loader question L1500dt

david f

Nov 30, 2009
Kihei, Hawaii
Hi everyone, new to this forum. I just bought a L1500dt. I wanted to build a front end loader for it. (built a P.E. Engineering one in the past and it was a fun project) I thinking of using 2" cylinders for it but dont know if 3.7 gpm is going to be enough. Has anyone used a loader with 2" cylinder on their existing pump? The place I got the plans from say 4 gpm and up. Also I think I would build a 48" bucket for it. If I use 1.5" cylinders would it lift enough?
Any help would be greatly apprectated! ( Love this website. appears to be lots of very knowlegable people!)

fj55-100

Equipment
L 1500 dt
Oct 6, 2009
southwest Utah
I have a l1500dt as well and it has a kelley loader that uses the tractors pump . seems to work good . But when i bought it it had a broken engine block . where the axel stand bolts to the block .the loader did not use the full frame mount system that the newer ones use .and with a full bucket or alot of press on the bucket it trys to snap the tractor in half at the weakest point where it bolts togeather .
I have since replaced the block and am in the process of making a support that ties in the front axel/bumper assy .way further back in the bell housing and trans to keep it from flexing there .
I have pics but i dont have a editing program and when i try to put them up on here they are to large .
Also there is a older l series loader assy on Ebay right now ,tells what it came off of . mabey there is enough parts to start a build with . i think is is around 400 bucks .

david f

Nov 30, 2009
Kihei, Hawaii
Thank you for your help. The kelly loader has 2" cylinders I belive. I to am planing to make braces to transfer load to the front of the tractor. I may also make a ladder type system that runs from the rear axle to the front axle and attaches at all the hard points underneath that I can find. Again Thank for the info. I really didnt want to go thru the trouble and expense of another hydraulic system.(pto pump) Plus It will look cleaner with the factory system.
david f

fj55-100

Equipment
L 1500 dt
Oct 6, 2009
southwest Utah
Yea it has 2 cylinders on the arms. that the piston is 1 1/2, and one that tips the bucket same 1 1/2 .
my b8200 loader pistons are smaller 1 1/4

david f

Nov 30, 2009
Kihei, Hawaii
Thanks for the reply. I've seen one loader locally on a L1500 and it had one heay steel bracket that went to the rear axle. (when they rolled the tractor it broke the transmition case on the side without the bracket.) 700 lbs seems like plenty enough to lift a bucket of dirt. It sound like 1.5" cylinders is the way to go with this setup. Thank you so much for the info. David f

david f

Nov 30, 2009
Kihei, Hawaii
hey everyone, got the loader running a month or so ago still have to fine tune it. Put in some grease fittings an comb some hoses. I was wondering what the relief valve on the loader should be set at? It came factory set at 2000. I used it this way to test it out. Then realized that this was probably to high. phone 037.jpg

david f

Nov 30, 2009
Kihei, Hawaii
Hey Rex, Sorry it took so long to reply. Been away. Anyway I'll post some pic's in the next few days. With a disclaimer of course. I'm no engineer or speller. An I might break my tractor in half. (hope not) I would hate anyone following me to have trouble. I like to make my own trouble not other peoples.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hi David. It looks real good nice and clean. I will be interested to see your bracing system to the front. We do love to see pics. Everybody seems to like mine and I am a bubble gum welder. Again nice looking tractor and loader.:D Dusty

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Hi David. It looks real good nice and clean. I will be interested to see your bracing system to the front. We do love to see pics. Everybody seems to like mine and I am a bubble gum welder. Again nice looking tractor and loader.:D Dusty
Dusty, how dare you say that about your welds :mad:
I have seen pic's of them and I hope to one day be at your level.

Oh, and you are very much correct about liking the pic's :D

Scott

Joshua Zahn

Equipment
L275
Feb 13, 2010
Elkton, Maryland USA
Oh, I thought that meant that he welded with bubble gum and was hoping to learn that trick.:D

wrrncoker

Mar 27, 2010
Georgia
Hi everyone, new to this forum. I just bought a L1500dt. I wanted to build a front end loader for it. (built a P.E. Engineering one in the past and it was a fun project) I thinking of using 2" cylinders for it but dont know if 3.7 gpm is going to be enough. Has anyone used a loader with 2" cylinder on their existing pump? The place I got the plans from say 4 gpm and up. Also I think I would build a 48" bucket for it. If I use 1.5" cylinders would it lift enough?
Any help would be greatly apprectated! ( Love this website. appears to be lots of very knowlegable people!)
I actually had a friend of mine with a 2000 series?,, buy an after market no name brand loader for his that had 2" cylinders,After soe modifications to make it fit, It worked good for awhile but then started leaking down really fast. He carried it to several mechanics that could not find an answer to his problem and finaly after repacking the cylinders twice a hydraulic shop told him that the pump wasn't creating enough pressure in the cylinders to hold them? He eventually sold the unit and bought a name brand that was rated with 4.5 gpm that was recomended for the pump on his tractor. Might want to keep in mind before the expense of the build!

jeanot71

Jan 27, 2013
France
hello

sorry for my language i am french

i search a picture of the attachment of the loader of a kubota L1500DT

david f : can you take pictures more precise attachment system ?

in fisrt time : i dont understand the attachement
in seconde time: i search the attachment of hydraulic

thank you for your help