Looking at l4310 tomorrow

bfitzgerald3

Nov 13, 2012
harbor springs, mi
I'm new to the tractor world, but not for long.

I'm planning on checking out a 2002 L4310 tomorrow, 2400hrs, asking $15k.

A few questions:
1) where can I find info on front snow blowers that will fit?
2) when I need to fix something, how hard is it gong to be to get parts?
3) I'm reasonably competent at checking out a used car...cars aren't tractors. What things do I need to be mindful of that are likely to be missed by a tractor newbs?

I'm sure some of this has been discussed, but I haven't found it here...It'd be great to have links to old threads!

Many thanks!

Bluegill

Equipment
L3750DT Shuttle, L3800DT FEL both
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
1) I can't help with the snow blower, but would see what the local dealers offer.
2) Parts will be easy to get, local, or online. I can get parts for our 1984 L3750.
3) Look for leaks, check strength of loader, drive it around in all gears, 2wd and 4wd. Look for exhaust smoke (black is good) and odd sounds from engine.

As for the price, we paid 12.5k for our L3750, shuttle shift and FEL in 2000. It had over 2k hours and was 16 years old at the time. It's a comparable tractor at 45hp and the start of the GL series, but no cab. Had to rebuild the front end last year and parts where no problem to get.

Kingcreek

Equipment
Grand L3010 GST 4wd, LA481FEL, various attachments and accessories
Aug 3, 2011
NW Illinois
I don't follow pricing but that is quite a few hours. Hopefully it has a good loader at that price.
I bought my grand L 3010 in 2009 (1999 model) with 950 hrs on it for 11k in excellent condition with good loader and HD bucket, shuttle shift, r4 tires with ballast. I was reviewing my insurance policies this spring and valued it at 15k current with under 1200 hours. No leaks no issues runs great.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
That sure is alot of hrs for that price. I just saw a 98 model M4700DT with loader and 1300 hrs on Ebay for $15,900. That's twice the tractor with half the hrs for almost the same $$$.

bfitzgerald3

Nov 13, 2012
harbor springs, mi
Saw the tractor today.

Oil reservoir was low, full yesterday, according to seller.
Owned by three people in the last year, each sounding like a flipper.
Lots of cosmetic paint done, including covering copious rust about the hitch and pto.
Paint on much of engine, including some of the rubber hoses.
Original grease seen in joints, despite new paint....as well as primer.
One hyd piston appeared to drip. Armor bucket had oil near drip.

I agree on the price being high. Owner offered a little lower, threw in 100 mile delivery and a nice back blade.

Tractor may be okay, but for a newb, there seem to e potentially big questions/issues and things I'm not comfortable diagnosing.

Still hunting...