Like to know the story on this one...

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
yeesh I read it, and again...
sounds like they're clearing the trees out ,to put a big sewage line in...like 100' to the river ??
No one has a clue HOW to get the million dollars worth of machines out...hint: it ain't easy and WILL cost BIG..
Up here, you would need a zillion $$$$ permits to just begin that project ad that's after a 'archelogical survey' is completed.....and approval from 5-8 'boards'....
Please keep the info coming ! Going to be interesting to hear how they get out !!

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Small update for anyone interested:

If they intend to dig them out, they will need to install a well point system, or Kelly wells around the equipment to suck out the ground water to dry it up.

If not they will just make soup.

Either that or walk in a crane on the pads.

Either way, it is gonna be $$$$$$ to get those babies out of there.

Hope they got good insurance.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
A large barge crane was the answer…

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
funny, I was thinking last week... wonder if they got them out yet....
That's one HUGE 'barge crane'!!!!
I expect the excavators are now 'parts machines'.....??

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
funny, I was thinking last week... wonder if they got them out yet....
That's one HUGE 'barge crane'!!!!
I expect the excavators are now 'parts machines'.....??
Don't hold your breath. Seen some a few machines swamped pretty bad that they got going again. One down south. Guy was digging out a pond and got off the mats. Sank in till just level with the operators feet. Got another guy in with a big Volvo hoe to dig out the first hoe. Two step decks worth of mats, and a couple hours later they had the hoe dug out. Basically they hosed it off and checked over it and fired it off. Drove it out with the help of the Volvo. Only stuck for 2 days not 2 months. The stuck hoe was a rental. It did end up back in service. Happens more often then people think, just normally they don't get the publicity this story got.

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
up to the 'floor' isn't a problem, but at least one of these was TOTALLY submerged ! 2nd pix shows guy ON THE ROOF of the cab or engine compartment(well pretty sure...)
For sure ALL wiring , computers, electronics,gauges, etc will need to be 100% totally replaced. I suspect engines will be tore down as well as hydraulics (water gets in via the vents....)

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Don't hold your breath. Seen some a few machines swamped pretty bad that they got going again. One down south. Guy was digging out a pond and got off the mats. Sank in till just level with the operators feet. Got another guy in with a big Volvo hoe to dig out the first hoe. Two step decks worth of mats, and a couple hours later they had the hoe dug out. Basically they hosed it off and checked over it and fired it off. Drove it out with the help of the Volvo. Only stuck for 2 days not 2 months. The stuck hoe was a rental. It did end up back in service. Happens more often then people think, just normally they don't get the publicity this story got.
sounds like youre talking about letsdig. hes a pro for sure

Reactions: 1 user