Loader arms faded...will warranty cover this?

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
I have a 2022 model year MX6000 cab tractor with the LA1065 loader which I bought new. In fairness, it has been outside most of its life, stored inside only a few months since I got it.

The orange paint on the loader arms has faded quite a bit. The hood and body panels have not. Will Kubota cover this under warranty as a paint defect? I assume not, but it seems pretty early to be this faded, especially since the loader arms faded but the hood and other panels did not.

I assume the loader is made at the Kubota plant in Georgia while the machine itself was made in Japan. Does the US plant use poor quality paint?

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Sorry…having trouble stopping laughing…

Not meaning to be disrespectfu…just appreciating differences between people. Nothing more…

edit: my post is probably showing the effects of a mistake I made this morning where I bent (twisted) the dipper stick on my excavator. 🥴😢

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Go over it with some rubbing compound and cut the oxidation off. UV light is hard on orange paint, and if you are leaving it outside, this is the result. I'd be very surprised if they would cover it.

I bought a Woods finish mower, in Kubota orange, for a song because it had faded so bad it was pink. I brought that paint back.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Not to be a Smart-A…. but, if I wanted to know if my insurance would cover something…. I’d ask my insurance-rep.

If I were an insurance rep and was told by an owner their tractor paint was fading and they wanted to make a claim… I”d ask “If you care about appearance…why do you store it outdoors?”

(Not being critical…just suggesting you think about what you’re gonna say to them when you call…. and mention that they are probably quite capable of visiting the internet to see what you might have said publicly.)

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
It's probably a different formulation in the paints. Body guy next door sees it every day,even with factory correct codes, shooting with gun, there's a HUGE variation in paint colour. Have to remember paint is locally mixed and a few drops per gallon makes a difference. Could be 'they' changed vendors on the UV inhibitors ? I do know that the SAME paint applied to steel and plastic will NOT be the same colour.

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
I assume the loader is made at the Kubota plant in Georgia while the machine itself was made in Japan. Does the US plant use poor quality paint?
Judging by the poor quality of the things that came out of Georgia on my tractor, I believe that you can expect anything from that plant.

troverman

Equipment
Jun 9, 2015
NH
Not to be a Smart-A…. but, if I wanted to know if my insurance would cover something…. I’d ask my insurance-rep.

If I were an insurance rep and was told by an owner their tractor paint was fading and they wanted to make a claim… I”d ask “If you care about appearance…why do you store it outdoors?”

(Not being critical…just suggesting you think about what you’re gonna say to them when you call…. and mention that they are probably quite capable of visiting the internet to see what you might have said publicly.)
First off, I wasn't asking about insurance. I was asking about warranty.
Secondly, I'm not trying to cover anything up. I have nothing to hide - the machine has been outside on job sites for most of its time since new.

I think my question is valid. I couldn't care less if a guy is laughing about me concerned about paint and appearance when he just messed up a more critical component on his excavator. That's not my problem. I was simply asking if this is something that they would cover or not, particularly if anyone had experience.

I guarantee if any of you bought a brand new car and in less than two years the paint was badly fading in certain areas, you'd be demanding warranty coverage on the paint job. This tractor cost me $55k...I expect the paint to last a reasonable amount of time. I have a nearly twenty year old work truck painted orange that still exhibits a relatively shiny finish with little to no fade, and its been outside its entire life.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
@troverman Apologies if I misunderstood… Some of the threads here discuss “warranty” and “insurance” interchangeably when they’re mixed with Kubota financing…and I mistakenly lept to that scenario.

You are correct…if the paint faded on a car (within it’s warranty period) I’d be looking into it myself….. my main point being…. I’d look into it with whomever underwrites that warranty.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I have a 2022 model year MX6000 cab tractor with the LA1065 loader which I bought new. In fairness, it has been outside most of its life, stored inside only a few months since I got it.

The orange paint on the loader arms has faded quite a bit. The hood and body panels have not. Will Kubota cover this under warranty as a paint defect? I assume not, but it seems pretty early to be this faded, especially since the loader arms faded but the hood and other panels did not.

The loader arms on my '21 MX6000 are faded too as is the bucket that came on the M6060. Oddly enough, the bucket that came on the MX and the loader from the M seem to be holding up well. I don't see this as a warranty issue though and doubt that it's covered. I'll apply a coat of Kubota orange at some point. That paint from the local dealer seems to hold up really well to UV and weather.

Trustable

Equipment
l2501HST
Jul 5, 2022
Michigan
I’m not to familiar with paint/detailing, but I wonder if a good polish would bring it back and then a clear coat?

troverman

Equipment
Jun 9, 2015
NH
Thanks for the info / advice everyone. Sorry if I was being testy. Sorry to hear about Henro's dipperstick problem.

The paint on this tractor's bucket is also fine...its just the loader arms. Made me think the paint was somehow defective or poor quality...you know, defective in materials or workmanship, standard warranty fare. But they probably have a disclaimer saying cosmetics are not covered, especially since they know how quickly their paint fades. I realize its a tool, but when you shell out a significant amount of money, you kind of want it to look nice for at least awhile. I haven't tried waxing it yet; have washed it a few times. Perhaps I'll try a cleaner wax to remove a top layer of oxidation. I don't think these tractors have a clear coat, but I could be wrong.

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
heck I've seen brand new Honda's with orange peel, as well as F150s......
Yup. And they only charge a “little” extra for it. You pay for what you get. On occasion you might even get what you pay for (but do not count on it).

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Yup. And they only charge a “little” extra for it. You pay for what you get. On occasion you might even get what you pay for (but do not count on it).

You loader arm color is frequently described as "Kubota pink" :ROFLMAO:

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I believe that your loader arms are powder-coated, not painted. Not much you can do with powder coat, except to sand it off and put real paint on it.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
From all the videos I have watched, Kubota gets "banged on" quite a bit about their paint inconsistencies and fading at different rates.

That guy at Good Works Tractors seems to pop into my head about mentioning Kubota and bad paint jobs.

Let us know what they say though. (y)

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
From all the videos I have watched, Kubota gets "banged on" quite a bit about their paint inconsistencies and fading at different rates.

That guy at Good Works Tractors seems to pop into my head about mentioning Kubota and bad paint jobs.

Let us know what they say though. (y)
There's a decent-sized Kubota dealer near me. Over the years, I've seen many new tractors, which had sat on the lot for a while, with faded paint.

troverman

Equipment
Jun 9, 2015
NH
There's a decent-sized Kubota dealer near me. Over the years, I've seen many new tractors, which had sat on the lot for a while, with faded paint.
Absolutely. When you go to trade in a tractor, the dealer mentions the faded paint and wants to give you less. But when you buy a new one that's been on the lot for a year and you ask for a discount because of the fade, they laugh and say "they're all like that."

Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I believe that your loader arms are powder-coated, not painted. Not much you can do with powder coat, except to sand it off and put real paint on it.
Powder coat only sticks to a charged surface and yet there's orange paint on the o-rings used to prevent paint from sticking to the ram/seal interface. My vote is that they're painted and not powder coated. The other clue is that powder coated parts go into a fairly hot oven to cure, so it seems doubtful that powder coat is used. But I've been wrong before.

Reactions: 1 user

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Kubota loaders are painted, not powder-coated.

Reactions: 1 users