Status
Not open for further replies.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
YOU Geo were the one telling him Kubota will cover it and have to prove he did something unwarranted with it. Both statements were very wrong. Sorry for pointing out you were wrong. It is only argumentative if you want back pedal now and then retry the same bad statements. Your follow up actually proves the point.

To the OP - NEVER add ANYTHING GREEN to your Kubota - lol. It is not a physical thing, it is a karma thing.
Sleddog.... I used to win a lot of marital arguments until they invented Google. Try it sometime:

“The Magnuson-Moss Act states that if a manufacturer requires you to use a certain part, then they must supply it free of charge until it’s off of warranty. Manufacturers don’t like this part of the law so they create a specification for a part so that you can purchase it from other suppliers.

When someone says that your cars’ warranty is voided if you use an oil additive automatically this is a false statement. As long as an oil additive does not compromise the specification for motor oil, it cannot void the warranty. And if there is question that it might compromise the specification to the point it could cause damage, then the manufacturer must prove it to actually void a warranty.”

Last edited:

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
That’s incorrect tiger. Nothing in the warranty prohibits using products other than genuine Kubota. It’s no different than using Exxon versus Chevron diesel fuel... if the Kubota takes a dump.... Kubota would have to prove the fluid/fuel/dye/air is what caused the problem.
While Kubota is not obligated to ”approve” any other mfr’s products... .... Kubota cannot require that only Kubota ”approved” supples be utilized exclusively....
BTDT
In the event of a failure, the manufacturer is going to send an oil sample to an independent lab for analysis. If the result determined the additive affected the hydraulic oil negatively, warranty denied. If the additive is approved by the manufacturer and was used by the directions on said additive, you should be covered.

Suppose someone reads on here that you can put dye in your hydraulic oil, goes to a store and buys a bucket of dye, and dumps it into the oil.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
Suppose someone reads on here that you can put dye in your hydraulic oil, goes to a store and buys a bucket of dye, and dumps it into the oil.
Suppose someone dumps a bucket-to0-much Kubota Hyd. Oil in there and the tractor fails? Same problem.... customer caused the issue. DOH.
But 3 ounces of JD dye...a product DESIGNED for Hyd Tractor fluids.... ain’t gonna cause a failure and Kubota ain’t required to approve adding it .... but they cannot prove it caused the failure and will have to warranty the problem.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Kubota ain’t required to approve adding it
Who said they were required to approve it?????????

In the event of a failure, the manufacturer is going to send an oil sample to an independent lab for analysis. If the result determined the additive affected the hydraulic oil negatively, warranty denied. If the additive is approved by the manufacturer and was used by the directions on said additive, you should be covered.

I have been called as an expert witness in three lawsuits, each one of them started out with the Plaintiff having to prove the probability of their complaint, not the Defendant having to disprove the complaint.

Last edited:

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
Tiger, I was not implying that Kubota HAD to approve anything not mfr’d by them... I was saying they DO NOT have to approve everything you might put into your tractor....but the fact Kubota doesn’t “approve“ a product does NOT kill a warranty or Kubotas obligation under their warranty.
(Whatever law suits you may have participated in do not validate anything you post in this thread. The ENTIRE testimony offered in the suit (IF the suit was even applicable to this discussion) would have to be considered and may / may not be applicable.
Don’t be obtuse simply because you can. The SAME hyd fluids which may meet the SAME specifications which can be approved by BOTH JD and Kubota... are not restrained from their performance by a few ounces of a dye that was DESIGNED to be in that fluid.

The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act is a Federal Law that protects the buyer of any product, which costs more than $25 and comes with an express written warranty. This law applies to any product that you buy as a consumer.

To anyone reading this thread: Use your common sense ... (this area contains text moderator removed... personal insults direct or indirect were of no value to the points made)

Last edited by a moderator:

SAR Tracker

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, FEL, LX2963 Snowblower, BH77 Backhoe, forks
Nov 17, 2020
Central Oregon
Does anyone else like garlic salt with their popcorn? Jesus..... move on!

