Loader out of alignment

Bad Bob

Equipment
L3901 tractor
Oct 6, 2019
Huntingdon,TN
L3901 tractor (2017) with a LA525 front loader and skid stree quick release bucket became out of alignment when the left side release handle opened up while I was digging. Now the hydralics cylinders move at different lengths and the bucket left pin is out half inch or more and will not attach. Don't know if I bent something or how to fix my problem ? Any ideas ?

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
You have to bend the plate back so it is in the same position (plane) as the other side. Could us a chain or a tree as go gently.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Bob - I'm no expert at all, but I believe you can chain one side, or put it up against something solid, like a tree, to get them in sync.

PS - whoops, 'Cat beat me to it...but good we both had same answer.:)

I missed the go easy part, but very important!:)

Last edited:

Bad Bob

Equipment
L3901 tractor
Oct 6, 2019
Huntingdon,TN
Hay Thanks I just got this little tractor & love it. use the brush hog around the house and tree fram and duck farm. No money in duck farming! I guess I pull the plate all the way up and slowly push the left one against a tree until they line up and the cylinder resets to the same lengths exposed ?

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Bob -

No. I think you have it bassakwards...:eek:

Think of the "tree" side as a replacement for a chain, or the "fixed" side. Get it snug to a tree. Then, you use the loader hydraulics to line them up, with the "free" side doing the movement.

You will want the side farther out/away from the tractor against the tree, so that a uncurl/un-dump movement of the joystick will push against the tree, and allow the other side to go forward and come into the same plane. Need to be gentle with the loader joystick, as 'Cat mentioned.

Otherwise, you're just pushing against the cylinder seals and hydraulic pressure...not good. There isn't a "float" function on the dump circuit of your loader valve, so you have to take that into account, and why you don't want to push it in against a tree. Doing so, if you can, will just push both sides in...not what you're after.

Again I have no experience - just what I've read here on OTT. I think I have it correctly....I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Good Luck, and let us know how you make out!

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
If the cylinders are different lengths you may need to bleed out the longer one by opening up a hose?
Nice idea, but I probably wouldn't go there first. It just opens the system, and should be able to fix it without cracking it open/bleeding fluid.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
The bar between the two SSQA "paddles" is twisted. You can try to "twist it back"-per D2CAT but don't get your hopes up. They will sometimes break. Do you have KTAC? If you do, you might could get a new SSQA for the cost of the deductible.