loader for an L305DT

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Found a loader for sale. It's on an L295DT. It's a Kubota brand loader, but model number is not to be seen!!

Owner said the hood is removed from the tractor because it can not be raised because of the loader. Has an auxiliary front PTO pump which interferes with the hood raising.

I am interested in finding a FEL for the L305DT and wondering if this is a possible fit.

Anyone know what Kubota loader would fit so close to the tractor the hood would not function? Is the hydraulic pump what interferes with the hood?

On an L305 can I NOT use the auxiliary pump and hook it to the tractor hydraulic system and get adequate results?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It's very likely that it's an aftermarket pump, the loader and pump was not made specifically for that tractor by the factory.
The hydraulic pump on your L305 is pretty substantial and should be able to run a loader with no problem.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 27, 2014
North, Thanks for your reply. I haven't seen the tractor first hand, only pictures. Do you think it the aux. pump causing the interference with the hood opening? I can't imagine a loader itself being so close it would cause any trouble! Is there a diagram somewhere to show how the loader gets power from the factory setup? This tractor has one set of remotes with a short hose connecting the ports.

If I can figure out how to post pictures I'll let you see what I've been doing.

I do appreciate you're response a couple of weeks ago with the front axle shaft.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes probably because the hood looks like it pivots down into the opening in the front of the frame.
If it is the actual loader frame that's getting in the way I bet with a little re-engineering that problem could be fixed.
I could look over the schematics for the hydraulics and see where it needs to be connected into, might just take some custom re-working of a couple of lines.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 27, 2014
If you get a minute to check out hydraulics that would be nice. I haven't even gone to look at the thing. If it had a joystick valve on it I would have bought it sight unseen, but no such luck.

Fabrication is something I enjoy. When I bought my B8200 in 1985 I bought a belly mower for it. Two year latter I bought a FEL. Dealer told me I could not use the mower and the loader at the same time because the loader frame interfered with the iron to hang the mower. That's why they came out with the B9200, longer frame and could leave both hooked up. Well, I did some measuring and some fabrication and it's still on there.

The B6200 with a belly mower required a A117 belt. It caused nothing but problems and would not last. I fabricated some pulley extensions up front and could go to town and buy a B120 belt. The A117 was a special length belt just for Kubota. The B120 was a common size, available anywhere that sold belts.

Yes the hood does hinge at the front and stands up at about 90 deg. I just can't see how a loader frame could interfere with the tractor hood opening because the frame work has to be far enough out to clear tractor frame in front.

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
My tractor is smaller but similar vintage, so I'm guessing they are built similarly. My hood pivot is at the bottom in front, so it rotates up and forward to open. The loader frame structure wraps around the hood, right across in front of the grille. This front portion of mine is actually bolted, and must be swung out of the way first before the hood can be opened. It's only one bolt and the hood doesn't need to come up too often so it's really no big deal. My loader is a 1200 model. It's run from the tractor's hydraulic pump, no auxiliary pump or reservoir. Hope that helps.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
The loader on my old L185DT was the same one on MagKarl's L245. On the L185 with tractor hydraulics it was SLOW. I had the dealer put on an auxiliary front pump. They naturally had no idea what they were doing, mounted it wrong, and actually took a torch and gouged out the hood frame to make it all fit. After about a week the pump shaft broke off, and I got to take a real look at what the clowns did. The dealer gave me a new pump and I mounted it right, and never had a problem with it and the hood. And it was about 3 times as fast as tractor hydraulics..
The L1200 loader had a 4' bucket, and would only pick up about 700 lbs. But it was HANDY, and functionally amazing. When you have something that will pick up 700 lbs, you find yourself doing it a LOT.
Take a jillion pictures, and measure from the rear axle to the mounting holes just by where the tranny connects to the motor, to the front of the tractor by where the hood mounts.
If you get an aux pump, you can adjust up the pressure (relief valve adjustment) a bit and get more out of the loader.