Reactions: 3 users

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Tiger, I was not implying that Kubota HAD to approve anything not mfr’d by them... I was saying they DO NOT have to approve everything you might put into your tractor....but the fact Kubota doesn’t “approve“ a product does NOT kill a warranty or Kubotas obligation under their warranty.
No one has said that Kubota had to approve anything. If there is a failure, the fluid sample will be taken and sent to an independent lab. If the test shows the additive caused the failure, you will get no warranty and Kubota does not have to prove anything. They would have the lab report.

(Whatever law suits you may have participated in do not validate anything you post in this thread. The ENTIRE testimony offered in the suit (IF the suit was even applicable to this discussion) would have to be considered and may / may not be applicable.
What the suits were about does not matter, the fact that they all start with the complainant having to provide sound reasoning or proof that the failure was a manufactures error, not the additive. What lawsuit can you list that ever started with the defendant having to provide any proof to the court before the plaintiff?
Is that a Mag-Moss thing? I want to read the case.

I'll wait,

Don’t be obtuse simply because you can. The SAME hyd fluids which may meet the SAME specifications which can be approved by BOTH JD and Kubota... are not restrained from their performance by a few ounces of a dye that was DESIGNED to be in that fluid.
The few ounces of JD Red hydraulic oil dye most likely is not going to cause a failure unless it is contaminated, or counterfeit. My point is just because it will dump into the fill hole, Kubota is not required to just warranty it. They are not just required to warranty it. (they still have the fluid sample test result)

The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act is a Federal Law that protects the buyer of any product, which costs more than $25 and comes with an express written warranty. This law applies to any product that you buy as a consumer.
Since the JD Dye does not cost $25.00, does it even qualify for the almighty Mag-Moss?? :whistle: :unsure:

To anyone reading this thread: Use your common sense instead of believing horse manure just because a manure-expert brings manure.
Yes, go to your pilot on horse manure matters, your mileage may vary! :)

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
Tiger, you can keep incorrectly interpreting what I said to your hearts content...but it doesn’t mean what you wish to imply. I never said Kubota has to warranty anyone else’s product. What I said, plain and simple is: Kubota may not disqualify their warranty simply becuase a product was used that did not have their “approval”.

You and sled have both advocated the use of fuel-additives here at OTT. Tell us, ... WHICH fuel additives that you use in your tractors or can recommend to anyone else here to use which are KUBOTA BRAND??
Does the use of Stanadyne, or Power Service, or other violate a Kubota warranty? DOH.

There are plenty of law-suits that use “Expert Witnesses” who will testify whatever B.S. the lawyer that hired them.... and their testimony smells like B.S. and is proven incorrect as often at not.
O.J was pronounced innocent Of murder.... must be true, heh?

I’m through with this thread and the stoopid stuff posted that twists and ignores fact.

And I like garlic-salt and always want more than my wife. Lawry’s is best.

Last edited:

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
I never said Kubota has to warranty anyone else’s product
Actually, you did on more than one occasion.

Still waiting for that legal action where the plaintiff did not have to prove their case first.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
Actually, you did on more than one occasion.

Still waiting for that legal action where the plaintiff did not have to prove their case first.
QUOTE ME WHERE I said Kubota had to warranty someone else product.

It’ll be another cold day in TX before I respond to a challenge I never supported.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Does anyone else like garlic salt with their popcorn? Jesus..... move on!
Who puts GARLIC salt on popcorn?!?! :rolleyes: 🤬

Regular salt and real butter only....everybody knows that...😎😉:)

Gosh, diverticulosis has banned popcorn from my house....I love popcorn, and I'm not the one with diverticulosis....:(

My back to your regularly scheduled....um, whatever was going on....

I think I'm with 'Tiger on this one.....I'm no lawyer, but "I" get sued a lot...'cuz I'm often the one served the lawsuits at work.....

Last edited:

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Some interesting points..... Thanks to those who included supporting documents.

BTW-- the pop corn comments etc. does not help a damn thing ......actually makes it worse....

Overall ... since the opposing points have been made pretty clearly... members can pick thru it, learn from it, and decide their own actions going forward..... thus no additional comments are neccissary beyond beating a dead horse..... so closing this thread for a while till folk realize its ok to have different views based on different experiences..... and getting insulted by it/ emotional about it is a waste of our members time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.