of the early G series, are the decks for the newer G series mowers. G1800, G1900 or G2000 tractors. Those decks are RC40-G20, RC44-G20 and RC48-G20 if you use those decks depending on which front link arms you have for your mower you might need adapters as well these extend the front attachment points on the frame an additional 2 inches. I have attached photo's of these brackets. View attachment 59855
Great post and thank you. So newer model decks will work, with some fiddling. Is that what you are telling us?

My mower has allot of hours, but is still strong. Does have a slight trans leak, but it is so slight I just top it off now and then, Thanks

tractorslave

Equipment
B 6200 hst 4wd
Apr 16, 2012
Western MASS
Great post and thank you. So newer model decks will work, with some fiddling. Is that what you are telling us?

My mower has allot of hours, but is still strong. Does have a slight trans leak, but it is so slight I just top it off now and then, Thanks
Hi
I have an RC-48 Deck, but it needs lots of welding...
Dave

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I've got a G3200 that I started tinkering on a couple of years ago, then I got busy with something else. Deck is pretty good. I bought new blades and rollers for the deck. Engine ran, but water pump needed replaced. That's where I got busy.

My wife wants it out of her sight. I'm selling it with a TG1860 (gas) that need a little attention, but I'm too far away from you guys to help!

George G

Equipment
G6200
Aug 29, 2022
geogia vt
I've got a G3200 that I started tinkering on a couple of years ago, then I got busy with something else. Deck is pretty good. I bought new blades and rollers for the deck. Engine ran, but water pump needed replaced. That's where I got busy.

My wife wants it out of her sight. I'm selling it with a TG1860 (gas) that need a little attention, but I'm too far away from you guys to help!